So much for not charging subs for Makeb

Lucyfer_Infinity

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's because we don't know much about Makeb.

Is it just a linear planet like one of the 17 or so other's we've played on? There are no class stories so companions will continue to be silent and the conclusion of each class story will be put aside for the time being. How long will it take to complete the planetary quest chain for each faction?

It's simple Makeb cost $10, which is at best a mini expansion. MoP cost $19.99 on amazon, which is a real/full expansion. Now which would you buy based on cost vs content?

I don`t how much it cost on sale, blizzard exp packs cost 40 $, so it is obvious that there is far less content in Makeb. Sure i don`t think that what they advertised is enough, and expect that it contains something more, but it is already at the 60% mark for the required content.

Edited by Spoletta

the nerve ! The gall ! The moxy ! Why for $10 i could buy 1/6 of a tank of gas! I could almost get lunch! I could rent a movie! I could add $60 to that $10 bucks and buy any other new video game! And bioware expects me, me to spend $10 on something that im only going to enjoy for several months?!?

*shakes fist at bioware*

how dare you sirs......how dare you -.-

hahhahahhaha sooooo funny

The Nerve ! The Gall ! The Moxy ! Why for $10 I could buy 1/6 of a tank of gas! I could almost get lunch! I could rent a movie! I could add $60 to that $10 bucks and buy any other new video game! And Bioware expects me, ME to spend $10 on something that im only going to enjoy for Several Months?!?

*Shakes fist at bioware*

How dare you sirs......how dare you -.-

There are two issues:

1. Some reckon it's not really an expansion, and that the promised content is more patch-sized.

2. More importantly, it's an expansion that has been made by pulling together and scrapping patch content, so that you basically just have to pay to get your game improvements and patch content that would otherwise been released in maybe 2-3 patch chunks. It also means that the upcoming patches themselves will be minimal.

And you're going to pay for it. Have fun.

But to be truthful. Its not about the money.

I understand what you mean. The point is that with Blizzard at least when you buy MoP it is an expansion, where calling Makeb an expansion is an exaggeration. Makeb was originally called a large content upgrade and is now being called an expansion as a way convince us to buy it. I'm not buying that for a minute. Too many broken promises. We have no player transfers off our stupid destination servers. We have no same gender romances. We have no ilum fix, which should have been free of charge and seems like they will want to charge for it with Makeb. They still haven't fixed skin color affecting the color of gear bug. Crafting profession have become more useless now. I can go on and on, but I some how doubt it Makeb will fix all these problems.

Edited by Knockerz

It's simple Makeb cost $10, which is at best a mini expansion. MoP cost $19.99 on amazon, which is a real/full expansion. Now which would you buy based on cost vs content?

MOP at launch cost $40, four times the price of Makeb. You'd pay $40 for 4 planets and 20 levels, right? SO why is this a problem?

Well 1st of all there was no content update after EC fpr months because F2P was prepared. Then we got TFB and AHG and that is basically it. The game consists of 90 % story lvling content. We have 4 raids now and 5 Wzs now. After one year. 2 raids and 2 wzs have been added thoughout a year and notihhng during F2P preparation. Now they jump straight forward and want to charge everybody again after they did close to nothing after launch. And that is one bad act.

The Nerve ! The Gall ! The Moxy ! Why for $10 I could buy 1/6 of a tank of gas! I could almost get lunch! I could rent a movie! I could add $60 to that $10 bucks and buy any other new video game! And Bioware expects me, ME to spend $10 on something that im only going to enjoy for Several Months?!?

*Shakes fist at bioware*

Exactly. It really is ridiculous.

*Shakes fist at bioware*

I know. How dare we ask them to be consistent in their promises. The nerve...

I understand what you mean. The point is that with Blizzard at least when you buy MoP it is an expansion, where calling Makeb an expansion is an exaggeration. Makeb was originally called a large content upgrade and is now being called an expansion as a way convince us to buy it. I'm not buying that for a minute. Too many broken promises. We have no player transfers off our stupid destination servers. We have no same gender romances. We have no ilum fix, which should have been free of charge and seems like they will want to charge for it with Makeb. They still haven't fixed skin color affecting the color of gear bug. Crafting profession have become more useless now. I can go on and on, but I some how doubt it Makeb will fix all these problems.

So we do agree. :D

There are two issues:

Some reckon it's not really an expansion, and that the promised content is more patch-sized.

Some may reckon that, but without knowing the final details...they're guessing at best. Personally for 10 dollars, I think the level cap and new planet are more than worth the price of a McDonalds lunch. Even if nothing else was included I'd say thats a fair price.

However, the ad page for the expansion clearly says more to come as well.

