My Repair Bill is 40k

Fipps

Having to repair your gear when you die is what is known as a Death Penalty. It would be a pretty lame game if you could just go rush in and die all the time without having to worry. Repair bills are what makes you have to learn how to play your class and actually think before rushing into mobs on how you're going to handle them.

As stated before, repair before your gear breaks or stop doing what you're doing that makes you die so often.

Having to repair your gear when you die is what is known as a Death Penalty. It would be a pretty lame game if you could just go rush in and die all the time without having to worry. Repair bills are what makes you have to learn how to play your class and actually think before rushing into mobs on how you're going to handle them.

As stated before, repair before your gear breaks or stop doing what you're doing that makes you die so often.

Agreed, and... $LICING!

seriously? I never have less than about 75k credits, and I'm only 29. Repair bills suck, but they're meant to. What are you spending your money on?

You're doing quests right now.

At 50, presumably, you'll do less quests and things other than grinding dailies for income.

In an ideal world, your "other" activities should pay for the repair bills so at least you zero out.

Currently, you do not. At 50 in beta, if you wanted to run some hardmodes that you were undergeared for (all of them, except for BT) you had to prepare for some wipes. After two hardmodes (Battle, BP) I was down 120k in repair bills. No biggy for me because I have no life and I can grind that money back up in a few hours, but for normal people, its about 12 dailies worth of cash, at least, and all that to pay for about 20 deaths, which may or may not happen quickly, depending on how hard you're pushing your group to its limits.

You're doing quests right now.

At 50, presumably, you'll do less quests and things other than grinding dailies for income.

In an ideal world, your "other" activities should pay for the repair bills so at least you zero out.

Currently, you do not. At 50 in beta, if you wanted to run some hardmodes that you were undergeared for (all of them, except for BT) you had to prepare for some wipes. After two hardmodes (Battle, BP) I was down 120k in repair bills. No biggy for me because I have no life and I can grind that money back up in a few hours, but for normal people, its about 12 dailies worth of cash, at least, and all that to pay for about 20 deaths, which may or may not happen quickly, depending on how hard you're pushing your group to its limits.

This sounds promising. 20 deaths for 12 dailies sound about right IMO. Adjusting a bit either way wouldn't bother me. I look forward to experiencing this soon. Hopefully the hardmodes are challenging for months.

just an FYI. I just hit 28, and i have repaired my gear only twice..and never because anything I had was broken.

If you continually replace gear whenever they give you new stuff and die only a reasonable amount of times, then you wont have to repair at all until you start getting long lasting gear at 50.

Still...overpriced repair bills are a game breaker. They need to fix this quickly. Its poor game design. I realize the devs aren't as good as Blizzard ..but this is just obvious. You are freezing characters ...which literally kills the game INSTANTLY.

This sounds promising. 20 deaths for 12 dailies sound about right IMO. Adjusting a bit either way wouldn't bother me. I look forward to experiencing this soon. Hopefully the hardmodes are challenging for months.

I dont really want to poop on your parade, but just a heads up, hardmodes are not at all different from normal modes (e.g. no new abilities, boss damage is adjusted for level 50, but no other changes), however enrage timers are lowered to a point where your dps checks must be -very- tight.

This is one of the few games where the stress of facerolling is on dps, not on tanks or healers, at level 50. In other words, take BT for instance, on the last boss, if you don't bunch up so she doesn't jump around (or alternatively, if you bring all ranged dps), you won't be able to kill her before she enrages, and so on. Not sure if thats the challenge you were looking for ;)

It sounds like money is easy with slicing, but if you're trying to use any other crew skills instead, you go broke. Really balanced.

I think I need to look into Slicing now. I blew all my cash on starting up Artifice/Archeology. What a mistake.

sure, it definitely makes sense that you need to take a crew skill to pay your repairs. ya, thats great design

If you dont have credit sinks, like repairs or crafting the economy goes down the drain.

It´s difficult to balance the playerbase´s available funds, even more so in a new mmo. Examples of this are the current "PVP" and "space" dailies and the absrud credit/xp they dole out. Most of the player base that takes their time with quests and pvp/space combat will have no trouble having a healthy credit balance once they reach 50... on the other hand...

Most sensible players only level up crafting skills once they reach 50, because crafted gear is often inferior to drops or rewards as you level up... So until you reach 50, its essential to build up your credit reserves (by missions skills and quests) to later reinvest in the economy by 1. Buying mats off the GTN 2. Selling crafted items off the GTN.

Were you sincerely expecting everyone to be rich at all points in the game? Why have items and services cost credits then if those credits were not marginally hard to come by? Why have an economy at all?

Edited by SySnootles

I just looked. I have 250k at 36 and hadn't even noticed. I've purchased every ability and recipe that goes up to my level and my next inventory upgrade is 200k.

*** are you doing?

I was able to afford all of my mounts skills/crew skills leveling up. After buying all of my skills at 50 (including epic mount) I had 200k left over.

But I like how you assume to know what it's like at 50!

I was able to afford all of my mounts skills/crew skills leveling up. After buying all of my skills at 50 (including epic mount) I had 200k left over.

But I like how you assume to know what it's like at 50!

Quick question, do you need to buy lvl 40 speeder training to get the lvl 50 training later on or can you skip it?