So it become the worst release in modern MMO time.

Mamono

When you are waiting in a queue, and someone DC's, you get in the queue faster.

Honestly this would be the better System, i can live with longer Ques before i can start the game. Since i have randowm ctd / disconnects when zoning (can run smooth for ours and afterwards it crashes 2 times in 50 min) i'd prefer a Grace period.

This could be countered by disconnecting AFK players sooner if you do nothing for 10-15 min kick the player and do not let him hang 1-2h on the char select screen. The whole thing just shows that no one thought this trough.

Else the launch was and is pretty smooth (some quests didn't work properly in a group but after reseting most things worked. Server is pretty stable only ocassional lag spikes. The game is very polished, aside from the UI.

I like the Game very much, but i don't get all the Bioware drones seeing nothing wrong, just because most things work fine, doesn't mean nothing needs to be better.

And just stop refering to the WOW release this was what 7 years ago, we're in a different time if you're game is not polished on release the masses will not accept it anymore and will flock back from where they came. Only the avid MMORPG gamers remeber times where Server Crashes, ZoneCrashes, rerolls etc. were normal long after launch. Just look at the games with heavy issues in the first 2-3 months they all are nearly dead.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best MMO Launch ever. Here it is launch day and I got right in. No lag. Many servers are light load. Very Impressed. I've had 5 days of early access, tried out 5 toons so far, decided Jedi Knight (for now), no major bugs yet at all.

I have noticed several people complaining in the forums about the ques. Not bad for a launch comprising of over a million players. Do any of them realize that the servers have to be restricted for the first week after launch or there will be an overpopulation problem on the servers?

Excellent server balancing, BW.

I'll just reply to the OP instead of waiding through 11 pages of what will (most likely) be dribble and non-sensical tripe.

Your point? Sure, it's bad if you DC, but you've disconnected, what exactly do you want them to do? As far as the server is concerned you could have just alt F4'd?

For starters - queue's are unavoidable, all MMO's (yes, even WoW) at release suffer a sharp drop off, a lot of people buy them then stop playing either indefinitely or for a period of time.

Maybe you should explain what you find bad with the UI, instead of y'know, just complaining.

There's this brilliant thing us humans have which is called constructive criticism.

Personally I've played everything from UO to TOR (obviously) and TOR by far has the best basic UI, in every game I've played prior I've either tolerated a badly designed UI or used mods such as MoveAnything in WoW to adjust it to my preference.

So in your opinion it is ok to stay in queue for 2 houres, then if you get a DC from the queue as quite few do, you get placed at the wery back of the queue again? Or if you play and get a DC, you end up in the end of a 2 houre queue?

And as for UI, you cant have played many MMO’s or looked at the UI of the MMOs you play.

This UI is the worst UI of all the games out there, except for DC univers.

Even WoW had better ui 7 years ago. 7 years ago!!! How was it better? You could actually scale your UI back then.

The original WoW UI you have today is 10000x better then then SWToR.

And how can you even say SWToR has better UI then Rift? There are NO mmo out there who has better original UI FROM release then Rift that is out there. Non. Warhammer my have been close, but not that good.

Stop the nonsense please all the apologists and excuse makers and "I live in the cellar with no life and can spend my 24/7 waiting and playing" freaks!

7AM East Coast and my server is full!!!! ***.

So all my early access rime to develop my char is worthless even before work, never mind after. What will 6 PM East look like-2 friggin hours? 9 PM East *** Bioware

They should have know/left some slack on all the servers. Who is going to keep starting chars on a new server every time yours is full? When all your friends/guild is on that server? And who can sit for 1-2 hours waiting, if that is your play time window?

And just for th record. I love the game and think it's a tour-de-force but this lack of planning is utterly ridiculous.

The servers should have been shut off when the max number that could always ;log in was reached. Is that so friggin hard E-the POS-A?

I have a lvl 17 BH on the server Mind Trick but that server is full most of the time, it's full right now at 630am cst. I rerolled on another server if I wanted to play thats what I had to do. Did I like it,no, will I do it again, time will tell, I don't want to keep rerolling.

