On the Molecular Stabilizer Market

Satedbuffalo

Time will tell. Easy money attracts takers and there is always a lag between the price drop and the rush to obtain the mat.

I am not in the position, but think that if I were I would start dumping my stabilizers before the price drops. Of course, like a run on a bank, the anticipation of the drop and dumping could cause a downward spiral in price. I think smart money would be in sell now because if the pricing does not fall one could always convert the money back into stabilizers with the only loss being the gtn fees.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty the only way this could have been avoided is by introducing a new tier of crafting materials with dread guard and elite war hero. For those that didn't know, you could always get these mats from REing war hero gear, it just took significantly longer because they required rated warzone comms before. Smart PvPers were still getting stabs pre 1.6 by REing the mods and whatnot that didn't fit in with how they itemized their gear.

If they had introduced a new tier of crafting mats their would have been no change in the market as the highest tear gear would still require mats that came from operations that dropped the highest tear gear, or from REing elite war hero gear which takes just as long to grind as the old war hero gear.

Edited by nellosmomishot

Im a biochem 100 valor min/maxed pvper for a little extra $$ i just buy warhero implants and RE them for the stabz and sell them for 200k each bioware finally makes pvping good money.

Sounds good, PvPers don't get decent credits, any item drops, any materials, any social points, or legacy XP.

Now at least we can get some money.

Just wanted to point out that Stabs on PoT5 were 180k-225k before 1.6 and are now 125k-175k. Yeah, it's a hit, but not quite as drastic as Nakiri made it out to be.

To be fair, they did drop to what I previously posted. They've come back up as of this morning. I know because I dropped 5 mil on the GTN buying them up at 100-130k a pop. They are currently only selling for 150k.

Edited by Beef_Cake

still waiting for this "drop" to come to covenant since they are still 200k+

Get a handfull around 175k but have to sit on fleet advertising in chat channel that im looking to buy .

So its still status quo from befor 1.6 till now.

Lets look at this on the other side.

For my guild, I and one other guy craft stimms for the whole guild. Where as we do good at making aug kits and aungments for people, we are a bit lacking in mod and armouring crafters. Such a thing is fine when the stimms are more needed for the guilds raiding groups than other items. We have aragements with alliance guild to shore up our crafting deficiancies. I sometimes make stimms and medpacks for them.

This commeradery should happen more in the crafting community. The whole idea of greed has really sunk into the crafting market. I don't think some of the mods should post for the unreasonable prices. So molecular stabilizers are the new bio crystal, so what. The fact that more BiS the mod is the more stab's it takes. So either we have market saturation or market amnemia for the mats.

I see it as a good thing because it has put a crackdown on some unsuitable pricing practices. Sure you can get the stabilizers really easy now, how is that a bad thing? The Devs have been going for more general gear equality. Which I halfway agree with the free tionese and the easy to obtain columi. The reduced cost WH is a good way to increase the pvp'ing and avalability of decent gear for casual players. The golden carrot is the ability to have the extra molecular stabilizers from RE'ing extra WH. I think it is a good thing that these mats are comming down in price. It is making the aution houses have fair market prices. The saturation of this item has made BiS mods less exhorting. Mind the reader I am all for maiking a fair profit on sold goods, just not raking people for credits.

Sadly there will be a "new molecular stablizer or bio crystal" in the future and the cycle will continue. We (the crafting community) need to better our reputation of beeing credit farmers on noobs. This cheaper mats will not destroy the market. To some crafters they might have had to choose to either to sell it or use it to help guild members. This way both plans are more feasable.

still waiting for this "drop" to come to covenant since they are still 200k+

Get a handfull around 175k but have to sit on fleet advertising in chat channel that im looking to buy .

So its still status quo from befor 1.6 till now.

lol, yeah, still waiting for stabs' prices to drop on red eclipse. still at 200k.

