Getting HK-51 is way too difficult

alexkman

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hunt for the droid parts should be made skippable for the rest of your Legacy once you've unlocked HK-51 for one of your characters.

That's really all I have to say on the subject.

^This.

Also, the Tatooine part? Why am I PAYING to purchase an HK-51 part? WHY!?!?

***&*%& is up with credit sinks in this game?

Didn't you have to find the parts in Kotor for HK-47? Not sure how this is any different that doing it in Kotor and if anything you had to play through half of a 40 hour game to get all the pieces from what I remember.

Because we didn't have to buy them in KOTOR (the Outlaw's Den part shouldn't cost +100k, it's annoying to buy that on 5 toons).

Theres a little more to it than the scavenger hunt. Sure I imagine it oculd be a bit frustrating now that the initial wave has passed, and you're doing it without a mob of helpers...but honestly theres some good fun in this one. The scavenger hunt is only part of it.

There was no 3 hours of scanning to get HK-47. That's how it's different

What I did was, talked to everyone in zone that was doing it. Said if they get a hit of 25 meters send cord. and wait till everyone got there. Then we did the line thing. We worked together to find it. took about 10 min.

Those that had to scan other planets stayed in grp. We even went on our alt faction toons together to do it.

Subscribers pay their hard earned money to do this quest line and I, for one, would like a cool, action packed story than a tedious, boring scavenger hunt that feels more like work than play. Even f2p players spend hard earned credits or dollars on cartel coins only to find that this quest line takes an absurd number of hours and boring perseverance. HK-51 was among the greatest ideas bioware had for Swtor and would be an unbelievable addition to a great game. To put in perspective how terrible they've made this mission series, HK-51 simply isn't the trouble, and that should speak incredibly powerfully to any fan of KoToR, swtor, and star wars in general.

Who agrees?

I disagree 110%, this was one of the funnest quest lines EVAR

I don't think I should end up feeling suicidal because of a recreational videogame. I should feel quite the opposite, really. It sucks because the rest of the game is phenomenal and now I'm endorsing something that makes me suicidal.

Simmer down drama queen... get a friend or a group of friends, and triangulate the scanning... you will find the parts in 5 minutes or less on each planet.. .wow, that's hard :rolleyes:

/sarcasm off.

If I can do it all solo on a pyrotech mercenary with just FP armor, anybody should be able to do it with any other class at level 50 with no problem.

If the worst class in the game can solo anything, and you can't.... then it has to be a skill issue.

Edited by bahdasz

To the OP: Not difficult but tedious.

This.

If you search for the parts with other players it is not so bad. I remember getting to Hoth, and seeing this enormous area to search, and literally 5 seconds after I got there, another player unearthed the HK piece. Sweet. I think the longest I took was Taris, but that was mainly because I was searching to far to the south.

The only thing I DIDN'T like was having to create a republic character from scratch. That took the most time, getting him to 15.

The video of getting HK was awesome- thankfully I had paired with another character to get through the surprises waiting in the ship. That was brutal.

Subscribers pay their hard earned money to do this quest line and I, for one, would like a cool, action packed story than a tedious, boring scavenger hunt that feels more like work than play. Even f2p players spend hard earned credits or dollars on cartel coins only to find that this quest line takes an absurd number of hours and boring perseverance. HK-51 was among the greatest ideas bioware had for Swtor and would be an unbelievable addition to a great game. To put in perspective how terrible they've made this mission series, HK-51 simply isn't the trouble, and that should speak incredibly powerfully to any fan of KoToR, swtor, and star wars in general.

Who agrees?

Essentially, nobody agrees with you. You are being so melodramatic over a piece of content which is purely optional. "An absurd number of hours?" Please. Wife and I finished the entire thing in an evening, including the instances. It's meant to take that long, so we made an evening of it. Don't like scanning for parts? Develop some social skills and form a group to make it go faster. That's what we did, and spent no more than about 1.5 hours scanning for parts all together. There is action in the quest line in the form of boss fights and instance runs. If that's not enough action for you, go watch a Michael Bay movie.

All I see here is someone bellyaching that there's not enough fighting and the acquisition process takes too long. I seriously can't comprehend that someone who got the content for free as a subscriber is complaining that they gave you something to do. Get tired of working on the quest chain? There are so many other activities you can do to take a break and resume it later. Instead, you came here to whine? I have no sympathy for you, nor does anyone else.

The hunt for the droid parts should be made skippable for the rest of your Legacy once you've unlocked HK-51 for one of your characters.

It IS skippable. You do the quest once and when you've unlocked it for one of your characters, you can simply purchase it on every other character in your Legacy with cartel coins.

That's what I did, anyway. Did the quest once, got it on my other toons through CC's.

-Difficult/tedious:

- WoW Paladin charger mount BEFORE you could buy it

-Onyxia attunment

-Full tier II Judgement set (5 months straight, running Black Wing Lair every week...)

and lets not forget...

-Scarab lord title

All the aforementioned things took weeks/months to complete.

-Silly easy/quick:

-HK-51 questline (3-4 hours if your unfocused).

See? It's all about perspective. :D:D:D

If I can do it all solo on a pyrotech mercenary with just FP armor, anybody should be able to do it with any other class at level 50 with no problem.

If the worst class in the game can solo anything, and you can't.... then it has to be a skill issue.

ALL solo? Can I see a pic of your solo of HM Revan? Doing that with a Black Hole geared merc would be a challenge.