life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yikes. For once, I agree with an angry OP.

It's all well and good to discount things, or even, in my mind, to offer something with a "low introductory offer." But for a holiday event, to say it's discounted is flat-out dishonest. Unless Life-Day is going to be a year-round event, or will go up in price tomorrow.

These "sale" things are going to need to start being a bit more clear about what the terms of the sale actually are.

Edit: I *assume* that the discount is meant to imply that if you bought each item in the pack separately, it'd cost more--but it is not precisely all that clear.

Edited by Journeyer

You have to do the Ascendancy Barrier daily 25 times to get ONE level 7 item. It's pretty telling that they put the level 7 stuff on the cartel market straight away. It's clear they don't want you to really go out and grind for all those parts. Space missions should be a fun minigame you do while you wait for your group finder to proc or you do in between planets, not a crushing grind.

As a subscriber, I'm supposed to have full access to space missions. This is a pay gate.

Again this is what people feared with the Cashshop, EA has seen how well P2W sells (in the short term at least) before with Warhammer Online. :(

It's so massively NOT all good its not even funny. Nobody likes to grind and grind but don't u think you should be able to earn space stuff? rather than use your credit card and beat all the missions by tonight?

How does it affect you? is there some sort of space mission pvp I don't' know about. Is there some super secret score out there that makes you space mission king? Not like it's hard to gear up your space ship, it's rather easy actually. Don't even need the best stuff to beat the toughest missions.

Logged in today to see the "life day" junk for sale on the auction house but what made me smile is the fact that the big pack thing was discounted by 35%. Given that its never been on sale before I dont think many localities allow you to advertise items as "discounted" when they have never been on sale for the "real" price before.

I think in the UK an item needs to have been on sale for the original price for 28 days before you can advertise any discounts.

However the servers aren't located in the UK nor are Bioware or EA.

Does it not equate to a 35% saving over buying the items individually ?

I can't really understand how they thought they would get away with it.

It's not just the cash grab itself, its the sheer price of the times (2400CC per character - or 4 months worth of subscription coins per character).

If it was a 1/4 of that they'd probably had sold the same amount in total, but not honked off vast numbers of thier subscriber base. :mad:

The unfortunate thing is they will get away with it. At least enough to justify continuing it. Many people ARE going to buy the stuff even if just to sell on the GTN.

The only thing any one of us can do that feel strongly about this situation is simply not buy the stuff.

How does it affect you? is there some sort of space mission pvp I don't' know about. Is there some super secret score out there that makes you space mission king? Not like it's hard to gear up your space ship, it's rather easy actually. Don't even need the best stuff to beat the toughest missions.

Because when P2W occurs everything is then balanced TO P2W.

That is the non-P2W grinds get bigger because they WANT people to P2W because it makes them more cash.

A lot of people, of course, don't understand this until it's far too late. :(

I will be voting with my wallet:

If I like what I see, then I will buy it. If I don't, then I won't.

You see, I exercise something called Free Choice. I have worked hard the last 30 odd years of my life to be able to earn money and do with it what I please, and as such use it in a way that pleases me. I'm sorry that many people feel ripped off by the move to F2P, but quite frankly, your feelings don't matter much to me.

You don't pay for my house. You don't put food on my table. You don't put gas in my car. You don't pay for my daughter's education.

You don't come over to my house and:

Entertain Me

Clean the floors

Mow the lawn

Feed the dog and cats

Vaccuum the floor

Wash the dishes

Change the lightbulbs

Wash the clothes

etc. etc. etc.