There was a momentary drop down to ~120k on Begeren Colony. They're back up to 200k+

the reason you guys dont see a price drop is because someone is buying them all and re listing them

the reason PoT5 see the price drop is there are honestly so many ******* on the sever that undercut its assign and im not talking a few credits, you see 3 "revens mask" for example on the gtn for 3.5 mill the some dummy comes and puts the next up for 2.5 next 1.25 next thing you know pretty much get it for nothing... come on now... augments are by far the worst sometimes idiots drive the markets down to 40k... aka your loosing money

i lvled and artificer to 400 the other day and you wouldnt believe how many 99 stacks of crafting mats i found for under 10k not to mention a few under 100 credits... honestly think it cost them more to post it

Edited by wetslampigduex

augments are by far the worst sometimes idiots drive the markets down to 40k... aka your loosing money

After taking notes of over 500 grade 6 sliced tech missions, I know 1 augmentor costs averagely 4k (could be less if I used only companions with crit to slicing, cba though). One augment takes 4 of them so it's 16k in mats. If you sell it at 40k, it's like what , 150% profit ? yeah, sounds like losing money allright. Maybe those "idiots", as you call them, get their own mats cheap instead of buying them at inflated prices off the GTN. Just a thought.

the reason you guys dont see a price drop is because someone is buying them all and re listing them

the reason PoT5 see the price drop is there are honestly so many ******* on the sever that undercut its assign and im not talking a few credits, you see 3 "revens mask" for example on the gtn for 3.5 mill the some dummy comes and puts the next up for 2.5 next 1.25 next thing you know pretty much get it for nothing... come on now... augments are by far the worst sometimes idiots drive the markets down to 40k... aka your loosing money

i lvled and artificer to 400 the other day and you wouldnt believe how many 99 stacks of crafting mats i found for under 10k not to mention a few under 100 credits... honestly think it cost them more to post it

Yeah, I'm sure its like that on other servers as well. We have a few people advertising on PoT5 now. Crafting this and that for your mats, no tips/fee and if we crit you can have the crit for half the mats.

What a joke, I had a buddy buy like 15 mods from a few people, and yeah you guessed it, none of these crafters ever crit....lol It's a total cut throat server it truly is. Its a shame people can't just set a reasonable price and everyone go with it. Then everyone can make money.

But you have to blame the severely lame design of the GTN for all this cut throat business though. If people couldn't see the price of what others are selling their items for, and made it just show the item and let me bid on things, it would be an entirely different market.

Seriously, 40K on an augment is losing money? lol .. anyway I have toons on different servers and I have to agree that the greed on Pot5 is staggering. I enjoy the GTN mini-game and I undercut all the time, it's great fun be it augments, slot kits, stims, spaceship parts etc. And to those of you that fail to show initiative and undercut me by 1 credit (omg are you really that greedy?) you are my targets. I'll happily list another batch significantly lower than you over and over again (I have lots, lol). Good times ...

Seriously, 40K on an augment is losing money? lol .. anyway I have toons on different servers and I have to agree that the greed on Pot5 is staggering. I enjoy the GTN mini-game and I undercut all the time, it's great fun be it augments, slot kits, stims, spaceship parts etc. And to those of you that fail to show initiative and undercut me by 1 credit (omg are you really that greedy?) you are my targets. I'll happily list another batch significantly lower than you over and over again (I have lots, lol). Good times ...

Lol, i like this guy ^

I think i'm going to start crafting and do just this ^

Bet'ya can't undercut more than i can! HA!

Hrm... Do I smell this right? You made a killing off it, then saw the market drop as people caught on? So you have probably hoarded all of your stabs and hope BW nerfs the **** out of it so prices climb again? Cool move!

The meta-game is strong with this one.

I just wanted to comment on topic. Moleculars will be main key in near future with new updates. It seems Bioware plan is to use even more mats including moleculars for lvl 28 mods and up. Hint is already there looking datamine sites.

It is kinda shame that one particular material is needed on everything in future but in very high quantities aswell 10+

So it doesnt matter if people can craft them via RE and sell, molecular amount will be so high that it kinda kills the purpose to use them for minor upgrade like 61 to 63 or 63 to 65 except mainhand and offhand.

I just wanted to comment on topic. Moleculars will be main key in near future with new updates. It seems Bioware plan is to use even more mats including moleculars for lvl 28 mods and up. Hint is already there looking datamine sites.

It is kinda shame that one particular material is needed on everything in future but in very high quantities aswell 10+

So it doesnt matter if people can craft them via RE and sell, molecular amount will be so high that it kinda kills the purpose to use them for minor upgrade like 61 to 63 or 63 to 65 except mainhand and offhand.

How do you feel that the expansion to level 55 will play out in your described context?

Logic (an admitted weak tool when appied to EA) would dictate gear progression as part of the leveling process that ends at a point at least equal to current BIS. Otherwise many players (non raiders) would play the content once and then leave. There would be no reason to go through it again on alts. If that is the case, the crafted gear that requires the stabilizers would have little value unless they were required for level 55 crafting as well. as the current best 50 gear at present.