1 mio. credits for HK-51 per. character is unfair.

Inzuher

I don't mind it, actually liked the non scanning parts XD

Ditto. Except 90% of the quest is scanning for hours, thus removing it as a valid way of obtaining HK for every character, hence the issue. When a Hard mode Flashpoint is the easiest part of a quest chain, it says a lot :/

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a legacy unlock... and most of those were way up there in price too.

BTW... its called a "credit sink". First it was crystals, then speeders, now it appears to be a rusty old bot.

"RUSTY OLD BOT."

Warning: Prejudice set to maximum. Prepare to be eliminated organic:d_evil:

Edited by AshlaBoga

Unlocking HK for 1mill has huge advantages over unlocking a race for 1.5

Especially if you do it for a low level alt.

I have no problem spending cash to avoid the tedium of making money. Not sue how many characters I'll unlock it for though. I'll probably do the quest chain again for for my 50s. I don't mind it, actually liked the non scanning parts XD

The races are a global unlock HK is a character perk. Had he too been a global unlock everything would've been fine.

Ditto. Except 90% of the quest is scanning for hours, thus removing it as a valid way of obtaining HK for every character, hence the issue. When a Hard mode Flashpoint is the easiest part of a quest chain, it says a lot :/

Behave...

No idea where you get 90% of the quest from lol :)

Driz

If you don't want to spend the 1 million credits, you have the option of doing the quest chain per character or spending 350CCs. Be realistic...it took their code monkeys how long to come up with this small amount of content, and you want all the characters on a server to get him after 4 hours of playing? What other global unlock comes so easily? Edited by HarleysRule

As I understand this option (credit unlock) is only for current subscribers (200/350k limit on f2p/pref).

350 CC is less than sum of CC during alt rise time casual subscriber would get ... mixing with activities on old character/s it could easy take month or two = 500/1000 CC

Or 2 weeks dailies solo grind = more than enough credits you would ever spend on alt (HK & speeder 1,2,3 legacy included) if not buying crafting mats.

Or 1 week of solo grind + some group content = same result as above.

It is simple, a MMO has to have credit sync or it would hyper inflate in month or two.

MMO has to have a hooks to keep players playing and / or paying - depends on models.

If you tossed all your CC for fluff ... go grind dailies, I kept mine for unlocks :cool:

You have options after all.

Edited by morfius

The races are a global unlock HK is a character perk. Had he too been a global unlock everything would've been fine.

I can't see that being a valid counterpoint. A global unlock that gives no in game benefit. Still more potential value in HK on one character.

Engage: rant.

I think the OP needs to SERIOUSLY rename this post.

I came in here thinking it cost 1million to unlock HK AFTER doing the quest. It was only after reading down I realised it was for legacy characters.

And on that note - all legacy unlocks are expensive. That's the whole point! Thay are something you work towards. Some call that grinding, I call it making an effort.

There's 4 different daillies to do - it's not like you're short of content to cover while gaining that 1million. It's a week's work! Or 2-3 if you're playing casually!

Get to it. Quit yer *****in!

I am so mad right now at the constant petty whining on these forums about having to actually PLAY SWTOR to get stuff.

Sheesh

/rant off

And on that note - all legacy unlocks are expensive. That's the whole point! Thay are something you work towards. Some call that grinding, I call it making an effort.

They are pointless credits sinks because EAware couldn't think of anything better to add. I mean how much are rocket boots? 2 million or something like that right? For a minor convenience feature? Difference is the boots are across every character, HK is not. Please don't justify HK being extortionately priced simply because all the other Legacy purchases are; if HK were a Legacy-wide unlock for 1 million, nobody would have a problem.

They are pointless credits sinks because EAware couldn't think of anything better to add. I mean how much are rocket boots? 2 million or something like that right? For a minor convenience feature? Difference is the boots are across every character, HK is not. Please don't justify HK being extortionately priced simply because all the other Legacy purchases are; if HK were a Legacy-wide unlock for 1 million, nobody would have a problem.

^^this

all i can say is if one million credits is too much just wait until you want to get the new uber droid gear for him. that gear costs about 1 million per piece to make if you buy the mats. i am somewhat confused why that hasn't been a issue yet here on the forums to be honest.

It's disappointing to see that the people of the world are so used to being ripped off that they can't even see when it's happening :/

It's really sad that someone thinks spending video game credits, earned while playing said video game, is akin to be "ripped off".

It's really sad that someone thinks spending video game credits, earned while playing said video game, is akin to be "ripped off".