Therefore, I will do what I will with the money I have earned, and if I feel something does entertain me enough to make it worth parting with my hard-earned dollar, then I most certainly will. I did it back in '83 when I bought Wizardry, and I did it over the last 7 years when I bought Guild Wars 1 and all campaigns and threw money at the store there when it was implemented. SWTOR has been a wonderful form of entertainment for me up to this point in 2012, and continues to be so every day. Therefore, if I think something is worth the entertainment and escape from the Real World, then I most certainly will continue to spend money on the things that fulfill that need - I don't care whether it is a product of the Evilbad EA or the Almighty ArenaNet or the Highly Exaulted CCP. If it fills what I am looking for, I am more than happy to pay what I think it's worth.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

The core complaint isn't that this is P2W in a PVP sense, the complaint is that they designed the new space mission content with ridiculous space fleet comm requirements to force people into buying their new space gear from the cash shop. This is pay-to-avoid-grind. Edited by notalkjustrock

Wait . . . what?

Sorry, buddy, I own my own RPG publishing company with distribution in 9 countries. Money is not the issue, the path EA has taken with their cash shop heading into P2W territory is. They want it both ways, subscription + P2W, and at this point they lose my subscription and get nothing out of me for the Cartel Market.

It has zero to do with cost, and everything to do with principle.

I wonder if you will really stop subbing or will you be like the others who we see 3-6 months from now still talking about canceling their sub. ;)

I agree, and it is also really silly looking.

That is a shift I am seeing. A move to Party Jawas and speeders festooned with what look like christmas lights from a suburban home. I expect to see a charactor named Clark from the Griswald legacy riding by me. Not the Star Wars experience I have been enjoying so far.

I hadn't thought of that one. The one that occurred to me was Tim the Toolman Taylor. ;)

Because when P2W occurs everything is then balanced TO P2W.

That is the non-P2W grinds get bigger because they WANT people to P2W because it makes them more cash.

A lot of people, of course, don't understand this until it's far too late. :(

Yeah it's called reality. Guess what, corporations exist to make money, not make you feel good about yourself, unless there is money in it.

Did the op really compare space ship parts to dread guard gear and call it pay to win? Didn't know I was competing with others while doing space missions.

Yes I did ... WHY ??

Here is why:

Space missions gives out fleet commendations, means you will end up doing space mission that we currently have with your eyes shut. Your gear will be overpowered. While getting fleet commendations you are also getting black hole commendation. While you are getting both black hole commendations and fleet commendations you can then purchase gear + fleet loot boxes.

If you then reverse engineer gear that you get from blackhole comms, you will end up with mol. stabilizers, on my server mol. stabilizers sell for around 150-170k a pop. By spending your fleet commendations on boxes you will end up with even more mol. stabilizers.... 2+2 = 1 mod or enhancement that is level 27... So basically people will be able to gear up even faster without actually doing end game content like it's suppose to be done.

PAY 2 WIN, you pay for something so that you can do something to get advantage of something so that you can compete with someone = formula for PAY 2 WIN.

I don't care about cartel coins tbh, i spend more on my lunch everyday then what does cartel coins cost so money is not an issue here. It's more a way how it's being done, and if we players allow our game producers to get away with this... then it means they will keep adding stuff like this into the game and in the end make it really PAY 2 WIN...

Before you know it you will be spending money on getting that uber duber lightsaber.

Wait...2400 coins for a life day pack?!? LOLOLOL this is a bigger fail than I realized.

Indeed.

I agree, and it is also really silly looking.

That is a shift I am seeing. A move to Party Jawas and speeders festooned with what look like christmas lights from a suburban home. I expect to see a charactor named Clark from the Griswald legacy riding by me. Not the Star Wars experience I have been enjoying so far.

Yeah when you consider the deal they have made of the look and intergity of other parts of the game it make it even harder to swallow.

The unfortunate thing is they will get away with it. At least enough to justify continuing it. Many people ARE going to buy the stuff even if just to sell on the GTN.

The only thing any one of us can do that feel strongly about this situation is simply not buy the stuff.

I'm thinking they are "drunk" on the intial F2P splurge, but I don't think they realise that people don't get stung repeatedly, each time they try it fewer and fewer will fall for it and worse that more and more will simply leave the game altogether because of it. :(

You see, I exercise something called Free Choice. I have worked hard the last 30 odd years of my life to be able to earn money and do with it what I please, and as such use it in a way that pleases me. I'm sorry that many people feel ripped off by the move to F2P, but quite frankly, your feelings don't matter much to me.

