life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

I couldnt care less about Space as it is right now.

If it was actual Columi, Rakata, Campaign, BH, Dread Guard. I would care... A LOT

Why - if it's still available to be gained in-game, then it's not pay to win. In fact, it's just the opposite - someone who would buy that gear in the store instead of grind for it would have less game time and experience than the player who put the time in, thus, all else being equal, the player who put the time in would be more skilled than the buyer and thus still defeat the buyer handily.

A lot of players throw around the P2W card without having the faintest idea of what P2W really means. If you want an example, Google ZT Online. That is what Pay to Win is. As long as the Cash Shop does not offer one piece of gear with stats better than anything that can be gotten by playing the game, then no matter what gear it is, it is not P2W.

but the lie of capitalism is that the profit motive will give the consumer the best available product. that's why we're all playing quality MMO's and talking on our indestructible cellphones which always have reliable service. Also, coca cola definitely doesn't erode your stomach lining... :w_tongue:

Only in so far as it involves competition between similar products. Capitalism in and of itself does not inherently guarantee quality.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairplay, as i say tho there should still be some life day event ingame if there is stuff in the market even if u get different stuff to the market.
I love this word *should* every self entitled individual keeps throwing around, like they single handedly funded and developed this game. THIS SHOULD BE THAT. THIS SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED. THIS SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED. THIS SHOULD WORK LIKE I WANT. Should should should. Well, apparently someone other than you, who has more influence in these decisions concluded otherwise. And probably for better reasons than yours.

And again, as I and many others have said, over and over again, people keep claiming there's no event.

1. We were never promised an event. Why *should* there be one?

2. We still don't know if there will be an event. Previous events were never acknowledged far ahead of time. Why *should* this holiday season be any different? And do you have some magic crystal ball I'm unaware of that allows you to state factually there's not going to be this event there *should* be?

But it would have been vastly counter-productive to "moneterising F2P" as their new departments brief is to do. :(

Hmm... but how would you like to present new items in a good way? I am really curious about the best way to do it.

Edited by SilentKitty

Yeah it's called reality. Guess what, corporations exist to make money, not make you feel good about yourself, unless there is money in it.

No it's called P2W.

Corporations may exist to "make money", that doesn't mean the can or should be allowed to do anything that want to do so.

This is why we have laws and trading standards, after all. :)

Now this isn't illegal or any such thing, but is it very detrimental to the paying subscriber, as they are getting less and less "game" for their money and more and more grind.

This is P2W and this is very bad for the player and customer.

And games exist to be fun and make you feel good about yourself. So EA should care.

True and you have a very clear decision to make, pay or don't pay. But to be mad that a company is trying to make a profit, that is not just a reason to be angry, because they all do that. If you want to say it could jack up the economy, that is legit. But it's not P2W you're not really winning anything because you can't use your ship to attack other players.

yes i was a 8 year + sub to City of Heroes and when they added the store, some items were store only and some were avail by "missions". The F2P model either full F2P or Hybrid is to create microtransactions, little things that would cost a small amount,and get you to spend real money for. The "limited" time is a marketing nudge to get you to buy quickly. Daily deals from amazon is example.The other thing is to have items that will not allow a char to be overpowerful .I spend 30 dollars and I create Omar the Unstoppable,able to solo WB with ease.

I wonder if you will really stop subbing or will you be like the others who we see 3-6 months from now still talking about canceling their sub. ;)

Well, I already stopped subbing once for about 5 months, and came back in October to give it another chance.

So, rest assured, I will do so again. This time, however, whether or not I ever give it a 3rd try will depend on EA and the cash shop. Magic 8-Ball says: Unlikely.

Which is a shame. It isn't SWTOR that I dislike, but EA.

True and you have a very clear decision to make, pay or don't pay. But to be mad that a company is trying to make a profit, that is not just a reason to be angry, because they all do that. If you want to say it could jack up the economy, that is legit. But it's not P2W you're not really winning anything because you can't use your ship to attack other players.

It's fair to be mad that profit is valued more than quality, but that's not EA's fault. That's getting into much deeper, more insidious things at work.

I have to admit that I have been very supportive to Bioware as a subscriber and I want to believe in this game. I am however frustrated that to participate in this 'event' that I have to spend Cartel Coins or lots of credits for items. I am thinking that it may be true that EA is forcing them to milk people for cash at every opportunity. For Life Day, a celebration of giving and community, they force people to purchase things.

I am VERY disappointed and I question my six month subscription. It is almost like they want things to die. I so want to believe in Bioware and the team but they are making horrible choices. I don't think I would mind if there were extra little things that you could do during the event to get a special little pet or even maybe some of these items in a quest. It is just poor design to not give people choices or options.

I hate to say this and I have been loathing having to do so but shame on you Bioware for doing this during LIfe Day, what would Art Carney and Bea Arthur say?

