New Shinarika Shadow / Assassin PvP Video.

Xinika

Yeah the main reason as to why I have no other 50's is due to how many builds this class has to offer. I use to switch it up all the time and with free respecs with the field respec its been a lot of fun.

Bolded the part that matters most. The point is that this class is so creative that it's just plain fun, but it's far from broken or overpowered in the slightest.

Seemingly, that would be a staple ideal for the rest of classes to aim for. Imo, Shadows / Assassins are by far one of the most unique and intriguing classes I have encountered in gaming.

That, on BW's part, was very well done.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinarika, you are having such an easy time facerolling with your shadow, abusing the crap out of every possible build combo, effortlessly getting a lot of kills, yet for some reasons you want warriors nerfed. Well frankly speaking, after looking at those videos, i am not sure who they really have to nerf, them, or your precious shadow.

And all these hybrid builds, Jesus Christ. Smuglers, Agents cannot even dream about having so many versatile builds. This is my gripe with the entire consular/inquisitor class, too many goodies too low in the skill tree for both AC.

I don't understant how someone can call snipers OP, when such abominations as assassins exist. Everytime someone will whine about my class, i will link them your videos.

^ this.

And all these hybrid builds, Jesus Christ. Smuglers, Agents...

For some reason, I seriously lost it here and giggled at work for about 6 minutes straight. Got weird looks. Anyway, if you think I am 'effortlessly' steamrolling on my Shadow, you couldn't be further from the truth. The class is like a mental workout. There is a large gap between skill from Shadow to Shadow.

If you think I am blowing air, then please - try the class for yourself.

To all the people complaining, seriously? Assassins/Shadows are not OP. Do you know how much work it takes to play the class well? On JC, only a few really understand how the classed work. Shin just did it before everybody else did. She experimented with specs, optimized, and sought out new strategies. Quite frankly, I think its ridiculous to have to play this well, to get these results. There are very few people that are in a class of their own. Shin is one of those people. In her brief absence, I watched her videos, and her set up. I do the same thing on JC with my assassin, and people know that they struggle dealing with what I bring to the table. I hate to say it, I really do, Shin is like Batman, and I'm like Bane. At first, I may be able to take her down, but at the end, it ends up the same way. One day the villain will win:rak_03:

Also to add, glad to have you back Shin. I look forward to another duel on Ilum. You know who this is :cool:

To all the people complaining, seriously? Assassins/Shadows are not OP. Do you know how much work it takes to play the class well? On JC, only a few really understand how the classed work. Shin just did it before everybody else did. She experimented with specs, optimized, and sought out new strategies. Quite frankly, I think its ridiculous to have to play this well, to get these results. There are very few people that are in a class of their own. Shin is one of those people. In her brief absence, I watched her videos, and her set up. I do the same thing on JC with my assassin, and people know that they struggle dealing with what I bring to the table. I hate to say it, I really do, Shin is like Batman, and I'm like Bane. At first, I may be able to take her down, but at the end, it ends up the same way. One day the villain will win:rak_03:

Also to add, glad to have you back Shin. I look forward to another duel on Ilum. You know who this is :cool:

It does feel as if one is playing a piano doesn't it? I am attracted to such mind stimulation in mediums so this is perhaps why I did indeed choose the right class. Now that I think about it - what other class is currently tick-tack-toeing their keys to form success in their playstyle the way a skilled Shadow / Assassin does?

Also

"Bane: Ah, yes... I was wondering what would break first...

Bane: Your spirit, or your body? ":p

It does feel as if one is playing a piano doesn't it? I am attracted to such mind stimulation in mediums so this is perhaps why I did indeed choose the right class. Now that I think about it - what other class is currently tick-tack-toeing their keys to form success in their playstyle the way a skilled Shadow / Assassin does?

Also

"Bane: Ah, yes... I was wondering what would break first...

Bane: Your spirit, or your body? ":p

Amazing seeing what a highly skilled player can do.