You don't pay for my house. You don't put food on my table. You don't put gas in my car. You don't pay for my daughter's education.

Entertain Me

Clean the floors

Mow the lawn

Feed the dog and cats

Vaccuum the floor

Wash the dishes

Change the lightbulbs

Wash the clothes

etc. etc. etc.

Therefore, I will do what I will with the money I have earned, and if I feel something does entertain me enough to make it worth parting with my hard-earned dollar, then I most certainly will. I did it back in '83 when I bought Wizardry, and I did it over the last 7 years when I bought Guild Wars 1 and all campaigns and threw money at the store there when it was implemented. SWTOR has been a wonderful form of entertainment for me up to this point in 2012, and continues to be so every day. Therefore, if I think something is worth the entertainment and escape from the Real World, then I most certainly will continue to spend money on the things that fulfill that need - I don't care whether it is a product of the Evilbad EA or the Almighty ArenaNet or the Highly Exaulted CCP. If it fills what I am looking for, I am more than happy to pay what I think it's worth.

BJ

Fairplay, as i say tho there should still be some life day event ingame if there is stuff in the market even if u get different stuff to the market.

More than 2,000,000 people have done just that since it went Live. :(

The game would be so much better if they had stayed.

Not really. More players doesn't necessarily make a better game.

This obsession with size that WoW wrought is terrible. Smaller games that play to their niche would make everyone happier. Most of those folks who left realized that this game wasn't for them, or more likely they had played as much of the game as they wanted. Would that some of you would realize that the game just isn't to your tastes and go away.

I certainly wouldn't begrudge that, but like I said, it's not the new pack I'm slightly annoyed over. It's the life day, presumably-once-a-year items they've added.

A "heads up, we're going to be adding this stuff so maybe don't just blow your monthly coins on item packs for the sake of it" when f2p hit wouldn't have hurt.

But it would have been vastly counter-productive to "moneterising F2P" as their new departments brief is to do. :(

Entertain Me

Clean the floors

Mow the lawn

Feed the dog and cats

Vaccuum the floor

Wash the dishes

Change the lightbulbs

Wash the clothes

etc. etc. etc.

BJ

Awesome statement is Awesome.

I would buy you a beer if i could right now.

Not really. More players doesn't necessarily make a better game.

This obsession with size that WoW wrought is terrible. Smaller games that play to their niche would make everyone happier. Most of those folks who left realized that this game wasn't for them, or more likely they had played as much of the game as they wanted. Would that some of you would realize that the game just isn't to your tastes and go away.

Hmm... we didn't get a event today. But we did get a new War Zone. It is not as if we didn't get anything new in SWTOR today. War zones is not something for me personally, but I have several guildies who really look forward to it. Happy PvP-day perhaps :p

Its running on skeleton crew that just have manpower to design cartel pack and stick it in cartel shop and implement content that was done looooooooong ago, of course, no QA so crap ton of bugs go through.

just wondering

How many Employees did they have at Launch?

How many Employees were fired?

How many employees are needed to be a skeleton crew?

You obviously know the answer to these questions other wise you would just be making stuff up

Yeah it's called reality. Guess what, corporations exist to make money, not make you feel good about yourself, unless there is money in it.

but the lie of capitalism is that the profit motive will give the consumer the best available product. that's why we're all playing quality MMO's and talking on our indestructible cellphones which always have reliable service. Also, coca cola definitely doesn't erode your stomach lining... :w_tongue:

but the lie of capitalism is that the profit motive will give the consumer the best available product. that's why we're all playing quality MMO's and talking on our indestructible cellphones which always have reliable service. Also, coca cola definitely doesn't erode your stomach lining... :w_tongue:

Alex Jones..

Is that you ??