Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Things SWTOR forgot to copy from WoW

Obiwanwillpwnme

Is fletching in WoW? NO

Is it in TOR? NO

I WANT FLETCHING, BRING BACK ASHERONS CALL

I miss AC. Where night was night, and you camped out on a rock because you couldn't see jack squat and you didn't want to die a horrible death via a pack of reed sharks. And I miss the jitters of muling at my rock north of Holtburg.

PS WoW was stupid for not including fletching. And er, so is ToR. ;)

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Dungeon finder.

Finding a group and getting them all to the flashpoint takes too long, it's not fun so hardly anyone is playing flashpoints.

2) UI customisation.

Especially UI scaling. I play on a high-res monitor and the current UI is awful.

3) Group loot rules.

Don't let classes that can't use gear roll on it. It only causes grief, whether it was intentional or deliberate. WoW's 2-hour grace period for trading bound items with those eligible for them would have been nice, too.

4) Selecting PvP warzones.

Lots of people hate huttball. I know it helps reduce PvP queues, but melee classes hate it. I'd be much more likely to queue for PvP if I could knock it off the list.

5) Skills that level as you level.

Returning to a trainer every time you level up is not fun. It's a timesink.

6) Addons.

Especially DPS meters, or at least a combat log. I have no idea which of my skills/rotations are most effective which makes learning my class really hard. It's also very hard to analyse fights to work out what to avoid, which mob to kill first, what to interupt etc...

7) Guild storage.

Sharing materials and items with guildies is a big part of a successful guild. Currently this is reduced to asking/offering in guild chat, which is pretty tedious.

8) Achievements.

They were fun, quirky and added longevity to the game. A great way to spice up repetitive encounters and great personal goals for PvP.

9) Fishing.

Great way to pass the ti.. nevermind, maybe SWTOR is doing some things right.

Did you really just put fishing into this list?

Fishing?

Why in the hell would anyone find pleasure in fishing in a video game? Take your powder white skin outside and do some real fishing. I assure you, when that day comes, you will never pick up a rod in a video game ever again.

No to Dungeon Finder.

I love these SWTOR must be WOW in Space threads

1) Dungeon finder. - Wasnt in WOW for the First Few Years

2) UI customisation. - Incomming

3) Group loot rules. - Admit Needed

4) Selecting PvP warzones. - Wasnt in WOW in Begging

5) Skills that level as you level. - Again as above had to run to level up frostbolt every few levels

6) Addons. - 3rd Party Soon more then likly curse in a month or so

7) Guild storage. - Recent Year or so

8) Achievements. - Yawn while ok was boring after a while

9) Fishing. - Suppose you could fish with thermal detonators

While where there why not add Gearscore --- Want to raid oh sorry while you have done the last 7 years of raids youve been unlucky in drops so no we will take the 1 month old pvper instead

Most of the QQ threads that SWTOR hasnt got this over WOW seem to come from people who must have missed about the first 5 years of WOW

While i agree OP that the game does have a few bugs so does veery game at launch i really dont want to play the same format as WOW a balance between SWG and WOW would be nice but please lets see where BW go with it expecting it to have every feature the same as wow and you might as well should stay and play Panda's

1) Dungeon finder.

Finding a group and getting them all to the flashpoint takes too long, it's not fun so hardly anyone is playing flashpoints.

2) UI customisation.

Especially UI scaling. I play on a high-res monitor and the current UI is awful.

3) Group loot rules.

Don't let classes that can't use gear roll on it. It only causes grief, whether it was intentional or deliberate. WoW's 2-hour grace period for trading bound items with those eligible for them would have been nice, too.

Lots of people hate huttball. I know it helps reduce PvP queues, but melee classes hate it. I'd be much more likely to queue for PvP if I could knock it off the list.

6) Addons.

Especially DPS meters, or at least a combat log. I have no idea which of my skills/rotations are most effective which makes learning my class really hard. It's also very hard to analyse fights to work out what to avoid, which mob to kill first, what to interupt etc...

7) Guild storage.

Sharing materials and items with guildies is a big part of a successful guild. Currently this is reduced to asking/offering in guild chat, which is pretty tedious.

8) Achievements.

They were fun, quirky and added longevity to the game. A great way to spice up repetitive encounters and great personal goals for PvP.

9) Fishing.

