The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option

CourtneyWoods

I would say improve your customer service. I was told on Nov 21 my ticket # 6856706 was being escalated after an hour and a half of being on hold. I never heard back. Now, I realize this may be not be the correct place for this, but I know someone will see it.

The content will not matter if you treat customers like they do not matter.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find away to keep people from hacking during warzones and make them mor fair as in more lvl caps and different worzones for 50's per gear. That way the new 50's have a chance on finishing there weeklys in a week or less rather in a mounth or two. Maybe put some watchers in the warzones that can spot hackers and stop them then and there. Some thing else you could do is maybe put a segestion vender on the fleets for players to give you faster feedback wekk there in game.

Remove xp and credit limits...people who go from sub to prefered shouldent or people who want to run the story shouldent be so severly punished, your slowing down progress if you slow it down to much the planet a charecter reaches could out level you when its where you need to be. and a credit limit thats just stupid especially for someone who was already invested in the game and has more then the alloted amount.

One more thing you could add is a Guld Ship where all guild members could stay when there not questing. With fast accest back to there quests. Maybe even a guild Holo freek so guild member could Holo call other guildmember that have ther chat turned off.

I personally find the restrictions to be a bit much, but I will just unlock what I want and then stop paying.

One restriction that I find is especially bad is the field revives. This one can negatively impact playing players. I remember running a 4 man heroic with some other players who were non-subscribers. They died and had used up their field revives. They died right near the mobs that killed us. They had to run back as a result. Sucks for them? Sucks for all of us. We had to wait. Pretty lame.

Also, I would like to see an unlock for credit cap. I understand that it is likely not their for the purposes of making money off credit farmers (you aren't really going to stop them by making a 350k limit on f2p accounts) but it would be nice to be able to remove the cap or raise it.

A third item I would suggest is the 3 space mission per week limit. If you are going to limit something, it needs to be solid enough for people to want to buy an unlock. Space is not good enough to really be worth paying a sub or buying a weekly unlock.

Good things I think are the FP loot limit. I like that I can still run them, just only get 3 loot rolls. I'm curious what that entails if I solo a FP.

I never played for the end game, only for the story, but I like crafting and having good mods, so i'll pay for a few things. I'm relatively satisfied by the moslty money-grab cash shop.

One more thing...

Fix the issue where you occasionally log in and it limits you like a f2p. I'm a subscriber (for now) and premium if not. I should never be prompted to "pick one tradeskill". I also end up having to redo all my bars and pick up my jawa and other rewards from the mail...again. I think I have been granted the founder title three times on one character.

Ultimate feedback on F2P. Fix bugs like that which will scare off potential subscribers.

It means that subscribers will basically be able to create an (almost) unlimited number of characters.

But what does that MEAN really? I would like to see the limit of 12 characters per server go away. There are 16 advanced classes, we need at a minimum 16 character slots in one server to enjoy every advanced class within one server/Legacy. As such, I have my Imps on one server and my Pubs on another server just so I can experience every advanced class. It shouldn't have to be that way.

Here is an idea, sell additional character slots on the cartel market or through legacy perks. They could call it "Legacy Expansion Pack" or "Extended Legacy Perk" or something to that effect. I know we used t be limited to only 8 but I was not here for that. I know we always want more but I feel that the points I have mentioned above make sense.

what needs to be removed is the slower progress on experience it makes it very hard to even get to the end game swtor is not a game that should be about grinding with this restriction I am still looking at other MMo's and only 20 commendation at one time what a joke that is since half the quests give them out

But what does that MEAN really? I would like to see the limit of 12 characters per server go away. There are 16 advanced classes, we need at a minimum 16 character slots in one server to enjoy every advanced class within one server/Legacy. As such, I have my Imps on one server and my Pubs on another server just so I can experience every advanced class. It shouldn't have to be that way.