"•Experience 5 new levels, including story-driven missions, as the level cap increases to 55!

•Face-off against a frightening new enemy when you battle the nefarious Hutt Cartel.

•The fate of the new planet Makeb is at stake... and in your hands.

•Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features!"

More info soon. More features other than what is listed.

Listening to people "reckoning" who couldn't possibly know the extent of the additional content isn't really worthwhile.

Edited by RichT

I agree. I just can't think of Makeb as an expansion, even a small one.

MOP at launch cost $40, four times the price of Makeb. You'd pay $40 for 4 planets and 20 levels, right? SO why is this a problem?

I don't think you get it it's not how much it cost when it first launch, but how much you can buy per dollar vs content right now. MoP comes with 5 new zones and an increase level cap of 5, which is the same as Makeb. You get two new battlegrounds/warzones. You also get a new raid zones and dungeons, operations and flashpoints respectively. Thus, why on earth would I buy Makeb when I can just buy MoP for only $10 more. From a pure content vs cost it's better to get MoP if you already have all the previous expansions.

Edited by Knockerz

Are most players really poor or something? I went out for a meal last night - treated my gf. I spent £80 ($140).

Let this one meal put things in to perspective. We pay a few quid a month for dozens of hours of fun - not unreasonable in my book.

Give it a rest guys. Makeb costs the same as a double whopper with cheese

Whats wrong with gamers today. They have all turned into children.

They take any announcement and claim it doctrine or written in stone. A 6 month old statement and it's still being brought up as if it held any weight and thats not taking into account it was recanted 2 months later. It's kinda like children when you say, "Hold on a second and I'll get you a cookie!" and they yell, "ONE - GIVE ME MY COOKIE!" Everything taken literally, latching onto any information and think it can never change.

I've said it before, it's no wonder game companies are so hesitant to tell gamers anything during development. Look at the past 2 days of threads and you can see why. I get now why blizzard says some of the things they do when talking about upcoming information.

You can read the forums over and over and how gamers are saying it's not about the money, yet the majority still post about that 6 month old statement from 2 different people and tied them together in the hopes they would get something for free. Meaning, it was about the money all along.

Gamers today seem to have reverted back to some form of early childhood.

I don't think you get it it's not how much it cost when it first launch, but how much you can buy per dollar vs content right now. MoP comes with 5 new zones and an increase level cap of 5, which is the same as Makeb. You get two new battlegrounds. You also get a new raid zones and dungeons. Thus, why on earth would I buy Makeb with I can just buy MoP for only $10 more. From a pure content vs cost it's better to get MoP if you already have all the previous expansions.

You also paid $15 a month for nearly 10 months with no new content in waiting on MOP. We seem to be doing a little better than that in SWTOR. (for now)

It's also pretty easy to figure out that with levels raised by 5. There has to be new FP's and operations to run. I'm sure we'll get a nightmare mode TFB in there but there will have to be more content for end game to accommodate level 55. Of course given the announcement, we know little now but more to come as the months roll by.

Edited by Quraswren

I know, I understand that too, it's a matter of principle and I like that. And I agree that it's a **edit** thing to do, I just found it telling of some people (not you).

My major concern here is if they are willing to sell a very large content update, and people buy it. Whats to prevent them from selling a WZ or Op/Fp for say 4.99. Hell five dollars is cheap right? The slope is getting very slippery very quickly.

Edited by Taorus

Are most players really poor or something? I went out for a meal last night - treated my gf. I spent £80 ($140).

Let this one meal put things in to perspective. We pay a few quid a month for dozens of hours of fun - not unreasonable in my book.

Makeb at best seems to be a content patch, not an expansion - that is the issue most people have as BW said they wont charge for content patches. They seem to be calling Makeb an expansion just to get money from us, granted its not a lot but content patches are free, so you see the issue.

We are in a dark age for consumers. Many people just accept what large corporations throw at them and flame those who stand up for their rights and shout back. These companies would be nothing without their customers, their customers pay their wages and have more power over these people than they realise.

people really need to stop just accepting and putting up with stuff and make EA and BW work for their money. Makeb seems lazy, and people are right to make a lot of noise about it.

Maybe the people who defend BW/EA should give it a rest. If you and everyone else stood up to these guys the end result would be so much better for everyone as BW/EA would realise we arent mindless drones who just accept anything they throw at us.

I understand not everyone is like this but there appears to be an awful lot who are.

Yes I am poor. Technically I cant even afford the $15 a month as it is but Id go insane without this game as a stress reliever.

I dont go to fast food chains and I dont go out. I dont buy alcohol nor smoke or buy expensive stuff.

/thread