life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all are being ridiculous.

This wasn't just "cats and cows". This was a patch that included a new warzone and new tier of PvP gear.

We also recently got 3-4 hours of content in the HK line. Before that we got a new operation and new tier of PvE content.

I mean seriously-- just because there is a lawnmower with Christmas lights on the cartel shop doesn't mean that's *all* there is.

Don't expect reason or logic to apply here, this is just one of the forms of SWTOR endgame:

- Flashpoints

- Operations

- Space

- PvP

- Forum ranting & trolling

While I'm a tad disappointed that there wont be any Christmas themed stuff here, it's really boggling my mind how many people are complaining over something so trivial. I guess people will really complain about anything these days, even as something as trivial as fluff Life Day packs. If you dont like it, dont buy it.... honestly, how hard is this? BW and EA put it up there in case a few people actually did like it and wanted to spend some money for them, that's it. No one forces you to buy the crap and even though the prices are a bit ridiculous I still dont think it warrents this much whinning here.

As for content... I mean, didn't we all /just/ get done doing the HK missions? I dunno about everyone else but I loved doing that. I've gotten enough stuff over the past year to keep me happy leveling up my alts and doing plenty of endgame stuff. Would more in-game events be nice? Sure. Is it ground breaking there wont be one? No. I honestly just dont get why all the complaining.

With that said, let the flaming continue...

Ofc there´s more than Cartel Market. But the thing about BEAware loosing their passion on swtor, i think many of us feel that. I´m not sure why i feel like that. Maybe it´s that we rarely ever see any official responses on forums other than support forum. The bugs that are still in swtor from launch doesn´t help.

I tried GW2 and the flow of that game is much better, i haven´t had a disconnect in GW2 yet. The GW2 world and playstyle just isn´t me. I like this WoWclone better tbh, even with all the flaws. But BEAware needs to step it up and do some engine optimisation. If this is the best they can do with this engine, they should think about finding another.

The fact is: passion needs to return to the videogames industry again. An example of the contrary is Mr. Patcher and his talk about "monetization" recently. That was disgusting and people like him should never be allowed to talk. Same matter for Riccitiello at EA.

With passion, everything is...more. I hope you can understand what i mean.

I'm sorry but we are at 1 year anniversary and i expected much more in this year than a couple of operations, two flashpoints, two warzones and a companion.

Want to know how much content WoW had 1 year in?

2 raids.

3 battlegrounds.

Minimal additional side content. Didn't even have dailies at this point.

No hard mode 5-mans. Only a handful (like 3) "end game" instances.

What have we gotten?

EV (3 modes), KP (3 modes), EC (3 modes), TFB (2 modes)

Voidstar, Novare, Huttball, Civil War, and the new one.

Normal and Hard mode flashpoints.

We also got new space missions and a new companion side quest.

I would say we are doing just fine in the content department.

edit: I should also add that WoW released one "end game instance" (Dire Maul) halfway through the first year whereas SWTOR released 2 (Kaon/Lost Island).

Edited by Marak

2 raids.

3 battlegrounds.

That means nothing. I don't understand why people still compare TOR to WoW, even if they are similar.

What have we gotten?

EV and KP were already here at launch (KP got implemented after 1 month or less).

Huttball, Alderaan warzone and Voidstar were here at launch. Same thing as Hard mode flashpoints.

New space missions are doable if you farm months to get all the items your ship need. MONTHS.

Or just buy Pack from Cartel Market. Yes, that's the way we are heading to.

I really, really hoped that. But that's not true unfortunately.

That means nothing. I don't understand why people still compare TOR to WoW, even if they are similar.

EV and KP were already here at launch (KP got implemented after 1 month or less).

Huttball, Alderaan warzone and Voidstar were here at launch. Same thing as Hard mode flashpoints.

New space missions are doable if you farm months to get all the items your ship need. MONTHS.

Or just buy Pack from Cartel Market. Yes, that's the way we are heading to.

I really, really hoped that. But that's not true unfortunately.

It doesn't matter that it was here at launch. I'm just going by total content. If you want to go by post-launch released content it's all SWTOR.

And what else do you want to compare it to? You say its not enough content for a year in but by the industry standard we are well above average of content at a year in. Compare it to Rift. Compare it to Aion. SWTOR produces more content than anyone else has by this point in their development.

Edited by Marak

You all are being ridiculous.

This wasn't just "cats and cows". This was a patch that included a new warzone and new tier of PvP gear.

We also recently got 3-4 hours of content in the HK line. Before that we got a new operation and new tier of PvE content.

I mean seriously-- just because there is a lawnmower with Christmas lights on the cartel shop doesn't mean that's *all* there is.

All of that was meant for 1.4, but they spread it out so new/returning players would think that they were pushing out more content each patch. Also, 3-4 hours isn't very much for a companion, I spend more time doing a couple quest chains on Voss, and I know because I make frequent use of my QT.

All of that was meant for 1.4, but they spread it out so new/returning players would think that they were pushing out more content each patch. Also, 3-4 hours isn't very much for a companion, I spend more time doing a couple quest chains on Voss, and I know because I make frequent use of my QT.

