Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So it become the worst release in modern MMO time.

Mamono

What where BioWare and AE thinking about? Did they have no precausjon to make the release as good as possible? Have they not learned anything from other MMO’s and what they did wrong?

Lets see….

No grace timer on DC’s.

If you end up DC’ing you end up at the wery end of the queue. Sucks to be you then :s

No character transfer system in the game from release. They KNEW that there would be queues, so why have they not made this an option? Every freaking MMO game in the world has some form for queue problem. BioWare should have known this from the beginning.

Queue problem.

In early access we got a look in how they handled the queue. They could not handle it.

I was complaining about it but ½ of the people were saying, stop whining, at lunch they will open all the servers for max population. The queue will be acceptable then.

Right, we see how well that went.

If BioWare even had an idea about what queues other MMO’s have been through, they did a terrible job of trying to prevent it on their MMO.

Then there is the player support.

Still no e-mail support when it comes to account problems. You just get an automatically mail saying that you have to call the support or not get any help at all.

Still no toll free phone to others then UK, France and Germany so the cost of that call my be quite a surprise do to extreme phone queue time.

Then you have the in game stuff like UI etc etc.

They have tried to go their own way, but by doing so they have made things bad. A fresh person coming into the world of MMO would probably accept it as it is, but most of the players are experienced MMO players. They WILL bring with them experience and ideas from other games and compare SWToR against that game. BioWare trying to invent the wheel again, but not by improving it, but by making it square. It works, but by god it is a bad ride.

BioWare do have a team working on the UI now, but what have they done up to now? Extended summerholyday?

Forum:

The forum is working on ½ machine. Should have been up and running from day 1 in release.

A few days ago I said all this will happen but people keept saying. Wait to release and everything will straighten out.

You are playing early access, whitch is the same as an Beta, abig patch will be done on release so many of the bugs and problems in the game will be gone.

Where is that dame patch? I can’t see any…..

So in basic. Early access game is the same game as release game.

BioWare, /boot to the head.

moan more WoW had none of these things either at launch and Q times were alot worse i.e. 8Hrs +

Edited by flankster

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some people really need to witness a few more MMO releases. this is a dream launch compared to many smaller studio releases.

Indeed.

For many this is their first MMO so have no idea what a bad launch is. This launch has been decent so far. A few queues are not what makes a bad launch.

this lunch aint bad, other then the queue and some minor "cosmetic" issues its fine. The actual game works, iv been in early access from the 15th and the servers haven't crashed 1 time while iv been playing. So if your big problem is the queue and the sloppy interface you should have played other launches before ************.

The estimated wait time is a lie! When i joined it said less than 15 minutes...it has been over 20 with 62 more people ahead of me.

Otherwise i totally disagree with the OP and I'm getting fairly tired by these over-dramatizing threads...

The queueing issues are both player and bioware fault.

Mainly because Bioware should of locked servers, however this might be a issue because it might stop ppl from creating new characters until unlocked, which then ppl would complain about, and yes 100% you would.

Its also Players fault because people are joining heavy servers due to thinking they'll have more people to group with. But the fact is your setting yourselves up to long queue times, and I dont feel sorry you. I feel sorry for the people like myself who joined light servers early on, that are now heavy and cant get on because more people keep joining.

If people joined light servers they'd be medium-heavy in like 1 day. But people arent and its messing everything up for us all.

So stop blaming bioware for everything, its players that destroy mmo's not developers.

server ques aside, this launch has been great, lag free, i have not D'CED once and it has been the smoothest launch to any mmo i have ever played. I remember when Galaxies first came out, my buddy and i played all the time and it seemed that every 15 minutes we would DC!!!

This game is EPIC and will continue to grow and get even better, can't wait to play again!

If only all the qq'ers thought more like you... they'd very soon realise its one the smoothest launches thats happened (from my experience anyway, and apparently from a lot of others judging from peoples posts)

Some of of us do not have the option of changing server. Som of us do actually have friends. All my RL friends are on the server I play on. My old guild from Rift are on the server I am on.

If character transfar was in the game, we would have moved all of us to a low pop server within the day.

Well at 8am i had 450 queue !!!!

Interface is a pain.

Imperial fleet station. THIS PLACE SUCKS..... ****s my fps after visit EACH TIME. i go from 40-50 to 20-30 only option is to restart the game but guess what ???? cant do it cos of queue FFS.

Besides that game is good.

The estimated wait time is a lie! When i joined it said less than 15 minutes...it has been over 20 with 62 more people ahead of me.

Otherwise i totally disagree with the OP and I'm getting fairly tired by these over-dramatizing threads...

Its not a lie, It's an ESTIMATE. Look it up in the dictionary.

No grace timer on DC’s.

If you end up DC’ing you end up at the wery end of the queue. Sucks to be you then :s

Which MMO does that, certainly not one I've played

No character transfer system in the game from release.