Not really. More players doesn't necessarily make a better game.

This obsession with size that WoW wrought is terrible. Smaller games that play to their niche would make everyone happier. Most of those folks who left realized that this game wasn't for them, or more likely they had played as much of the game as they wanted. Would that some of you would realize that the game just isn't to your tastes and go away.

More players also = more dev money and more content normally aswell tho

Fool and his money are parted really fast.

I hope this statement makes you spend even MOAR in cash shop.

Sometimes i wonder if fanbois actually deserve what they are served by EA.

Aww, that is adorable. This has nothing to do with liking or not liking Bioware, and everything to do with how much disposable income I have. Sometimes I buy digital goods and services(Cartel Packs, etc), sometimes I buy other things. Bioware doesn't have to trick anyone, people are buying these things willingly. The fact that you don't like it is irrelevant. Since you decided to break out the tired old internet speak, how about U MAD BRO?

Hmm... but how would you like to present new items in a good way? I am really curious about the best way to it.

Ideally there should be a way to get them through an event through in game play (pretty much as every other MMORPG subscription or freemium does).

However if that isn't possible (and given Bioware EA development problems) this well may be the case, the need to be a LOT cheaper.

2400CC for the pack is 4 months worth of subscriber coins if you have a 6 month recurring sub (it's many more months if you have a 3 month or 1 month recurring one).

That is horribly, horribly, horribly expensive for the sort of stuff that is given free to subscribers in all most ALL other MMORPGs (what's worse is on the store the "claim" it's 35% discounted from 3750CC per pack :eek: which is shadey in itself).

600CC per character would have been at the steep end IMO.

Edited by Goretzu

People and businesses do this all the time. A lot of them pull prices out of their rear ends and then put a heavily discounted price in to try and dupe idiots into impulse buying. I honestly wonder if there is anyone out there stupid enough to fall for it.

Well, I already stopped subbing once for about 5 months, and came back in October to give it another chance.

So, rest assured, I will do so again. This time, however, whether or not I ever give it a 3rd try will depend on EA and the cash shop. Magic 8-Ball says: Unlikely.

Which is a shame. It isn't SWTOR that I dislike, but EA.

Same here, only unsubbed even longer.

Gave them a chance, gave them second chance, and i dont give third chances so when sub runs out - BB SWTOR.

Aww, that is adorable. This has nothing to do with liking or not liking Bioware, and everything to do with how much disposable income I have. Sometimes I buy digital goods and services(Cartel Packs, etc), sometimes I buy other things. Bioware doesn't have to trick anyone, people are buying these things willingly. The fact that you don't like it is irrelevant. Since you decided to break out the tired old internet speak, how about U MAD BRO?

Read what you quoted again ,again and again. Maybe eventually sits where it should rofl

Edited by GrandMike

It is the lowest form of nickle and diming I've ever seen. :mad:

The prices are high, and there's no chance of "saving up" cartel coins as they are "limited time".

It you want to know what people feared with F2P/Cashshop.... well, this is IT. :(

Milking the subs, plus the quality continues to plummet.

Time to start looking for a new game.

It is the lowest form of nickle and diming I've ever seen. :mad:

The prices are high, and there's no chance of "saving up" cartel coins as they are "limited time".

It you want to know what people feared with F2P/Cashshop.... well, this is IT. :(

Give me back swg you know people say it was dead but at least they did stuff for every holiday and gave it to us as a gift. And as for it being a wookie thing so what they could do it on other planets wookies don't only live on kashyyk

Edited by Throne-Drei

Only once Kashyyyk is made explorable, then can Life Day be properly celebrated in the game. All we can do is keep urging the devs to make Kashyyyk accessible soon.

Pretty much.

Until we have Kashyyyk it's a rather pointless even anyway and has no real tie to the rest of the game.

The cartel market items as passable and nothing more than filler junk with a cost attached. Marketing at it's best and very skippable till an actual even can be fleshed out.

Pretty much.

Until we have Kashyyyk it's a rather pointless even anyway and has no real tie to the rest of the game.

The cartel market items as passable and nothing more than filler junk with a cost attached. Marketing at it's best and very skippable till an actual even can be fleshed out.

A very, very high cost.

A calculatedly high cost to mean you cannot save up for them within the "limited time" without paying more cash as a subscriber.

P2W doesn't have to be PvP, although PvP is where is it arguable at its worst.

P2W is wherever you can avoid gameplay by paying direct money.

The reality is that with a 6 week patch schedule there isn't enough money with the small $15/month sub. The Cartel Market and it's nonsense is the only way to keep content coming.

Also 1.6 a PvP patch. They added new tiers of gear, new instances and made steps as balance. People should be happy they added anything new beyond that. It sure wasn't expected.

Enough people will buy the stuff so that we all get new content. That's not insulting, that's a business folks :p