Here is an idea, sell additional character slots on the cartel market or through legacy perks. They could call it "Legacy Expansion Pack" or "Extended Legacy Perk" or something to that effect. I know we used t be limited to only 8 but I was not here for that. I know we always want more but I feel that the points I have mentioned above make sense.

what do you mean what does that really mean?... it means exactly what they said... there will no longer be a 50 character limit globally on accounts...

I have no problem with them selling more character slots but technically there are only 8 advanced classes because they are mirrored... only difference is is skill name and some animations... there are only 4 classes mechanically but we can say there are 8 because their stories differ... technically with 8 slots you can have one toon of each advanced class mechanically and one of each story class... so even with just the 8 slots we got at release you could experience every class story and all of the mechanically different roles the game has to offer

Edited by Liquidacid

I only read a few post, so bare with me if this has already come up.

FTP should have been implemented as such:

Completely open play till whatever level you get a ship. Then sub or nothing. That way people get a taste for the game and wanna sub to continue. The current set up just pisses people off. Bad choice once again guys.

I only read a few post, so bare with me if this has already come up.

FTP should have been implemented as such:

Completely open play till whatever level you get a ship. Then sub or nothing. That way people get a taste for the game and wanna sub to continue. The current set up just pisses people off. Bad choice once again guys.

They did that already with the play to 15 free trial thing but that wasn't enough.

If you don't want to pay, you should get restrictions. How else are they going to make money on the game? My problem is the swarming of F2P players. There should be instences for subscribers only. If they want to play with the people playing for free they can but those who don't have their gameplay hurt because others decide they don't wont to pay. Chat are being overwhelmed with crap and I find myself jumping from one instence to another to try and complete missions.

There are few things that this game needs fixing (yes I am a sub , I subbed just to enjoy the story). I play in AP/Australian server , PVE (I can't recall the name)

1. Group quests should be tuned down. It is hard to find groups once you are in higher level brackets. For instance 4+ HEROIC Group Quest should be tuned to 2+ and 2+ group quests should be do alone with some neat tricks/strategy. It is very hard to find people especially if you have like 4-5 people in Hoth. It becomes nearly impossible to complete it.

2. Mini-games. This game needs mini-games much like in KOTOR series. When I am bored , I don't have much of an option - it is either space battle (which is boring and not sort of my thing). I prefer to play pazzak and probably travel around the galaxy competing against pazzak players (NPCs) or against people.

3. Cross-Realm Flashpoint Finder- I have only done 1 flashpoint , I just couldn't get a group in my server and I am a tank. Implement a cross-realm finder , make it as an option So it is up to the player if he wants to be grouped with people of the same server or willing to gamble and be grouped with people from other servers that you would probably not see them

4. Op Finder or something - WoW did a great job with LFR - of course it is a free loot give-away thingy but it allows you to see content especially for people who are paying and haven't managed to do any ops due to the fact that they were unable to get into groups or something. Probably reduce the difficulty a bit and voila. You have created superb content (esp the story) and by doing this you are allowing people to see what you have created

5. Fix Annoying bugs & Implement Macro - like speech bubble , kira's lightsaber , hood on/off and could we have macros. For instance when I am tanking , I prefer to have them grouped into one thing as basically I am rotation few skills

6. Customization - Much like GW2 dye system. Allow players to buy or create dyes that allows them to customize their robes or something like that. It would be neat , start with that. Afterwards allow ship customization , give a template or some sort that allows you to customize the ships interior.

I think if you add the social aspect especially mini-games , a lot of people (esp F2P) do not mind forking up $$ to unlock these

Edited by prasys

Free to play people have no right to complain, they should be happy with what they at least have considering they spent all this money to make this game, the least you can do is repay them back by paying for they game so they can make it better and work on other projects. Too the people who made this game it is rather enjoyable! good job! I love the PvP in this game.

FTP players do pay to play this game. Sometimes even more then a subscriber might.

I do not like writing on these forums, I feel the tickets should get forwarded (bugs etc) As a sub I do have to say, some of the restrictions for f2p are unnecessary...like hiding helmet slots or legacy name, or only allowing one type of race, give them 2 to start....then make them work at unlocking the rest....like the rest of us have. However I do think restricting their bars (from 6 to 4) or other stuff to that nature (ie purple items) is good because it will draw them in to wanting to be a full sub.

