Cartel Packs = Scratch and lose lottery.

bodhisattvasw

Sorry they are weak.

Between the paid accounts in the family we opened about 10 Crime Lord Packs, and out of those most of it was duplicates of useless junk, in fact the vast majority was trash lewt, worth nothing really.

I believe everyone should be refunded their Cartel Coins for these idiot packs, and then they should post the items up on the cartel market for what they think is 'fair' for them.. These scratch and lose lottery systems are a joke, and no better than the Asian F2P ones that rip off people. Free2Play needs to be funded, but seriously you need to make the rewards for Cartel reasonable, and at least based on a higher percentage of success.

Right now this entire system is pretty failure in my view, and I immediately canceled 2 accounts after seeing how this was being handled.. Now we will milk the F2P system, and simply use our allotments each week and go play another game. EA dropped the ball on this one I think...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely agree with this post.

Please sell the rares in the cartel packs at a locked in cost to remove the lottery aspect of this. I also wish to be refunded for the packs that I opened to receive nothing of value. The so called "rares" in each pack is an utter scam filled with horrible duplicates. the $4 cartel packs are a horrible addition to this game. fix them or sell the contents inside them seperately

You bought them, seriously? and now youre calling out EAWare? LOL :D

Whats the old saying about a fool and his money?

Didn't spend a dime on them. The coins were from the subscriptions over the last few months, nothing more. I would never, ever spend a dime on cartel coins. That armor and stuff is junk, looks like everything already in the game. At least with Guildwars2 you can use ingame money to buy gems.. You cannot even use ingame money to buy cartel coins or packs. So EA appears to be milking a bit worse than Arenanet.

99% of F2P games are a scam designed to addict people with gambling mentalities or collectors OCD.. So they all have these systems in place to do this.. Which is GOOD for those of us that won't be suckered by this nonsense, we get lots of free games to play funded by people with addictions. :cool:

Many people posted on forums that these cartel packs were a rip off..So what do you think of them so far?

That's what happens when an item is unregulated.

Best thing to do is stay subbed, DO NOT BUY any coins, and keep playing.

It's hilarious how people are spending hundreds of dollars on this crap... :rolleyes: I think i'am done with this game.. I loved it, and it was amazing... I think I will be playing Skyrim until Elder Scrolls online comes out and then I will et Star Citizen after that.

Until Elder Scrolls Onine ads their gambling boxes too. :D

Look, you don't like the odds of the cartel packs, don't buy them. Wait a few weeks, you'll find all that crap on the auction house, probably increasingly cheaper as they flood the market.

It's funny that they most likely won't since they are actually having a different combat mechanics and it looks a lot more polished in it's alpha than Swtor is now... And Star Citizen haha can't say crap about that.

you make it sound like 10 is a whole lot. cartel packs are a lottery and to have any real chance to win said lottery you need to buy a ton of tickets, the more you buy the better chance you have at the jackpot.

This. If you don't want to play the lottery, don't play the lottery. If you do, don't complain about losing. If you want to buy specifics, buy specifics. They are undoubtedly going to add a lot more to the Cartel Market at a later date. For now, be happy with what it has, and save up your CC's if you're not feeling lucky.

It's hilarious how people are spending hundreds of dollars on this crap... :rolleyes: I think i'am done with this game.. I loved it, and it was amazing... I think I will be playing Skyrim until Elder Scrolls online comes out and then I will et Star Citizen after that.

I actually posted on what you mentioned.

When I played ForsakenWorld by PWI..I had more than a couple of guild mates that spent HUNDREDS on fashion items alone...never mind the enhancing stuff..so yeah its going to be like that for a bit , for the other guys just don't buy coins if you hate the cartel packs. Have fun out there. ^^

I actually posted on what you mentioned.

