life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

All you had to do was send a in game email to everyone playing with some free xmasy items attached.

The message in this email could have read.

We would like to thank you for your continued support of SWTOR over the last year

building a better game and community is important to us and as a sign of our thanks

please enjoy the attached fireworks / tinsel sparkle emote / small xmas pet.

All the xmas related cartel items in the shop have done is take the xmas spirit of giving

and introduced a event where people have to pay for their own xmas gifts.

25 low level fireworks just isn't making me feel excited

I have supported this game with two accounts but this event really is mean

Edited by R-Tee-Doo-Tee

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you had to do was send a in game email to everyone playing with some free xmasy items attached.

The message in this email could have read.

We would like to thank you for your continued support of SWTOR over the last year

building a better game and community is important to us and as a sign of our thanks

please enjoy the attached fireworks / tinsel sparkle emote / small xmas pet.

All the xmas related cartel items in the shop have done is take the xmas spirit of giving

and introduced a event where people have to pay for their own xmas gifts

I have supported this game with two accounts but this event really is mean

What event?

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

Edited by Taorus

The point is, and its been made quite a few times in this thread, the current way of EA handling the Cartel Market and its treatment of their subscribers is unjust.

I was very positive about the Cartel Market, I liked the idea that it had some cool stuff in there and that if you didnt want to spend money you didnt have to. I was also quite sure that subscribers like myself wouldnt feel any negative feedback, that the CM and the rest of the game would be 2 separate entities. But now EAware has proven that that's not the case and they made the leap and made the Cartel Market a part of the game.

The question is, where will this lead next? Will new end game gear be on the Cartel Market as well and will you raid for Cartel Coins? Will subscribers have to shell out extra money for the new races? What about new Warzones and Ops, will they still be free for subscribers or will that $15 a month just give us a permanent exp boost and 500-600 coins each month.

Its a dangerous precedent, and I dont like it

Hmm... but the Cartel Store is part of the game. With the new model I don't think that there is any way in avoiding that. I guess the difference is that I don't believe that end game gear for players will be in the store.

I am currently taking a little break from the Ops but I have done Denova HM. The teamwork and fun that goes into getting that kind of gear is pretty important, those items or things with their stats should never be in the Cartel Store. And I don't think that it will. As far as new War Zones goes, we got one last night outside the Cartel Store, I do not believe that they would charge subscribers for Operations and War Zones. I would complain if they did, but last night we got a new War Zone so I am not worried about it. New species, they have already said that they will continue with more new species if the Cathar sells well so I am assuming that it will go to the store as well as being available through legacy. If it won't be available through legacy, like how I bought my Chiss for 1,5 million credits then I will be disappointed. But I will not be sad if you can buy it for cartel coins as well as through the legacy. A new species is a big investment, they are trying to see if enough people are interested in, is it enough bang for the buck.

Edited by SilentKitty

What event?

yes i seem to have called the xmas cartel items a event by mistake. I wasnt even trolling.

I was thinking of previous MMO's festive add on's that i have played / took part in and just typed it i guess.

My point still stands im a little disappointed people need to pay for a decent xmas gift off bioware

just a small set of free decent token gifts sent to all players would have showed people that Bioware

are not all about the money. Especially in the season of good will.

Edited by R-Tee-Doo-Tee

Hmm... perhaps you wanted more than fireworks.

But that wasn't all that we got last night. We did get the new War Zone for those who PvP, I don't but yay for those who do. We got the new difficult Space Missions, I don't do space very often but yay for those who do. We also got 99 tionese coms that I used to gear up a few comps that have been lagging.

Perhaps all of us didn't get precisely what we wanted. But we did get a few things last night :)

What are you complaining about? You've been given plenty of opportunity to give to Bioware. Everyone gives, we're all happy.

would it have hurt bioware and EA to keep some really nice festive items in the shop but for the playerbase to receive something more than a reusable firework emote 25 times. Im thinking a "decent" xmas gift in your in game email. I understand the cartel market needs to make money and help profits which in turn helps pay for development but it just seems exploiting xmas to ramp up profits seems a cheap trick. I love this game but xmas needs to feel not so dollar related

Edited by R-Tee-Doo-Tee

would it have hurt bioware and EA to keep some really nice festive items in the shop but for the playerbase to receive something more than a reusable firework emote 25 times. Im thinking a "decent" xmas gift in your in game email. I understand the cartel market needs to make money and help profits which in turn helps pay for development but it just seems exploiting xmas to ramp up profits seems a cheap trick. I love this game but xmas needs to feel not so dollar related

Umm.

Hmm... but the Cartel Store is part of the game. With the new model I don't think that there is any way in avoiding that. I guess the difference is that I don't believe that end game gear for players will be in the store.

I am currently taking a little break from the Ops but I have done Denova HM. The teamwork and fun that goes into getting that kind of gear is pretty important, those items or things with their stats should never be in the Cartel Store. And I don't think that it will. As far as new War Zones goes, we got one last night outside the Cartel Store, I do not believe that they would charge subscribers for Operations and War Zones. I would complain if they did, but last night we got a new War Zone so I am not worried about it. New species, they have already said that they will continue with more new species if the Cathar sells well so I am assuming that it will go to the store as well as being available through legacy. If it won't be available through legacy, like how I bought my Chiss for 1,5 million credits then I will be disappointed. But I will not be sad if you can buy it for cartel coins as well as through the legacy. A new species is a big investment, they are trying to see if enough people are interested in, is it enough bang for the buck.