No no no no, you are reading what you want to read. My complaint is that EAware has deliberately made paying cash for HK the most viable option by making him cost an unreasonable amount of in-game credits as well as making sure nobody will ever want to repeat the quest by creating the single most dull and tedious quest I have ever been subjected to. The Holocron hunt in SWG was more tolerable imo.

Please learn to read before you post :)

No no no no, you are reading what you want to read. My complaint is that EAware has deliberately made paying cash for HK the most viable option by making him cost an unreasonable amount of in-game credits as well as making sure nobody will ever want to repeat the quest by creating the single most dull and tedious quest I have ever been subjected to. The Holocron hunt in SWG was more tolerable imo.

Why is it the "most viable"? Because of impatience on a player's part? It's vanity pet. It's not needed to level or play the core game. You can wait until you level and do the quest or earn in-game credits through some grinding or spend cartel coins to bypass those viable options.

The amount of in-game credits is not unreasonable, not at all. Considering the money is earned easily in a few days of playing. The quest itself is even faster.

You want private plane service at Southwest prices.

I like when people throw out an insult and throw a ":)" on the end and act like it makes it not one.

False. 1 million is on par with the majority of other legacy prices which were that high when 1.2 came out.

Why is it the "most viable"? Because of impatience on a player's part? It's vanity pet. It's not needed to level or play the core game. You can wait until you level and do the quest or earn in-game credits through some grinding or spend cartel coins to bypass those viable options.

The amount of in-game credits is not unreasonable, not at all. Considering the money is earned easily in a few days of playing. The quest itself is even faster.

You want private plane service at Southwest prices.

I like when people throw out an insult and throw a ":)" on the end and act like it makes it not one.

It's the most viable because it's the easiest and quickest method, whereas the others require time and effort for a reward that simply isn't worth it. Some of us have jobs, we don't want to come home in the evening and be told we need to grind for days to unlock something for ONE character. People play games to relax, not to work, sorry if you can't understand that.

And it was hardly an insult. I was just advising you to read before you post, as you clearly didn't previously.

False. 1 million is on par with the majority of other legacy prices which were that high when 1.2 came out.

Yes, and again, just because the others were overpriced doesn't justify HK being equally overpriced. And, as also mentioned earlier, some of the unlocks are Legacy-wide AND far more useful than a companion who comes without gear. Why don't people read previous comments? :S

It's the most viable because it's the easiest and quickest method, whereas the others require time and effort for a reward that simply isn't worth it. Some of us have jobs, we don't want to come home in the evening and be told we need to grind for days to unlock something for ONE character. People play games to relax, not to work, sorry if you can't understand that.

Most Viable = / = "easiest and quickest"

The "easiest and quickest" way to earn 10,000 dollars may be bank robbery, but that hardly makes it more viable than working 9 to 5.

Your "I have a job, I don't want to grind" whine is weak considering that argument would simply lead to pay-to-win. Why should you with your "job and no time to grind" have to work to level 50. Why not a cheap unlock? Why should you have to "grind" for gear? Why not a quick, cheap unlock? Why isn't everything in game available for a cheap unlock so all us hard working folks who don't have time to play the game can get everything the game has available?

And it was hardly an insult. I was just advising you to read before you post, as you clearly didn't previously.

No one likes a coward. Own your words.

I don't see the point of leveling an alt with HK-51 unless they added new talking parts for him in the old cut scenes... I rather use one of my companions that do have talking parts in the various cut scenes while leveling.

I think this is the key -- he would be there but not take any part in your storyline as such, just like the ship droid. And his snarky comments are the same at any level. So, I'm not too concerned about the credit cost -- and with CC, I get enough "complimentary" coins to get stuff like this.

Yes, and again, just because the others were overpriced doesn't justify HK being equally overpriced. And, as also mentioned earlier, some of the unlocks are Legacy-wide AND far more useful than a companion who comes without gear. Why don't people read previous comments? :S

If the unlock of HK is so non-useful, why is there such a stink about getting it?

Interest Thread....

Anyway, I don't think people are complaining that 1mil per toon is too much for someone with 1 50 and 1 20. It is people with like 8 lvl 20's (Or higher) that want HK on all of them. (Altoholics, I'm guilty of that.)

Or that is how I am reading it anyway ... Which in the end will make them spend about 11mil if they have ALL character slots used.

Even if they reduced that by half, let's say 500k per toon, you'd still spend 5.5mil to unlock the other 11 toons. The problem is ... they'd probably set the Global unlock at 3mil or higher anyway if they changed it (Since they love money sinks). Which would still require grinding/dailies/CC.

Should it be free for subbers? If so, will they change it? Probably not.

Like someone before said, go ahead and start a petition and get people to sign it and email it to bioware. Hopefully their new staff will actually pay attention to it.