When I played ForsakenWorld by PWI..I had more than a couple of guild mates that spent HUNDREDS on fashion items alone...never mind the enhancing stuff..so yeah its going to be like that for a bit , for the other guys just don't buy coins if you hate the cartel packs. Have fun out there. ^^

Thanks, I forgot how much fun Skyrim was! :eek:

i opened 10 myself and ive heard people opening as many as 30 of em and nothing at all , seriously just all junk not worth the tokens at all. so much fail on this

You guys do realize that for an item to be considered "rare" it needs to have a very low percentage of appearing in Cartel packs. Did you expect to get a super duper prize every time? If everyone got the meditation chair on their first pack how much money would be made? How "rare" would that item then be. I would assume that each pack has a set % of generating a rare item. Each pack will have its own individual percentage roll. It doesn't matter if you buy 10 packs, 100 packs or a 1000 packs. The % to get an item is fixed for each pack. If you choose to gamble your Cartel Coins then don't moan when you don't get the item you want. Rather, be smart about it and wait until people sell it in two days on the GTN. (For the record I got a nice speeder in the only pack I bought...lucky me.)

It's funny that they most likely won't since they are actually having a different combat mechanics and it looks a lot more polished in it's alpha than Swtor is now... And Star Citizen haha can't say crap about that.

If you think ESO wont have a cash shop you arent following MMO trends at all. They will surely have a cash shop, and most likely rng boxes. Yet and still I cant wait. I will be among the first to sign up for beta next year.

You guys do realize that for an item to be considered "rare" it needs to have a very low percentage of appearing . . .. Did you expect to get a super duper prize every time?

1st Edition Shiny Charizard.... now THAT was rare.

Yes bring in the Texas Lottery commission to regulate them,,LOL I don't think the idea is to buy them like crazy :eek: just once in awhile for a fun chance to get something, kinda like the scratch offs, nothing is a given when you take a chance, and nothing in those boxes are "NEEDED" to play the game, some people find that kinda stuff fun, there is whole city in the west built on chance /shrug Edited by kevlarto

I actually expected a lot more from these packs. The first one I opened I received a pink-purple crystal and then I go to the fleet to see everyone and their companion with it.

How long were they working on these items? I mean... Glowing eyes, transparent armour, different coloured items, even emotes... Most of it just seems lazy.

It's going to be fun competing with the 100+ players on the GTN trying to sell my money bats and purple speeders.

Edited by Iggster

I already spend my 2500 coins, and then spent $39 on the package for 5500 more coins. There are a few things in the cartel market I really want, and I just haven't gotten them yet. I'll probably keep buying until I do. The stuff I don't need will end up in GTN.

Frankly, I'm their target customer for the cash store, and you aren't. I have plenty of disposable income and don't mind spending it here. $40? Thats nothing. On the other hand, a million credits in-game? That takes forever to grind, and something I simply hate with a passion,

So, quit the game (too bad you can't use gw2 as a threat any more, eh)... I don't really care, and I doubt Bioware does.

For the others still around, I'll help subsidize the games continued financial development for your benefit (as well as mine).... although I'd really appreciated if you grinded some dailies and bought my stuff on the GTN. I need the money. :)

Can't say anything about a game that doesn't yet exist. They have to raise the funding for Star Citizen to ever become reality.

As far as Elder Scrolls goes, I see unrealistic expectations from people already. The same buzz or more existed for this game and those people that thought it would be the best thing since sliced bread are usually the first to quit after their own expectations aren't reality.

I already spend my 2500 coins, and then spent $39 on the package for 5500 more coins. There are a few things in the cartel market I really want, and I just haven't gotten them yet. I'll probably keep buying until I do. The stuff I don't need will end up in GTN.

Frankly, I'm their target customer for the cash store, and you aren't. I have plenty of disposable income and don't mind spending it here. $40? Thats nothing. On the other hand, a million credits in-game? That takes forever to grind, and something I simply hate with a passion,

So, quit the game (too bad you can't use gw2 as a threat any more, eh)... I don't really care, and I doubt Bioware does.

For the others still around, I'll help subsidize the games continued financial development for your benefit (as well as mine).... although I'd really appreciated if you grinded some dailies and bought my stuff on the GTN. I need the money. :)

Awesome post :D