All I know is that the servers will eventually level out.

And btw I don't live in a cellar I have a job and a family.

What where BioWare and AE thinking about? Did they have no precausjon to make the release as good as possible? Have they not learned anything from other MMO’s and what they did wrong?

Lets see….

No grace timer on DC’s.

If you end up DC’ing you end up at the wery end of the queue. Sucks to be you then :s

No character transfer system in the game from release. They KNEW that there would be queues, so why have they not made this an option? Every freaking MMO game in the world has some form for queue problem. BioWare should have known this from the beginning.

Queue problem.

In early access we got a look in how they handled the queue. They could not handle it.

I was complaining about it but ½ of the people were saying, stop whining, at lunch they will open all the servers for max population. The queue will be acceptable then.

Right, we see how well that went.

If BioWare even had an idea about what queues other MMO’s have been through, they did a terrible job of trying to prevent it on their MMO.

Then there is the player support.

Still no e-mail support when it comes to account problems. You just get an automatically mail saying that you have to call the support or not get any help at all.

Still no toll free phone to others then UK, France and Germany so the cost of that call my be quite a surprise do to extreme phone queue time.

Then you have the in game stuff like UI etc etc.

They have tried to go their own way, but by doing so they have made things bad. A fresh person coming into the world of MMO would probably accept it as it is, but most of the players are experienced MMO players. They WILL bring with them experience and ideas from other games and compare SWToR against that game. BioWare trying to invent the wheel again, but not by improving it, but by making it square. It works, but by god it is a bad ride.

BioWare do have a team working on the UI now, but what have they done up to now? Extended summerholyday?

Forum:

The forum is working on ½ machine. Should have been up and running from day 1 in release.

A few days ago I said all this will happen but people keept saying. Wait to release and everything will straighten out.

You are playing early access, whitch is the same as an Beta, abig patch will be done on release so many of the bugs and problems in the game will be gone.

Where is that dame patch? I can’t see any…..

So in basic. Early access game is the same game as release game.

BioWare, /boot to the head.

First MMO created by Bioware.

Queue is something EVERY MMO struggles with at the start.

Only rift (from what i remember) out of big "title" mmo's (WoW, aion, rift, age of conan etc) allowed early server transfer.

Bugs and shortcommings to UI and lacking elements is something every MMO has at launch.

Queue's is largely caused by PLAYERS, not short of servers, aswell as the "massive amount of players" at launch. Players flock to certain servers, while others are not full at all, the servers where set up to handle the amount of people. Its player server choices that created the queues and is something noone can predict how will turn out.

Queues are also shorter during swtor's launch that many other MMO's.

Queue's will decrease and ultimately vanish when people go back to the daily normal gaming rythm (the inital whoa! take 2 weeks of work to only game swtor hype wears off).

SWToR has more content than original WoW had when its vanilla (no xp packs) was at its peak. Thats a GOOD thing. Do not expect a newly released MMO to be on par with MMO's that has been out for years. Many currently missing elements has been announced by Bioware to be implimented in future patches.

Launch/release have happened, im in the queue now, didnt see that "omg big patch QQ" happen.

SWToR have had a good launch, no issues with lag (not me, not my guildies, not my friends, and i havent heard ANYONE on the server complain about anything but the queue's). It has alot of content, many flashpoints, plenty of PvP grounds, a good crafting system, 8 UNIQUE CLASS STORIES that goes from lvl 1 to 50. Its fully Voiced, contains secrets to be found. Has 8 classes that plays out quiet differently even within the same base class (sith assasin/sith sorceror being an example) and yes the combat is pretty classic but its sprinkled with some innovation and new ideas that makes it fun (for me atleast).

Your whining and the points you make about is something that pop up every damn MMO that get released. Every single god damn time. Its simple problems related to MMO launches. Something that is not easily predicted. Set up enough servers? queue will still happen because players themself will flood specific servers.

I feel you just wanted to make this post to complain and inflate common issues to something bigger/worse than they are.

My suggestion? Stop playing until christmas is over, possible a few weeks after. That should solve the queues.

If the game really is so bad as you try to make it, wait until patches brings in the content they didnt have time to include for release.

