From what I've been seeing/hearing on fleet

Belacose

The vast majority of players on fleet seem to be quite happy with the new toys and the drops seem to be much more generous with the new packs than the old packs. Saw all sorts of different speeders, pets and armors.

Packs are being opened quite frequently and the people in general seem to be quite festive.

Guess I was wrong... There seems to be a big difference in player's morale in game as opposed to the majority who post here. I even flat out asked in general several times how people felt about the latest update and the results were overwhelming positive. They also kept stating how much they love the game and talked about how great they think it will become over time.

Sorry if I burst anyone's doom and gloom bubble concerning player base morale. Just an observation from one person's perspective on fleet. Please don't shoot the messenger.

carry on

Edited by Belacose

The vast majority of players on fleet seem to be quite happy with the new toys and the drops seem to be much more generous with the new packs than the old packs. Saw all sorts of different speeders, pets and armors.

Packs are being opened quite frequently and the people in general seem to be quite festive.

Guess I was wrong... There seems to be a big difference in player's morale in game as opposed to the majority who post here. I even flat out asked in general several times how people felt about the latest update and the results were overwhelming positive. They also kept stating how much they love the game and talked about how great they think it will become over time.

Sorry if I burst anyone's doom and gloom bubble concerning player base morale. Just an observation from one person's perspective on fleet. Please don't shoot the messenger.

carry on

what server are you on gen chat on the fleet is full of people complaining right now

There are 10,000 players currently playing a hypothetical game. 9,000 of them are happy. It looks like the majority is happy, but that's because you didn't ask the 9000 unhappy players who already quit. when you include them it turns out there are actually 10,000 unhappy players, but only 9000 happy ones.

The forum is negatively biased because happy people are too busy playing the game to post here. The in-game population is positively biased because the ones who aren't happy are either on the forum or already quit. The only way to learn what the majority really thinks is to ask in a neutral location that has nothing to do with SWTOR.

There are 10,000 players currently playing a hypothetical game. 9,000 of them are happy. It looks like the majority is happy, but that's because you didn't ask the 9000 unhappy players who already quit. when you include them it turns out there are actually 10,000 unhappy players, but only 9000 happy ones.

The forum is negatively biased because happy people are too busy playing the game to post here. The in-game population is positively biased because the ones who aren't happy are either on the forum or already quit. The only way to learn what the majority really thinks is to ask in a neutral location that has nothing to do with SWTOR.

We must be playing a different game.

Interesting, and where did you come up with that figure oh great and powerful Oz?

He completely made it up. The last Star Wars themed MMO had about 65% of their player active on the forums, providing feedback. Since forums have only grown in popularity since then, I'd be shocked if SWTOR's participation were any lower.

carry on

lol, lie more

Interesting, and where did you come up with that figure oh great and powerful Oz?

Yeah, clearly us forum posters represent at least 75% of the player base!

/sarcasmoff

Less people speak out than you think. It's kind of like how, when on the street in real life, noone will stop a mugging, because "someone else" will help them, so it's OK. I don't need to speak out. This doesn't apply seamlessly to this situation, sure, but that's only because I'm posting in Gen. Discussion, and all analogies are inherently flawed here.

Edited by AboB

While there are some problems with the patch, (pay 2 win ship parts, broke unify color, some cartel items are perma-binding, life day robe unify color doesn't work well with head slot, some of the life day pricing seems exorbitant) I think overall the patch was good for the game. (new warzone - even if it is somewhat confusing, adding revan's mask, phantom helmet finally giving us a headpiece with that model that works with unify colors, great new mount, neat new mini-pets, great new lightsaber, more palatable lightsaber color crystal, finally a ship droid customization)

You may be right, but I was only reporting on what I, myself experienced, on fleet.

I honestly went in thinking that there was going to be all sorts of outrage because honestly that's how I felt too. Will admit that I was a bit shocked to discover that I was dead wrong. I asked questions and tried not to influence the answers.

It was like a cyber New Year's Eve party onboard.

I'm just trying to be unbiased here.

Edited by Belacose

There are 10,000 players currently playing a hypothetical game. 9,000 of them are happy. It looks like the majority is happy, but that's because you didn't ask the 9000 unhappy players who already quit. when you include them it turns out there are actually 10,000 unhappy players, but only 9000 happy ones..

I am thoroughly confused.

Yeah the patch is awesome unless your a PVP'r or would like to buy coins to experience these new toys but can't due to Biowares ****** systems locking you out because you bought a lot on launch of CC.

lolwut?

This patch introduced a new PVP Warzone, made it easier to grind PVP gear and brought new PVP gear. I know it's not Open World PVP, but give them some credit... this IS a patch for PVPers. How could they not be at least a little excited for a new Warzone?

Edited by TheNahash

Except the 9000 out of the 10000 unhappy players (the ones who have already unsubscribed and quit in your hypothesis), do not get to have a say in how the game moves forward.

They are no longer paying and/or playing the game, therefore their opinion should not matter, because out of those 9000 players the vast majority will never be happy with what this game has to offer and want to transform it into a totally different game. They are the people who will never be happy with the outcome because it will never be "perfect" for them and it will spoil the game for the rest of the people who actually still pay and/or play the game

There is an old saying: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

I guess I am a fool for paying a subscription for a substandard product.

I gave them near a years worth of my cash. A drop in the bucket overall and I am disappointed with the results but, I learned a lesson: Never play a MMORPG backed by EA.

So no SWTOR, WAR, AoC, AO, TSW ...

any others go on that list?

Edited by Urael

Except the 9000 out of the 10000 unhappy players (the ones who have already unsubscribed and quit in your hypothesis), do not get to have a say in how the game moves forward.

They are no longer paying and/or playing the game, therefore their opinion should not matter, because out of those 9000 players the vast majority will never be happy with what this game has to offer and want to transform it into a totally different game. They are the people who will never be happy with the outcome because it will never be "perfect" for them and it will spoil the game for the rest of the people who actually still pay and/or play the game

Yeah they shouldn't get a say because stopping people from quitting is a terrible idea amirite?

Edit: Strawman portion of the argument underlined for irrelevance.

Edited by Jawa-Punter

There is an old saying: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

I guess I am a fool for paying a subscription for a substandard product.

I gave them near a years worth of my cash. A drop in the bucket overall and I am disappointed with the results but, I learned a lesson: Never play a MMORPG backed by EA.

So no SWTOR, WAR, AoC, AO, TSW ...

any others go on that list?

Glad to see someone else say it :)

EA is the death of games

What about all the people who've quit (and probably never will come back) and haven't said a word?

Just saying, most don't say anything whether they like it or not.

I bet there are even more that like the game and don't say a thing, and even more than that who have returned. See? I can speak for imagined statistical populations, too! :rolleyes:

Yeah they shouldn't get a say because stopping people from quitting is a terrible idea amirite?

Nope.

But trying to make people who hated the game, come back to a game they will NEVER like for various reasons (because it's not as "cool" as pew-pew CoD anymore, because it's not set up like GW2 or TSW or Aion or...or..., because they just don't like it etc.) as opposed to making sure your subscribers (you know...the people who are actually paying you) are having fun, then yeah... that's a terrible idea.