So it become the worst release in modern MMO time.

Mamono

heh, i just think everyone talking about how horrible a release this is, and by implication that the game itself will fail as a result.

but yea... i haven't experienced very many CTD's and zero server crashes...

now compare to other games... aoc's gamebreaking bugs, warhammer's release missing a tank class for an entire faction, eve's code not being able to support its own graphics causing instant CTD's for the first week straight, etc.

i think back to when WoW was released and the months of queues and server crashes we had, and think of how successful it became. then i compare that release to this one...

yea, im not worried. this isn't the first release ive experienced, and it probably won't be the last, and so far, its been one of the smoothest ive ever seen.

Edited by Jaidan

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there are lines?

No seriously, go take a plane anywhere on the planet over the next 4 days and then come back here and complain about the lines.

Im not flying anywhere, I am sitting here for an hour waiting some more. Sorry try something else. If people are content with the lack of ability from the devs to be prepared fine, good for you and them, I am not happy as many are not.

I have played 90% of all MMO's at launch and with the exception of que times this launch has been flawless. Servers are stable, not un-announced downtime, few if any game halting bugs. and little if any server lag.

Worst launch I have ever played falls to Anarchy Online. Servers where down more often than up, and server lag was really really really bad. Most people could not level past a point because quests would just stop working.

Wow also had a rocky launch.

Eq2 was pretty smooth,

Eq1 was up and down a lot.

earth and beyond was really bad.

I could name lots of them.

Also PS.

ALL MMO's have been out in "Modern Time"

+1

I really want a server transfer system and it better be free for the first little while.

I cant believe that the server transfer system isnt even programmed yet? Thats a big fail.

Thats such a huge fail.

You guys just don't get it. They are trying to create server stability by gradually adding servers, increasing population caps and limiting the number of copies of the game available for purchase. Allowing server transfers from the start would completely undermine this. If everyone from one server could suddenly transfer to another server, it would just muck things up even more.

If there is any major MMO that has ever allowed free server transfers from day 1 of launch, then I'd like to know....because that sounds like an absolutely stupid decision from a business standpoint. Allowing server transfers doesn't make sense until things stabilize and certainly not until after the first 30 days because that's when only people with paid subs will be playing and anyone who canceled within their first 30 days of free game time will be gone. That right there could cause significant shifts in active server populations.