And about UI, people are god damn spoiled. Few if none single player games offer customizable UI's and many MMO's dont have any better UI customization than SWToR either. It delivers what you need, nothing more, nothing less. (ill admit a 3rd bar in the center would be good :p). Beyond this people just want an UI option that makes it easier for them.

Anyways wall of text, and ill be supprised if anyone got the tenacity to read it :p

So in your opinion it is ok to stay in queue for 2 houres, then if you get a DC from the queue as quite few do, you get placed at the wery back of the queue again? Or if you play and get a DC, you end up in the end of a 2 houre queue?

It's called bad luck, also bad financing, why pay an ISP for an internet connection if they keep cutting you?

And as for UI, you cant have played many MMO’s or looked at the UI of the MMOs you play.

And what part of an opinion do you not understand?

I suggest you go look up the words objectivity and subjectivity then you can come back and discuss things.

Even WoW had better ui 7 years ago. 7 years ago!!! How was it better? You could actually scale your UI back then.

And how can you even say SWToR has better UI then Rift? There are NO mmo out there who has better original UI FROM release then Rift that is out there. Non. Warhammer my have been close, but not that good.

Scaling is not part of the UI it's a customizability option, and I would agree TOR needs more.

But on the opinion of why TOR's UI is bad, you've yet to actually say why you hold that opinion.

Notice I keep highlighting the world opinion for you? Go look up it's meaning and stop stating yours as fact.

Edited by Mynameisaw

There are NO mmo out there who has better original UI FROM release then Rift that is out there. Non. Warhammer my have been close, but not that good.

Sure, Rift is more customisable, but SO WHAT?

TOR's UI is perfectly usable, has all the customisation in terms of key/mouse binding you need and while it may lack some things you may DESIRE it certainly lacks nothing you NEED!

Hey Mamono..psst...yes you.

No, don't look at me..act casual...

Here's an idea:

If you hate it already...go have a nap, eat something, read a book, watch tv, clean your room/flat/house, please the lady/lord, cancel the game or all of the above.

Why do you even bother to waste your time with this?

Unemployed and nothing better to do?

Filthy rich and still nothing better to do?

Or do you rather want this to be a success? it's hard to tell.

In any case, please, and this is from the bottom of my heart, as black as it is:

Stop crying.

Thank you.

Love, Hotte

P.S.: Bazinga

The true problem is most people that are complaining are no MMO players , if they were MMO player they would already know what was coming since it is always the same.

If you cant understand and accepts how a game from this genre launches just leave and go back to what you used to play , we dont care.

... elaborate what is wrong with the UI in detail please? Aside of the lack of scaling. Just saying is bad compared to xxx game is not a good complain.

Lol....people have no idea what a bad MMO release really is....

This I have been THRILLED with release...

I have had ZERO disconnects and my game never crashes. Yes I have some queues to wait in but it is LAUNCH. Most of that will subside.

I have been apart of aprox 3-4 lauches this has been BY far the smoothest.

WoW was an absolute cluster fck of servers crashing for weeks starting areas being clogged.

SWG was also servers crashing

Rift had queues and server crashes

Tabula Rasa was also a mess.

Basically you are talking out of your *** and telling everyone that you have never been apart of any other launches if you think this one was "bad" or the "worst".

This is best MMO release ever :)

- no grace period, well i am on neutral ground with this one

- queues can't be avoided

- customer support works with phone i think its better than email

- UI is fine as it is

- haven't had any issues with foorums

- epic story

- companions

- you really benefit for partying with other players

- arcade type space shooting mini game

This I have been THRILLED with release...

I have had ZERO disconnects and my game never crashes. Yes I have some queues to wait in but it is LAUNCH. Most of that will subside.

I have been apart of aprox 3-4 lauches this has been BY far the smoothest.

WoW was an absolute cluster fck of servers crashing for weeks starting areas being clogged.

SWG was also servers crashing

Rift had queues and server crashes

Tabula Rasa was also a mess.

Basically you are talking out of your *** and telling everyone that you have never been apart of any other launches if you think this one was "bad" or the "worst".

