The speed of combat in pvp now is too fast?

adiwantinova

correction: it's 25% for medium armor class + potentially a 4% from the tier2 medicine talent.

At work so can't check, but 25% sounds about right from memory, maybe a little more. Don't hold me to it. I do not use the damage taken reduction talent, DPS scrapper needs to maximise damage output (within reason).

edit: checked: 25.51% reduction from armour. Expertise level gives 19.30% damage reduction.

Assuming a wash from expertise, a light armour char with 20% armourmtigation would be taking 6,443 off something that hits me for 6000.

Edited by Wainamoinen

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read the entire thread - but if combat took longer, would that not pose problems for WZ like VC and Voidstar?

It's hard enough to cap those nodes against a good team in the short space of times between re-spawn as it is ...... Making it take longer to kill your foes could turn these WZ into stalemates, imo.

I'd say the answer to that would be to make the respawn time longer as well - but the level of QQ which would erupt if that happened would be so great it would achieve sentience and reach back through time to stop me typ

Edited by UltimateKrucible

If u have a compitent tank and good healer battles are not fast. If combat is going fast u are either playing scrubs or u are the scrubs.

Lol some voidstars have a handfull of deaths either side due to good team makeup. Neither team is able to plant a single bomb.

There's a much better solution to this that I've suggested previously. Reduce the damage that successive attackers do to a target. E.g. three smashers attack near you, first does 100% damage the second does 66% and the third 33%. TTK is reduced but single target damage is unchanged and prevents the unintended stacking of attacks and crazy spikes in damage.

Obviously the values can be changed/fine tuned. I would like to see changes phased in, small changes until the best balance is found. Healers can still be burned down, even one attacker can do that. It will make for more tactical play and less focus on more and more damage.

There's a much better solution to this that I've suggested previously. Reduce the damage that successive attackers do to a target. E.g. three smashers attack near you, first does 100% damage the second does 66% and the third 33%. TTK is reduced but single target damage is unchanged and prevents the unintended stacking of attacks and crazy spikes in damage.

Obviously the values can be changed/fine tuned. I would like to see changes phased in, small changes until the best balance is found. Healers can still be burned down, even one attacker can do that. It will make for more tactical play and less focus on more and more damage.

2 healers could keep one person being focused by an entire team alive indefinitely in this scenario.

Terrible idea. You're basically asking for a nerf to coordination and teamwork.

Possibly the worst idea I've seen on forums yet... you've never been in a rated game with proper team work, guard, healing, taunting, peeling, etc have you?

With two well coordinated teams, the match normally gets drawn out near the entire duration and almost no one dies. Reducing TTK is a horrible idea. It may sound good because you're dying quickly in regular WZ's but in actuality TTK is in a pretty good place on both sides of the spectrum. Good team work can drop players quickly or keep players alive for an entire match. Like the poster said above... you're asking to nerf team work and that's just wrong... so wrong.

Possibly the worst idea I've seen on forums yet... you've never been in a rated game with proper team work, guard, healing, taunting, peeling, etc have you?

With two well coordinated teams, the match normally gets drawn out near the entire duration and almost no one dies. Reducing TTK is a horrible idea. It may sound good because you're dying quickly in regular WZ's but in actuality TTK is in a pretty good place on both sides of the spectrum. Good team work can drop players quickly or keep players alive for an entire match. Like the poster said above... you're asking to nerf team work and that's just wrong... so wrong.

Nice argumentstion.

Not sure which version you played, but 6 seconds was the average lifespan against in an 8 v 8.

Not very epic.

pre NGE. Duels lasted over 15 mins. I had a duel which lasted 20 mins against a TKA mate ...I won, 5 secs later the server went down for restarts. That was epic.

Oh and Jedi lasted forever. Literally forever, but they deserved being op because becoming a Jedi was pure grind.

pre NGE. Duels lasted over 15 mins. I had a duel which lasted 20 mins against a TKA mate ...I won, 5 secs later the server went down for restarts. That was epic.

Oh and Jedi lasted forever. Literally forever, but they deserved being op because becoming a Jedi was pure grind.

OMG...I remember the days of fighting all over Theed lol...literally running circles around the city....fight....too many show up then run some more...fight rinse repeat.....

Seriously. PvP is not intended to be relaxing.

Those 7k smash hits are by critical chance provided by the player's gear and skills that they have earned in one way or another. They are not consistent damage, and range from 1.5k to whatever their critical chance + critical multiplier + strength + power, etc. will allow. No different than the DPS Sorc instantly taking 8k of my HP on Voidstar last night.

Really, the only people still complaining about force sweep/smash damage are the same people expecting to "relax" and 2-button faceroll in PvP with little to no effort.

Those 7k smashes auto-crit. You're right, there is a chance % tied to doing them...it however, is at 100%.

Also sorc, on its best day, against a recruit geared consular, who has armor-stack debuffs on him, while wearing hacked gear couldn't even hit you for 8k.

Edited by SOULCASTER

I

The question is: Would you be upset if BW brought all healing and damage down by 25% in WZ's in an attempt to make combat slower and more "epic"?

Isnt it easier if you are suggesting such general changes to simply up the hp of all classes ( like a bolster buff for lets say dbl hp in war zones) should have the same effect and they wont need to revamp the whole medal system that is based on current numbers ( they need to revamp it anyway but thats a diff topic)

As for smash/sweap the main problem is that its free when its charged up it costs no rage/focus so even after it ppl can use good skills. There is a key word in the singularity/shockwave skill "reduces focus" it should have been "increases" if the cost for the skill went up with the dmg it would force ppl to use it less often or to use weaker skills between the smahses/sweaps

And yes TTK in warzones needs some serious work from BW hopefully with proper changes and not with general buffs/debuffs