This argument again..

Would you have preferred they take their time and make 1.6 right or rush it out all in 1 bigger patch? Damned if they do and damned if they don't. The content is still released and available. That's better than not released and not available.

Yeh, so, what? That's what the community wants. A grind before finishing things, and it to be difficult. Besides that, even purchasing the cartel items isn't going to make it all that much easier, the average player will still take many, many tries to finish it.

To some, that level of insanity is what raiding ought to become again as well. So not sure how you feel about that matter, but if you prefer doable raids you may just as well start praying BioWare stops listening to the community ;). Before you know it you'll be facing instant wipes.

PvP is already facing changes, expertise flying out of the window and all. This is definitely going to toughen things up for those who currently only had their success in PvP as they had the luxury of grinding commendations for many hours in order to obtain OP gear.

It doesn't matter that it was here at launch. I'm just going by total content. If you want to go by post-launch released content it's all SWTOR.

No, if you talk about a year of development you should look at what they released AFTER launch, not the whole thing.

And what else do you want to compare it to? You say its not enough content for a year in but by the industry standard we are well above average of content at launch. Compare it to Rift. Compare it to Aion. SWTOR produces more content than anyone else has by this point in their development.

I think one game is more than enough to prove that SWTOR has released far less content than expected.

RIFT.

YEAR 2011:

Patch 1.0- Planes of Telara

Release Date: February 24, 2011[34]

Level Cap: 50

This was the "launch" version of the game, featuring the world of Telara and six different types of rifts (earth, fire, water, air, life, and death) that randomly spawn monsters to challenge the players. At launch, Telara held eleven zones, ten dungeons, and two cities.[35] The game contained one raid, Greenscale's Blight,[36] and four warfronts.[37] Starting at approximately level 20, players could access an extensive quest line (known as the Saga of the Endless) that would guide them through content during the leveling process, through expert dungeons, expert rifts, and raid rifts at level 50, and finally to the Greenscale's Blight 20-player raid.

Patch 1.1- River of Souls

Release Date: March 30, 2011[39]

This update held a world event that emphasized death rifts and added a new 20-player raid The River of Souls, in-game video can now be recorded as well as posted directly to YouTube, and added daily quests for T1 and T2 expert dungeons.

Patch 1.2- Spoils of War

Release Date: May 10, 2011[41]

This update emphasized earth and fire rifts. It also introduced crafting rifts, same server lfg tool, a 5th role, slivers, a new 10-player raid Gilded Prophecy, wardrobe slots, and "Riftconnect".

Patch 1.3- Waves of Madness

Release Date: June 22, 2011[43][44]

This update emphasized water and death rifts and introduced a new 20-player raid, Hammerknell.[43] Hammerknell was the first Tier 2 raid which featured more challenging bosses than all previous raid content and required a higher gear level to be successful. The game also introduced guild banks and synergy crystals; a new type of item that provides a customized bonus to raid-level gear, added free character and free guild transfers.

Patch 1.4- Legacy of the Fallen

Release Date: August 3, 2011

This update emphasized life and water rifts. This update introduced PvP rifts, alternate warfront, cross-shard LFG tool, a new epic quest line, and a new 10-player Tier 1 raid, Drowned Halls

Patch 1.5- Ashes of History

Release Date: September 28, 2011 (US), Sept/Oct 2011 (EU)

Features new content such as Chronicles which are entry level dungeons made for 1 to 2 players and advance the story. Veteran rewards that reward players for the amount of time they have been playing RIFT and it includes the new Planar Attunement which allows level 50 players to advance their roles further and choose what Plane they will specialize in.

Patch 1.6- From the Embers

Release Date: November 16, 2011

Features new zone called Ember Isle, two new tier 2 raid rifts, a new 10-player Tier 2 raid Rise of the Phoenix, a new 5 player dungeon Caduceus Rise which featured two different versions, a new alternate warfront, and the unlocking of the 2nd tier planar attunement.

2012:

Patch 1.7- Carnival of the Ascended

Release Date: February 2, 2012

Features overhaul of tiered dungeons, raids and PvP in terms of reward (gear) progression, a new chronicle for two players, a new "master mode" dungeon, in-game wedding support.

Patch 1.8 - Infernal Dawn

Release Date: April 18, 2012

Introduces a new 20-player raid Infernal Dawn and a new world event that focuses on the alliance of the planes of earth and fire. Infernal Dawn is the first Tier 3 raid which features a further progression and gear requirement beyond Tier 1 and Tier 2 raids. Also includes two new secondary crafting skills: Survival and Fishing. Leaderboards and a new "Looking for Guild" tool are also included with the patch. A new gear slot called a Seal was added, which can be crafted by players with specific skills.

Patch 1.9 - Conquest

Release Date: June 27, 2012

Features new PvP mode "Conquest" allowing for three sided battles in an alternate version of Stillmoor. Also introduces a new sliver "Primeval Feast" in which players will face Fae Lord Twyl. A new yearly world event "Summerfest", stylists for character customisation, the ability to manually lower your level via mentoring and Instant Adventures for several lower level zones are also included with this patch. The ability to XP lock was also removed in order to address complaints of PvP Warfront "twinking".