I'm interested in playing a shadow in PvP but I am not to your level at all (though I'd like to be!) What would be a good spec to start with?

Nicely executed. It will take quite awhile for me to adjust to new build.

Currently, I run 31/0/10 which is an old tank build as I often do PvE content. I'm interested in 27/0/14 build which is closely similar to what I currently have. Do you have any pointers to 27/0/14 build (in regard to 31/0/10 build if applicable)?

Nicely executed. It will take quite awhile for me to adjust to new build.

Currently, I run 31/0/10 which is an old tank build as I often do PvE content. I'm interested in 27/0/14 build which is closely similar to what I currently have. Do you have any pointers to 27/0/14 build (in regard to 31/0/10 build if applicable)?

27/0/14 plays pretty much like 31/0/10, with the exception of Slow Time being replaced by FiB.

Amazing seeing what a highly skilled player can do.

I'm interested in playing a shadow in PvP but I am not to your level at all (though I'd like to be!) What would be a good spec to start with?

I'd recommend starting with 31/0/10 or the 23/1/17 Hybrid. Head over to the Shadow / Assassin forums or view my guides/ tutorial videos for more information regarding builds and their playstyle.

Nice vids as always. They show the potential of the class when the stars align. Sadly, at least on my server, PVP is quite different from what I see in these videos. 3-4 derpsmasher juggs jump me most of the time while being buffed with bubble stuns from sorcs. I will not even get into RWZ where all these 1 v 2, 1v3, will never happen if you play against a solid team.

Keep it up :p

Edited by Leafy_Bug

I tried out the 17/1/23 build and I have to say it was pretty interesting. I think I liked it but won't be using it in regular rotation. I tend to PUG a /lot/, and without the extra armor from either the Infil or Balance trees, I was just too squishy, I felt like I basically exploded in fights. If I had a dedicated healer or guard that I knew I could trust to be good then I could see face-rolling in this spec, but I think for my regular day to day I'll be sticking to one of the other hybrids.

I did like it though, DS and procc-'d Shadow Strikes hit HARD and it's a very mobile playspec, I'll have to try it with a good team or at least a pocket guard sometime.

I tried out the 17/1/23 build and I have to say it was pretty interesting. I think I liked it but won't be using it in regular rotation. I tend to PUG a /lot/, and without the extra armor from either the Infil or Balance trees, I was just too squishy, I felt like I basically exploded in fights. If I had a dedicated healer or guard that I knew I could trust to be good then I could see face-rolling in this spec, but I think for my regular day to day I'll be sticking to one of the other hybrids.

I did like it though, DS and procc-'d Shadow Strikes hit HARD and it's a very mobile playspec, I'll have to try it with a good team or at least a pocket guard sometime.

That's the strong point of the spec is the mobility and low ramp up time. It can sustain its damage output easily and move about the map quite freely.

Shin when fully buffed, what is your crit at?

30% in hybrid specs. Can swap it up for around 34-37% in crit-needy specs or lower it to 25% for KC power hungry specs.

Edited by Xinika

Thank you for your response.

I have a question about gear setup.

For 27/0/14 build, do I just stack surge rating because I can hit project with 100% critical rate with particle acceleration? I start grinding PvP because WH is now easier to get. (Before the patch, I gave up grinding and only did PvE so this is a huge change for me)

Thank you so much.

^ Don't go out of your way to stack surge, instead most of your bonus damage potential will come from power. Also do not underestimate your primary stat willpower which you want to have at minimum 1600 before you start to see diminishing returns. Just take the surge that comes standard with the gear.

Thank you for your response.

I have a question about gear setup.

For 27/0/14 build, do I just stack surge rating because I can hit project with 100% critical rate with particle acceleration? I start grinding PvP because WH is now easier to get. (Before the patch, I gave up grinding and only did PvE so this is a huge change for me)

Thank you so much.

75% Surge

20-25% crit (buffed)

Rest Power.