1 I wish finding a group was easier, but I don't want a random dungeon finder like wow

2 I also with there was more ui customization. i bet they'll add it later

3 for one thing, wow got strict on loot rules because of randoms across servers. in normal mmo's, if someone does that, just boot them and never group with them again. it's not like you can't run the dungeon again. on server communities, that's how people become black listed

4 eh for ease in finding players, I like that you dont get to pick your warzone

5 skills that level as you level? like in wow? I'm torn on this.. I don't want a wow clone

6 addons? some are helpful. for the rest, l2p hehe

7 True no guild vault. I'm sure will be added

8 SWTOR has achievements

9 Don't want "fishing" in a star wars game

All in all, some of those features would be nice, but the overall theme from your post just sounds like you want a WOW CLONE.

I want a different and unique experience, not wow with lightsabers.

1) Dungeon finder.

2) UI customisation.

3) Group loot rules.

6) Addons.

7) Guild storage.

8) Achievements.

9) Fishing.

Besides fishing, wow did not have 1 single thing on your list at launch. SWTOR is a much more fleshed out game than wow was at launch... imagine what we will have 7 years from now.... lol flying cars maybe? why do i always want flying cars in the future........

6) Addons.

You can learn much of this through simple trial and error. Addons might be fun, but to learn how to analyze what to avoid, what to kill first, etc, you pick this up through good old fashioned combat experience.

:)

A lot of people seem to think that the LFG tool ruined WoW. It clearly didn't. What made people sit on their arses in Stormwind or Ironforge and ended up pretty much emptying the other zones was the teleporting part. Create a LFG tool that lets you pick your desired role (tank, heal, dps) and then simply creates the group for you, without teleporting you to the instance and back afterwards, and make sure it's not cross-realm. That way you'll have a pretty good tool for those of us who don't feel like standing around idling in some town spamming the LFG channel for hours once the initial launch hysteria (with people leveling everywhere) has died down. Edited by Meatrose

Besides fishing, wow did not have 1 single thing on your list at launch. SWTOR is a much more fleshed out game than wow was at launch... imagine what we will have 7 years from now.... lol flying cars maybe? why do i always want flying cars in the future........

Technically you already have flying cars in game, the land speeders...

Wow 7 years ago has nothing to do with this game now, most of this stuff shouldn't have made it past the beta, it just showed a lack of effort on their part.

1) Dungeon finder.

2) UI customisation.

3) Group loot rules.

6) Addons.

7) Guild storage.

8) Achievements.

9) Fishing.

Number 3 6 & 8 i can live without. Wow became less fun with alot of annoying achivement requirements, addons who told my gearscore to people who required outgearing content before inviting you.

More loot rules is just holding hands tbh. a true mmo shouldn't even use loot rules.

Wow 7 years ago has nothing to do with this game now, most of this stuff shouldn't have made it past the beta, it just showed a lack of effort on their part.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you 12? Bugs always get through testing.

Now if the same bugs are still here in say 2-3 months time, then I'll be upset (as I was in WoW when they took YEARS to get arcane missiles working... between other things)

Welcome to Real Life

Oh, another rehashed thread! Awesome.

The UI scaling would be nice but its very usable as it is for now. There is a lfg system on the who tab of your social panel, and it works great, just needs a little time for people to get the hang of it and to start using it regularly. Some of your complaints are things that people would like to see eventually, and I'm sure we will. Be patient, or leave the game for now and come back when it suits you better. I'm happy to play and be part of the game as it evolves and grows.

Everything you said there, except for fishing.

DID NOT LAUNCH WITH WOW.

I played it for 5 years btw.

That's because it evolved! You are talking about a game that came out in 2004, of course. TOR released in 2011, big difference and more of a reason to have some of these features. Every game that launches has learned much from others in the past, including WoW.

Oh, another rehashed thread! Awesome.

The UI scaling would be nice but its very usable as it is for now. There is a lfg system on the who tab of your social panel, and it works great, just needs a little time for people to get the hang of it and to start using it regularly. Some of your complaints are things that people would like to see eventually, and I'm sure we will. Be patient, or leave the game for now and come back when it suits you better. I'm happy to play and be part of the game as it evolves and grows.

The LFG tool that they have only groups people in the same zone together. If I want to run a flashpoint aboard the Imperial Fleet, there's no way for others in different zones to see that. THIS is why we need a LFG tool that's more robust. Plain and f'ing simple.

That's because it evolved! You are talking about a game that came out in 2004, of course. TOR released in 2011, big difference and more of a reason to have some of these features. Every game that launches has learned much from others in the past, including WoW.

TOR already has more and better features than WoW, like AoE looting, companions, VO quests, multi point binding recall and many more

Don't really see your point

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.