Don't forget Warhammers account server going down for 3 days.

So even though you owned the game unless you set up your account prior to the crash you couldn't play at all until they set it up again and then it lagged a ridiculous amount from people rushing to set up their accounts all at once...

... elaborate what is wrong with the UI in detail please? Aside of the lack of scaling. Just saying is bad compared to xxx game is not a good complain.

SWToR ui is the worst UI in all forms there is. It works, but that is all. You can’t find another game out there who has worse UI, UI design or UI customization then SWToR. Name one if you can.

And BioWare do know this. It is for no reason they have a team working on it right now and said they will have the hole thing changed within a few month.

What I question is why have they not done it in the Beta?

Edited by Mamono

What where BioWare and AE thinking about? Did they have no precausjon to make the release as good as possible? Have they not learned anything from other MMO’s and what they did wrong?

Lets see….

No grace timer on DC’s.

If you end up DC’ing you end up at the wery end of the queue. Sucks to be you then :s

No character transfer system in the game from release. They KNEW that there would be queues, so why have they not made this an option? Every freaking MMO game in the world has some form for queue problem. BioWare should have known this from the beginning.

Queue problem.

In early access we got a look in how they handled the queue. They could not handle it.

I was complaining about it but ½ of the people were saying, stop whining, at lunch they will open all the servers for max population. The queue will be acceptable then.

If BioWare even had an idea about what queues other MMO’s have been through, they did a terrible job of trying to prevent it on their MMO.

Still no e-mail support when it comes to account problems. You just get an automatically mail saying that you have to call the support or not get any help at all.

Still no toll free phone to others then UK, France and Germany so the cost of that call my be quite a surprise do to extreme phone queue time.

They have tried to go their own way, but by doing so they have made things bad. A fresh person coming into the world of MMO would probably accept it as it is, but most of the players are experienced MMO players. They WILL bring with them experience and ideas from other games and compare SWToR against that game. BioWare trying to invent the wheel again, but not by improving it, but by making it square. It works, but by god it is a bad ride.

BioWare do have a team working on the UI now, but what have they done up to now? Extended summerholyday?

Forum:

The forum is working on ½ machine. Should have been up and running from day 1 in release.

A few days ago I said all this will happen but people keept saying. Wait to release and everything will straighten out.

You are playing early access, whitch is the same as an Beta, abig patch will be done on release so many of the bugs and problems in the game will be gone.

No.

Darkfall.

Star Trek Online.

Everquest 2.

Planetside.

Star Wars Galaxies.

WoW Cataclysm.

EVE Online: Incarna.

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.

You think this is a bad MMO launch? L o L *to be read as the individual letters one by one*

Awful, got to wait 30 min at least, to get into a server, and once in, its going to be crowded.

Edit. Looks, more like 2 hours. Seriously, seriously get off my lawn, there so many fresh lawns. Scat...!!!!!

1)I hate crowds at quest givers and mobs. Completely ruined immersion

2)I hate the service, especially cause there are so many LIGHT servers. Why couldnt these 20th launch-morons (excuse the words,just mad), start on'em.

3)It was fine beta and EA, why is it so overcrowded now. Queues are also way longer....

Seems, the moment, i started paying, the service went to hell.... Shouldn't it have been, the other way around.....

4)By the time, i can actually access my character, i'll A) Lose interest 2) People form today will move up to the 30s 3) Ill wanna go to bed... D) Waiting queues will surpass 2-3 hours.....

Edited by SimplyCooL

It is the best MMO release there has ever been, every other MMO release has been 5 times as buggy and the queues have been just as long but with much more boring and easy mode grinding quests which you don't care about as those games only focus on the endgame, which in itself becomes horrifically boring.

This is by far the best MMO on the market to date.

I think that the launch has been pretty good all things considered, I think they are doing everything the way it should be done to protect the future of the game.

I can put up with the queues for the first few weeks of release, I will revisit this if the servers are still this queued up in a month.

Lets see….

No grace timer on DC’s.

Queue problem.

Forum:

You obviously did not play Star Trek Online at launch........or Anarchy Online.