Patch 1.10 - Calm Before the Storm

Release Date: September 12, 2012

Includes Instant Adventure for Scarwood Reach and a new yearly World Event "Autumn Harvest". Members of opposite factions will also be able to group together on PvE servers. Trion also added an in-game store called Deeps' Depot where players can change their player name or guild name, preorder Storm Legion, or purchase time cards. And also made some big changes to NPCs and attractions.

Patch 1.11 - Tempest Rising

Release Date: October 17, 2012

Includes system changes and class updates for the Storm Legion expansion, a new dungeon "Exodus of the Storm Queen" which will be made available to accounts that have pre-purchased the expansion on October 30th. Will also include a new world event focused on the coming invasion from the plane of air.

Expansion: Storm Legion

Release Date: November 13, 2012

Do i have to continue with Everquest? or LotRO?

Or......

If players simply stopped buying Cartel packs, Bioware would be forced to deliver content worth paying for. The power to end the "Cartel Shop Madness" is in our hands, Bioware is simply a company trying to capitalize on a product. Demand is what is driving the market.

2 raids.

3 battlegrounds.

What have we gotten?

edit: I should also add that WoW released one "end game instance" (Dire Maul) halfway through the first year whereas SWTOR released 2 (Kaon/Lost Island).

At this point you need to compare swtor to wow now and not when it released. Those days are long over.

Before 1.5/F2P kicked in, they said that subscribers will have access to all.

Now subscribers already pay their 13€, but in addition to have "all" they have to add 20€ per major patch.

And dont come here to say that what they add is cosmetic... the ship upgrades are almost mendatory to be comfortable for playing the new ship missions!

They are building a Pay to Win game, slowly but surely (and not so slowly after all)

Its not just in MMOs, its in single player games to now, NBA 2k13 you can buy skill points instead of playing the game lol, in the new Football manager you can buy a bigger stadion for real money etc. etc.

Sad direction for gaming.

Meh, everyone is trying to make the easy $ these days. They PLAYERS are who support these cash grabs...don't blame the companies for trying to make money...developing games isn't free.

Before 1.5/F2P kicked in, they said that subscribers will have access to all.

Now subscribers already pay their 13€, but in addition to have "all" they have to add 20€ per major patch.

And dont come here to say that what they add is cosmetic... the ship upgrades are almost mendatory to be comfortable for playing the new ship missions!

They are building a Pay to Win game, slowly but surely (and not so slowly after all)

I bought every parts except 2 on the GTN for under 2 millions, so no its not mandatory to buy it on the cartel market, they are BoE / craftable and probably REabble (not sure why you would RE them if you can buy the Schematics tho.. lol).

I bought every parts except 2 on the GTN for under 2 millions, so no its not mandatory to buy it on the cartel market, they are BoE / craftable and probably REabble (not sure why you would RE them if you can buy the Schematics tho.. lol).

Do you know how much 2 millions of credits are for the majority of people?

No, if you talk about a year of development you should look at what they released AFTER launch, not the whole thing.

I think one game is more than enough to prove that SWTOR has released far less content than expected.

RIFT.

<Cut>

Why the after distinction? The first year *includes* launch. You are saying that if a game is launched with 5000 hours of content but releases 10 hours of content after that for the first year that it is penalized compared to a game that releases 50 hours of content at release and 20 hours of content throughout the first year. Until there is a level cap increase, rendering the release content outdated, then it all counts. And KP was not available at launch-- sorry. It came a month after launch.

And you are including things in Rift Year 2 like that is somehow comparable. SWTOR isn't in Year 2 yet.

And sure-- do EQ. EQ had very minimal content within the first year and honestly I wouldn't compare SWTOR to EQ even if it made SWTOR look good. That was an entirely different generation and style of MMOs. Most people hadn't even hit 50 yet within the first year in that game because leveling simply took forever.

Edited by Marak

RIFT.

You don't have to continue with anything, except for perhaps explaining why you're here if the grass is so much greener on the other side.

Sure in terms of quantity RIFT, EQ and LOTRO released a lot. However, to me the quality of that content has been inferior. As such, I'm not playing those games nor am I spending my days on their forums ranting on as to how crappy their updates are.

Meanwhile I'm perfectly enjoying my time in SWTOR, am happy with the quantity of updates and am satisfied with the quality of the updates.

Way too many people are too busy trying to turn every single MMO flavor of the month they hop onto into their direction, rather than just playing a game, seeing if it fits them and if not, move on. It's not all that hard. Just learn to realize that you're not going to enjoy every single MMO out there on the market. Find one which suits you, and stick to it.

At this point you need to compare swtor to wow now and not when it released. Those days are long over.

This is irrational. You can't compare gross content to gross content between a 1 year old game and an 8-9 year old game. If you want to pick out a more recent expansion to compare to fine. Compare SWTOR to MoP and you will see a similar amount of content within their time frames.

Edited by Marak