Good Job SWTOR

btsager

Yes, restrictions should be softer.

Here's the thing: this cash shop is very good. I've been playing a certain other game for the past few months, and its store is, well, really pathetic. It's RNG boxes drop absolute garbage. The CC shop, on the other hand, has a ton of stuff I'd be interested in buying. The crime packs drop some really cool stuff!

In other words, as someone posted on another site earlier, they don't need to have these restrictions to "force" people to spend money. This is a cash shop where folks will actually buy a lot of the optional stuff. I think that if they eliminated 2 or 3 of the more harsh restrictions - quickbars, artifact usage, maybe medical probes - they'd have a lot more F2Pers enjoying the game to a much greater degree and a lot more of them would drop a lot more money on some of this stuff. Heck, they can't even actually use some of the cash shop stuff as F2Pers, so why would they buy it?

Drop some of those strict limitations - at least the quickbar thing, maybe another one or two - and they'd have something very successful here, in my opinion.

This this this a thousand times this. It wouldn't take much, the F2P model EAware has chosen does have serious potential and I also really like the cartel shop. A few tweaks would make a world of difference and bring it from "technically free but you have to pay to not fail at the game" to "level 1-50 storyline experience is free, what an awesome free trial guys!"

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, restrictions should be softer.

Here's the thing: this cash shop is very good. I've been playing a certain other game for the past few months, and its store is, well, really pathetic. It's RNG boxes drop absolute garbage. The CC shop, on the other hand, has a ton of stuff I'd be interested in buying. The crime packs drop some really cool stuff!

In other words, as someone posted on another site earlier, they don't need to have these restrictions to "force" people to spend money. This is a cash shop where folks will actually buy a lot of the optional stuff. I think that if they eliminated 2 or 3 of the more harsh restrictions - quickbars, artifact usage, maybe medical probes - they'd have a lot more F2Pers enjoying the game to a much greater degree and a lot more of them would drop a lot more money on some of this stuff. Heck, they can't even actually use some of the cash shop stuff as F2Pers, so why would they buy it?

Drop some of those strict limitations - at least the quickbar thing, maybe another one or two - and they'd have something very successful here, in my opinion.

Plus Legacies. Sorry, but with this update, legacies are now available at lvl 10. Okay, if it's at lvl 10, why can't the free players SEE their last name above their head for others to see? Stuff like that, or showing titles, which is just a title for crying out loud "Padawan Jirra" for example. I mean, you have to make people pay for that? Lame. 1 or 2 big ones and 4 small ones and you'd have a model well on its way to being successful. It's all there, but atm with what's in place, it's a brick wall!

Plus Legacies. Sorry, but with this update, legacies are now available at lvl 10. Okay, if it's at lvl 10, why can't the free players SEE their last name above their head for others to see? Stuff like that, or showing titles, which is just a title for crying out loud "Padawan Jirra" for example. I mean, you have to make people pay for that? Lame. 1 or 2 big ones and 4 small ones and you'd have a model well on its way to being successful. It's all there, but atm with what's in place, it's a brick wall!

Well i think we got our point accross. But Let's not forget that the point of this post is to thank BW and be positive about the game (For once, too much negativity on these forums)

But i agree with you.

Edited by sarazoul

Well i think we got our point accross. Let's not forget that the point of the this post is to thank BW and be positive (For once, too much negativity on these forums)

But i agree with you.

Look, I'm all for SWTOR, and I continue to be. But when I have to sell it to new people and they hit a brick wall, I can't just sit here because I think we can all agree we're all tired of being alone and without our friends.

Yep good job with those UI restrictions and Premium-free to play options that are utterly a nickle and dime them to death routine. Least us subbers wont hafta worry bout them for long. Great Job!

For subbers it is a sexy patch and feels right. I feel sorry for the rest.

Edited by Ungodlyomen

/Signed and /Resigned :)

Note: no negative critics toward the game were harmed by the posting of this thread topic. :D

Lol...

And /signed...nice to see so much positive feedback and from what I read on the boards this morning, Section X even seems to be breathing some life into OWPvP...good job BW. And kudos to a positive thread :)

Driz

I will be impressed if this game lasts another 1-2 years in this f2p model

LOL. my thoughts too. maybe less than 6 months but hey Why not right. we all love the game. Want a bigger community. Lets drive away new people and old people with the restrictions and the pay now or **** attitude . That makes a game last longer. Ftw! Go team Swtor.

Good news is Us subbers dont hafta worry bout the freeps being here long though. thank god. After they see the restriction Theyll be off to another game in less than a week! way to go! team swtor!

I may or may not be your target audience Bioware. But I just wanted to share this with you.

Before the F2P announcement I was on the fence as far as whether or not I should resub. I avoided buying the game until it hit 15 bucks, was VERY disappointed with the game in Beta and the state of the game after launch.

Then you announced F2P, put it up on the PTS and I gave it a whirl...I was sold.

I really cant express how much I hate...hate...im using the word hate here....HATE huge money sinks. Yes, I know they are needed, but they get in the way of my casual fun.

The legacy unlocks with cartel coins provides me the goodies without giving me overpowered I win button type items, which works for me. I like convenience, I don't want the game handed to me.

And I dont have to grind the coins.

Not only did you get me to sub, you got me to set aside 40 bucks for a slew of coins.