Which MMO had that ON RELEASE, certainly not ones I played on release.

Queue problem.

In early access we got a look in how they handled the queue. They could not handle it.

I was complaining about it but ½ of the people were saying, stop whining, at lunch they will open all the servers for max population. The queue will be acceptable then.

Which MMO did that ON DAY OF LAUNCH, certainly not ones I played on release.

The UI is fine, perfectly usable, what the hell are you complaining about here?

Question....what is wrong with being happy with a product?

It's a game. Not Medical Research.

So I guess you play on a Commodore 64? Youll be happy with that wont you?

Some people actually like and expect some kind of evolution.

Edited by Mamono

Some of of us do not have the option of changing server. Som of us do actually have friends. All my RL friends are on the server I play on. My old guild from Rift are on the server I am on.

If character transfar was in the game, we would have moved all of us to a low pop server within the day.

Its Biowares fault that you all chose to roll on an already overpopulated server, instead of picking one of the many low pop ones?

The queueing issues are both player and bioware fault.

Mainly because Bioware should of locked servers, however this might be a issue because it might stop ppl from creating new characters until unlocked, which then ppl would complain about, and yes 100% you would.

Its also Players fault because people are joining heavy servers due to thinking they'll have more people to group with. But the fact is your setting yourselves up to long queue times, and I dont feel sorry you. I feel sorry for the people like myself who joined light servers early on, that are now heavy and cant get on because more people keep joining.

If people joined light servers they'd be medium-heavy in like 1 day. But people arent and its messing everything up for us all.

So stop blaming bioware for everything, its players that destroy mmo's not developers.

Good point. It would be nice to have all non-guilded characters swept away to a lighter server, so guilds can actually log-in, but I don't think they'll be able to do that without a massive flood of whining from those players (which I wouldn't understand since they're not guilded, and if they are a group of friends, why didn't they created a guild?)

What where BioWare and AE thinking about? Did they have no precausjon to make the release as good as possible? Have they not learned anything from other MMO’s and what they did wrong?

Lets see….

No grace timer on DC’s.

Queues would be LONGER if you had this system.

No character transfer system in the game from release. They KNEW that there would be queues, so why have they not made this an option? Every freaking MMO game in the world has some form for queue problem. BioWare should have known this from the beginning.

You don't have character transfers at the launch of an MMO. You wait until you have a full understanding of the numbers before allowing such things.

Queue problem.

If BioWare even had an idea about what queues other MMO’s have been through, they did a terrible job of trying to prevent it on their MMO.

It's an MMO launch. There are queues. If you don't like it I suggest you come back in a week or two. Otherwise, deal with it. Nobody likes queues, yet they are NORMAL.

Then there is the player support.

Still no e-mail support when it comes to account problems. You just get an automatically mail saying that you have to call the support or not get any help at all.

Still no toll free phone to others then UK, France and Germany so the cost of that call my be quite a surprise do to extreme phone queue time.

So call the number. I'm getting a suspicion that you can't even access the game and that's why you're bashing it...

They have tried to go their own way, but by doing so they have made things bad. A fresh person coming into the world of MMO would probably accept it as it is, but most of the players are experienced MMO players. They WILL bring with them experience and ideas from other games and compare SWToR against that game. BioWare trying to invent the wheel again, but not by improving it, but by making it square. It works, but by god it is a bad ride.

BioWare do have a team working on the UI now, but what have they done up to now? Extended summerholyday?

They have said they are looking to upgrade the UI as a priority, I suggest you pay more attention to the Dev Tracker.

Forum:

The forum is working on ½ machine. Should have been up and running from day 1 in release.

What?

A few days ago I said all this will happen but people keept saying. Wait to release and everything will straighten out.

You are playing early access, whitch is the same as an Beta, abig patch will be done on release so many of the bugs and problems in the game will be gone.

Where is that dame patch? I can’t see any…..

So in basic. Early access game is the same game as release game.

BioWare, /boot to the head.

It's release. Things aren't going to magically change on release day. If you ever expected it would, then you are very naive. It takes a week or two after release for things to settle. As stated previously, if you don't have the patience for queuing, go away and come back next week.

Some people actually like an expect some kind of evolution.

Riiiiiiight.

Because being happy with a current generation MMO with evolutions in the right places (for me and others), is exactly the same as being happy with a Commodore 64 and never wanting more.

Riiiiiiight. Yeah. Your logic is astounding.

I defer to your wisdom, ultimate knower-of-things.

Some people actually like an expect some kind of evolution.

You are funny. Yes. I sit here, bored to death at qwork and I'd LOVE to sit at home in a queue.

And you take the time to entertain me with your funny words. I thank you for that.

No really...are you for hire? This world needs more humor.

And I know, not everyone is a native english speaker, neither am I, but please...some effort?

Other than that, you're hired. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.