The newest patch just let go of a million credit sellers thou, so PLEASE correct this because I do not like getting spammed by these people all day while I'm playing. Honestly when you are leveling up if you are not gathering or crafting it is hard to make credits, before having my 50 it was a nightmare...so give them the 3rd skill cheaper or have them earn it early on....and 300k is nothing in this game. Give them a little more leeway, let them earn the amount of credits they can have to their level maybe, and I understand why you did this but 500k I can see or 700k but 300k is truly nothing esp if they do hit 50! (For example lvl 30 they can have 300k then at level 40 let them have 400k and then 50 500k....or up to lvl 30 300k but then at 40 500k and at 50 700k) This will entice them to want to be a preferred or subscriber...esp if they ever raided they will see one ops and definitely want more. It's addicting!

Now as for sub's WTH!!! :mad: I have to wait 3 weeks to get a ticket answered and then they do not read the updates on the tickets and do not contact me, just close the ticket after waiting 3 weeks and nothing?! (How many more details can I write to you guys in that box before I reach max characters? esp with something is so large hence why I say "PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU FURTHER INFO IF IT IS NEEDED!" and I always write that exactly like that....and still they do not, even if I am online!) Seriously is this what I am paying for???!!! And that newest glitch with the reverse engineering...I lost 7 (BH/Camp) :mad: schemes from that (all together on 2 different char's) and didn't even notice until I logged back in...not even 10 mins later. I shouldn't have to "Check" to see they are there, if it says I learned it then it should just do that, and I should not have to double check and screen shot stuff. What are you going to do? Replace everything I re'd or just give me those schemes or replace the items or BH comms? or is it going to be n epic fail, :mad: :mad: :mad: and the CS rep tell me that their systems cannot confirm it AGAIN and tell me I should've taken a screen shot?! :mad: Seriously if I have to take a screen shot every time I log out and back in, or learn a scheme...that is just asinine. I spend hard earned money on this game, I work hard at building all my char's and making all my comms and spend them when needed, I do not "waste" anything. TBH I played WoW for 7 yrs and after they started to screw over the sub's when f2p came out I quit for good, and the day this came out my gf bought it and when I got back from war she bought this for me (she also played WoW for 5 yrs) we even played SWG for a long time. We are what you would consider hardcore gamer's, and if this game continues to "screw" us like WoW did, as much as we love star wars, and have since we were kids, we will look elsewhere for our gaming experience like we did a year ago, I truly hope we do not have too.

I know you say you want to hear what your gamer's are thinking and feeling, but I don't think this will ever get "heard." :( I do think the new upgrades to the game are great, and will help more then hurt...but I feel like the sub's are getting the shaft in the end, and I do feel like the "glitches" need to be fixed completely before releasing any more patches. Blizzard used the test servers to test these glitches and then released the updates after almost all were fixed that were caught....maybe you can do the same? It's not copying or anything of that nature, it is just good business. If you added more events like they have (which you should definitely do, esp for the 1 yrs anniversary and holiday events) it would draw more people online for those days. And advertise that you can get a legacy weapon during those events.

I know I'm rambling a lil' and might be saying too much...but I feel that if these issues do not get resolved then this game will end up like WoW did last year. No one wants to log on after waiting 3 weeks for a ticket to hear it's unresolved or that a glitch (which was a HUGE glitch and should've been written in a post when we logged in, ie. please visit our forums about reverse engineering) just cost us 300 BH comms...and now the CS rep is not willing to even acknowledge that this is a glitch and is completely unwilling to at least replace the BH comms, if they will not replace the items or the schemes. Seriously I think I know what I learned and what I spent! If you are an "End Game" Gamer then you know what it is like to craft "End Game" items for the guild or for the server...and what it means to spend your BH comms to do this.