Good job guys. If you can get me to go from boredom and frustration, little to no chance of subbing to a sub AND extra coin purchase I think your going to do really well.

Just my two cents.

Now THIS, from this poster is high praise indeed....good job BW.

Kudos to you Sir aswell, very few detractors would have the integrity to make such a post, even if the F2P model did turn their opinions of the game around...

/lick

Driz

I agree ..... Mercs need nerfing.

I'm just jesting.

They do need to "fix" them soon. I know people complained about Tracer Missile/Grav Round spam but they spanked them with the nerf whip a bit too much.

I don't even play the class, I just feel sorry for them.

Lol...we Mercs are the Shadow Warriors from WAR all over again....

Driz

Yeah, good job, the good work you did. Keep your hard work and look forward for the future. But be open for contructive and friendly critic from every player who is willed to give you his Expirience in a good and objectiv way :) Edited by Rawyen

Why are all the forum posters either cheap suck ups or angry WoW fanboys, no one seems to be taking the time to look at it from an impatial point.

The current f2p model is hugely flawed, let us forget about returning playings coming to level 50s they cannot use, let us look at this from a new player perspective.

Level 1-50 never grouping, playing warzones or really do any operations or flashpoints. All seems well, then you pay at level 50, suddenly you realise you cannot do any content without 7 other people, you have not learned how gear works, how to customise gear, you have not learned how the true MMO roles work as you have been isolated from the community, you do not know how to use your class at all because of all the slot restrictions and lack of communications with other players and more importantly you do not know how to work with people in warzones, flashpoints or operations.

Now unless you somehow become lucky and a guild takes pity on you takes you in, gives you gear, teaches you how to play the game including your class, customisation, crew skills, how to group, how to pve and pvp correctly, essentially meaning you have level 50s who have never learned to play the game. Do you really think people will be willing to do that for a fresh wave of players? of course not, the community is so damn fickle it is unbelievable, I have played Marauder since beta, I always used anihilation, top players knew I was the best solo dps, but yet people were on forums whineing the class sucked so whole groups of players were not accepting marauders into guilds, warzones and operations when infact it was the best class all along!

All this is going to do is create a massive divide with unskilled players not knowing how to play the game dragging down warzones and operations as pugs who have no idea what they are doing with a community who sees them as scum which will only lead to them quitting the game thus making f2p a pointless endevour.

Pro Tip: Restrict exp gain, market trades and number of warzones/operations. With other hinderences such as slower unlock of mounts and sprint (even if you do level 15 sprint with 25 first mount like it was to start) do not restrict core aspects of the game making an MMO and solo RPG for f2p as they will never get into end game content.

I have been off this game since before June... What can i say i am playing from launch up to june averagely 12 hours/day, i and my huge (in numbers) guild left in bitterness i came back yesterday in fact i resubbed for 2 months to try the game, and i am surprised, the game looks a lot more complete now! I am actually thinking of getting my guild back to swtor and quit PandaWoW which is a total dailies grinding -waste of time.

I will say good job for making this game a bit interesting again but because i love Star Wars i am going to criticize you a bit in order to help you further improve the game, simply because there's always room for improvement

* I think it would be very positive if you removed the quickslot restrictions

* Add several dynamic pve-pvp hybrid events that happen on random planets

* Try to satisfy all your customers from casuals to hardcore by giving both easy and difficult content

And lastly, one bitter thought here, IF this game (1.5) came 1 month after the launch then almost none would have left and you would probably have more players. But anyways, i am hopping and i think that you have been taught valuable lessons and now you will make the correct decisions to expand this game, you already did a correct decision with F2P and cartel store.

Edited by doomgiver

you DO realize that with this one forum, there's at least 2 dozen others that are pointing out the FAILS you have attributed? And where's your response to them, eh? You can't just placate and blow smoke to your supporters, you have to address naysayers as well, otherwise your integrity goes OUT the window! ... Oh wait.

If the 'negative' crowd actually spoke with respect and didn't post some of the most 4chan like venomous posts in the forums, they might actually get responses, I frankly do not blame them at all.

If the 'negative' crowd actually spoke with respect and didn't post some of the most 4chan like venomous posts in the forums, they might actually get responses, I frankly do not blame them at all.

/agreed

Many of the negative posts have 4chan written all over them and I do not blame the devs for not responding to these types of posts at all.

Driz

Same here. I dropped off back in May, but I kept subscribing all this time hoping for some new content that wasn't just ops, flashpoints, or PVP. This is the update that finally got me excited about playing again. Very cool!

I'm with the other posters - bring a Space Exploration / Trading / Combat game similar to Freelancer, Taikodon, etc. and maybe some mini-games like survival modes, pod racing, etc. and this game will be PERFECT!

As it is, it's not bad, and I'm perfectly happy to continue subscribing. I hope it just keeps getting better. Thanks and keep up the good work!

/agreed

Many of the negative posts have 4chan written all over them and I do not blame the devs for not responding to these types of posts at all.

Driz

Not only that i have read some of the forums and these negative posters just like them post half truth's and outright false information,,but when they find something they seize it,it's rather dissapointing seeing youth be so cynical over a game,it used to be good to have the youth be that way,not anymore,but then again the youth back in the day didnt sit behind a computer and post anon,they were in the streets carrying a sign,these kids are just cowards in my eyes.