Yes its part of the game but until yesterday's patch you could avoid it if you were a sub. Now its harder to avoid it and it interferes with your game experience. Thats more what I meant :)

Maybe BioWare will make 2 sets of end game available. Stupid ones like Black Hole where you spend weeks on min-maxing and are available in-game and perfect ones that you can buy straight from the CM.

And yes last night we got a new Warzone but Im talking about this patch setting a precedent for the future.

The thing is that until yesterday I was sure that BioWare still had control over this game, but now Im sure that EA has full control over this game and makes all the decisions. We all know that EA is a cashcow milker and wont look around twice to turn every penny three times and nickle and dime as much as possible from its customers (see every sports game) and Im not surprised if they made the choice to put Warzones and Ops onto the CM without it being free for subscribers. I really honestly would not put it past them. If they make these choices it will of course ruin the game and wil turn into a "I have more money than you so I get to play more content than you even though we're both subscribers".

EA keeps forgetting that they dont have the loyal subjects like WoW has. People dont feel guilty towards themselves for quitting this game even if they have 12 lvl 50's.

If Cathar is a Cartel Market exclusive than that will be the end for me personally, I will continue on F2P to finish all the class quests and then be done with it. It kinda sucks because Id be leaving my guildmembers etc but nothing is worth that blatant show of power.

Bioware. I see no celebration.

You get a lousy fireworks emote and some utterly stupid "life day" Christmas tree light clothes/items. Tell me, why is it that Guild Wars has done Halloween and Christmas EVENTS....yes EVENTS...every single year with all kinds of things, yet all you can think of is fireworks and ugly pointless garbage you have to use cartel coins for, that frankly, aren't worth buying or having. Ever. Is this seriously the best you could come up with?

No, this isn't "whining". I pay for this game, yet I got better event's/celebrations from a FTP game like Guild Wars for YEARS. Yes, that game was FTP....and yours charges. Do you see the problem here? I do.

Epic fail Bioware. Epic fail.

The point is, and its been made quite a few times in this thread, the current way of EA handling the Cartel Market and its treatment of their subscribers is unjust.

I was very positive about the Cartel Market, I liked the idea that it had some cool stuff in there and that if you didnt want to spend money you didnt have to. I was also quite sure that subscribers like myself wouldnt feel any negative feedback, that the CM and the rest of the game would be 2 separate entities. But now EAware has proven that that's not the case and they made the leap and made the Cartel Market a part of the game.

The question is, where will this lead next? Will new end game gear be on the Cartel Market as well and will you raid for Cartel Coins? Will subscribers have to shell out extra money for the new races? What about new Warzones and Ops, will they still be free for subscribers or will that $15 a month just give us a permanent exp boost and 500-600 coins each month.

Its a dangerous precedent, and I dont like it

The Cashshop isn't inherently evil, like the force its all about how it is use.

The problem is that already the Cashshop is being used as badly as pretty much the WORST FEAR of people pre-F2P contented.

That's fairly scary when you consider it's only 2 months old.

It's hitting subscribers twice effectively, once in the subscription and then again for effectively anything else as the cartel coin stipend is so low compared to the cartel prices.

Bioware. I see no celebration.

You get a lousy fireworks emote and some utterly stupid "life day" Christmas tree light clothes/items. Tell me, why is it that Guild Wars has done Halloween and Christmas EVENTS....yes EVENTS...every single year with all kinds of things, yet all you can think of is fireworks and ugly pointless garbage you have to use cartel coins for, that frankly, aren't worth buying or having. Ever. Is this seriously the best you could come up with?

No, this isn't "whining". I pay for this game, yet I got better event's/celebrations from a FTP game like Guild Wars for YEARS. Yes, that game was FTP....and yours charges. Do you see the problem here? I do.

Epic fail Bioware. Epic fail.

You do know that they have...on many occasions said there were not gonna be any...any holiday events.

So why the hell even call it an 'event' then? that is misleading.

The didn't. and put out a statement that it isn't an event

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

You do know that the Empire and Life Day are not real? They are simply idea's in a fictional universe?

What is real? :eek:

Are ideas real?

Many of the truths you cling to are base on ideas that have no basis in reality. :csw_yoda:

Either way Bioware managed what the Empire could not. :w_mad:

The didn't. and put out a statement that it isn't an event

Well all that statment actually says the don't have an in-game event planned. :confused:

Not that the limited time offer of Life Day items on the Cashshop isn't an "event", it is surely a Cashshop event.

I guess I will have to take "your word" that they did.

You can take your own, and Bioware EAs - there is no in-game Life Day Event. :)

Edited by Goretzu

The Cashshop isn't inherently evil, like the force its all about how it is use.

The problem is that already the Cashshop is being used as badly as pretty much the WORST FEAR of people pre-F2P contented.

That's fairly scary when you consider it's only 2 months old.

It's hitting subscribers twice effectively, once in the subscription and then again for effectively anything else as the cartel coin stipend is so low compared to the cartel prices.

The Cartel Market is kinda like Anakin. First everything is all cute and dandy, then he starts messing up a bit but ya know, no harm no foul. Then next thing you know he's killing younglings and Force Choking the missus before ending up half burned. Then he will try to rule the galaxy under the evil Emperor. The question is, is there a Luke to save him from the Dark Side or will we have an alternate universe version where Luke dies or worse, joins the Dark Side

You have a link?

I don't know if you are being obtuse on purpose but link for what? something you can find with a click of fingers on official forums,website and third party websites where EA/BW is talking about life day event? or you are saying they never used the term event in regards with life day? :rolleyes:

Edited by Gorrdan