Sorry for the long post or my "ranting" but it is about time I express my feelings.... :confused: If my opinion bothered anyone, I apologize, :eek: I am not directing this to anyone but the developers, I'm just stating what I feel and what I think they need to know. If you do not like it, I am sorry, :eek: but you did not have to spend 5 mins reading it and please do not waste another 10 mins replying to it! (I know I will not read it so it is just a waste of your time) Once again, I'm just expressing my opinion to the game developers, like they asked us to do! :D

Thank you very much for your time and I hope this helps a little bit...for you and for me. :p:ph_thank_you: And if this post does get read then THANK YOU truly for listening.

Here is some things I think can make F2P better.

This is written from perspective of me a paying customer.

Therefore its really to make it better for paying customer and not F2P customer per say.

1) Firstly when in a group there should be no chat restrictions. It is hilariously stupid to play with somebody that can't chat.

2) It would be nice that if you become paying customer you can re-customize your character without the F2P limitations. (switching gender should probably not be allowed)

3) Would be nice if when in a group with F2P players they get sprint. Otherwise you are just waiting for them all the time. This would also make them want to pay because they would see how cool sprint is :)

4) You should be able to smack F2P players when they do stupid things. :D

1.Most important all guys that have forgot to mention is to put in cartel market money cap.It is good to some F2P for 1200 cartels to buy money cap.He become prefered, and also when he buy money cap he can trade with us.

I beleeve someone reads this posts.

Here is some things I think can make F2P better.

This is written from perspective of me a paying customer.

Therefore its really to make it better for paying customer and not F2P customer per say.

1) Firstly when in a group there should be no chat restrictions. It is hilariously stupid to play with somebody that can't chat.

2) It would be nice that if you become paying customer you can re-customize your character without the F2P limitations. (switching gender should probably not be allowed)

3) Would be nice if when in a group with F2P players they get sprint. Otherwise you are just waiting for them all the time. This would also make them want to pay because they would see how cool sprint is :)

4) You should be able to smack F2P players when they do stupid things. :D

what your basicly saying is they should remove F2P and only have a sub option. F2P NEEDS these restrictions. If your a sub and don't like them don't play with F2P'ers.

1st im a subscriber since the 2nd week. the only thing i can say about ftp is before it launced, i played uninterupted, no waiting to log, i was able to equip any gear i wished and only suffered in the unbalanced CC ridden world of pvp. after ftp, i discounect every 3 to 4 mins, have issues equiping some purples, i sometimes experience long waits to log in, put in gf groups 7 to 10 levels lower than me after long waits, enjoyed unanswered tickets and terrible customer support call center help. sadly, i dont care about some free players action bar problem when i pay and cant stay connected to the game. i canceled my sub, i encourage you all to do the same. sometimes economic issues convince companies to fix stuff better that forum posts and tickets to support

Also, while this isn't specific to F2P but the game overall, I dare say TOR needs some proper optimization. The system requirements are far too steep for the graphics were getting. I know plenty of people who cant play, or are forced to play on much lower settings, because its so poorly optimized. I think that's the biggest complaint I've heard among my friends.

Also, you have still not corrected the system requirements. Intel 4100 is the Intel GMA series and the SWTOR barely even starts with it, the correct Intel card would be Intel HD 4000 (Ivy Bridge), that's the only Intel card currently capable of running this game. I've had limited success with HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge), it seems to be a hit or miss. HD 2000 (Sandy Bridge) and HD 1000 (Arrandale) is a complete bust. I've managed to tweak the settings to give 14-25fps on my HD 1000 powered X201, but its still barely more than slide show.

Either correct sys reqs or remove the Intel option altogether.

EDIT: I have access to a large number of different systems and parts, I make it a hobby of mine to test the sys reqs on games. When you say minimum, you really mean minimum. I own a HTPC with Athlon X2 4200+ 2gb ram and x1950 pro, SWTOR runs like rubbish, even when I OC'd the **** out it.

Edited by ShatteredDestiny