Resurrecting Vader (from death). Star Wars episode 7, already ruined.

Darth_Urtani

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he could resist the Emperor and Vader trying to turn him, then I don't see Luke falling to the darkside.

It's definitely possible. Like many heroes, Luke could be slowly turning into the one thing he has sworn to destroy. It's very easy to become the thing you are trying to destroy after many years of dedication to the task. It's what happened to Anakin, but he was manipulated from an outside source. Luke's path just may take him down that road as well.

I think it's fair to point out that Luke is human, after all. And the threat of the Dark Side is ever present, no matter the conviction or resolve of the Force sensitive who wields it.

I agree that ressurecting Vader sounds totally lame.

BUT it's important to point out that the screenwriter is Michael Arndt - one of the best screenwriters in Hollywood at the moment. This gives me extremely high hopes for the next SW-film, no matter how stupid the plot might sound.

honestly SW 7 is still being written, we can jump all over the place until we see a finished product. Rumors will be flying all over before anything is really concrete. For all we know, vader will show up and talk to luke or perhaps luke and vader will show up a lot and teach/guide the new person.

It's definitely possible. Like many heroes, Luke could be slowly turning into the one thing he has sworn to destroy. It's very easy to become the thing you are trying to destroy after many years of dedication to the task. It's what happened to Anakin, but he was manipulated from an outside source. Luke's path just may take him down that road as well.

I think it's fair to point out that Luke is human, after all. And the threat of the Dark Side is ever present, no matter the conviction or resolve of the Force sensitive who wields it.

True, but if he could resist the Emperor who was pulling his strings to turn him to the darkside like he did with Anakin. Then if he does turn to the darkside, it had better be something significant.

it wouldn't just be turning to the dark side this is luke some 40 years later. It also fits with what Lucas said he wanted to always do which is have Luke turn to the Dark Side.

So over the course of the next 40 years with out any guidence Luke is struggling with the Dark Side. He ends up becoming what he fought against. Sort of like how Harry Osborne ends up becoming Green Goblin.

Too bad Luke was under a crapton of guidence after rebuilding the Jedi Order via holocrons and a few force ghost / locations with a strong connection to the force being encountered.

Too bad Luke was under a crapton of guidence after rebuilding the Jedi Order via holocrons and a few force ghost / locations with a strong connection to the force being encountered.

none of that matters now that they are rewritting everything after ROTJ.

even still Anakin had the entire Jedi Counsul and Yoda guiding him and he still fell.

Perhaps its the fate of all Skywalkers to fall.

Edited by sstanks

none of that matters now that they are rewritting everything after ROTJ.

even still Anakin had the entire Jedi Counsul and Yoda guiding him and he still fell.

Perhaps its the fate of all Skywalkers to fall.

Except Anakin had the master manipulator pulling his strings.

Except Anakin had the master manipulator pulling his strings.

and who is to say there won't be an unseen force influencing Luke?'

it's obviously not going to be he wakes up one day and decides to be evil, or he gets out of his bed and hits his head and suddnely starts using force lighting.

That article is pure nonsense. So they were tipped off by "industry insiders" only days after a director was chosen, and started to form IDEAS for a new script? Not even the writer knows who is in the story yet, let alone these imaginary "insiders".

Get used to this people, there will be rumours like this until Episode VII comes out. Just sit tight. :)

You dont even know what your talking about it seems because no director has been chosen yet.And the guy who is writing Episode 7 has already handed in a 50 page story treatment....Well past the ideas stage now.

Edited by Girdeux

I doubt there is much validity in this article, we hear all kinds of silly rumors when new movies are about to be made, and alot of the time they turn out to be nothing more than speculation or some nobody trying to get attention. That being said it would be ridiculous to bring Vader back, his story ended exactly as it was supposed to, and adding anything to it would just make it cheesy. I personally am hoping that Disney and Lucas are smarter than that, just give us a new villian, and for that fact all new characters, if you must bring characters from the original's in then do so in a limited capacity and use them only as guides of some sort for the new characters, and if Vader must make an appearance then for heaven's sake make it in a Sith Holocron or archive not in some silly resurrection story worse yet as some sort of pretender Vader.

There hasn't been any confirmation concerning this yet, right? If not, I'm just hoping this is false info. Otherwise I'm calling non-canon.

Vader's end is perfect in RotJ, bring him back is worse than Palpatine's return in Dark Empire.

I agree entirely with this.

Dude something tells me his return will be pretty awesome. Imagine the fans in the cinema when they see him and the Empire march is in the background.

And though I agree with this that it would be pretty awesome to watch, I believe it would be absolutely terrible in terms of plot.

Edited by Emperor_Kakashi

Anyone ever heard of flashbacks? He could be used in dream sequences like when Anakin dreamt of Padme's death. He became a sprit didn't he? We saw him at the end with Obi-wan, and Yoda. He could be like Obi-wan and go on teaching and mentoring in spirit. But that does raise one more point: I hope it isn't Hayden.

Since the only person that has been chosen is Ardent for the writer, I'm sure it's just musings at this point. Much like it started of with Luke Starkiller and there was no Han Solo. Chewbacca was more of a Man-Thing and C-3PO was had a female frame and personality. Everyone used lightsabers and tower shields. So a lot can change from pre-visualization to actual production.

Edited by Thylbanus

NO, Vader's end is perfect in RotJ, bring him back is worse than Palpatine's return in Dark Empire.

This. I am completely against "resurrection" as it stands. The only way I could accept Vader being in the movie is if its events took place before return of the Jedi.

ps. Vader already appeared as a force ghost at the end of RoTJ. Retcon THAT, will you Disney?

I just hope the word "resurrect" was badly chosen.

Edited by Karkais

If this is one day officially confirmed, then will have lost all hope for the new star wars movies. I mean I had low expectations to begin with, but this is just the most redicioulus thing I have EVER heard. Vader is dead, he had a great run, begin good, evil and then somewhat good again, but to bring him back will ruin the entire story from the previous movies.

Disney knows every star wars fan out there loves Vader, so now they think that bringing him back will make the a **** load of money...its so sad.

Anyone ever heard of flashbacks? He could be used in dream sequences like when Anakin dreamt of Padme's death. He became a sprit didn't he? We saw him at the end with Obi-wan, and Yoda. He could be like Obi-wan and go on teaching and mentoring in spirit. But that does raise one more point: I hope it isn't Hayden

They could use him like that..but in the article it is said that “The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films.” Id say that playing a significant is more than just a flashback. Im sure they will find some lame idea to explain his return, good forbid he is some sort of psycho clone..I can just see people hanging themselfs in the theatres over this.

Anyone ever heard of flashbacks? He could be used in dream sequences like when Anakin dreamt of Padme's death. He became a sprit didn't he? We saw him at the end with Obi-wan, and Yoda. He could be like Obi-wan and go on teaching and mentoring in spirit. But that does raise one more point: I hope it isn't Hayden.

Since the only person that has been chosen is Ardent for the writer, I'm sure it's just musings at this point. Much like it started of with Luke Starkiller and there was no Han Solo. Chewbacca was more of a Man-Thing and C-3PO was had a female frame and personality. Everyone used lightsabers and tower shields. So a lot can change from pre-visualization to actual production.

I agree people really need to relax and stop taking every rumor at face value.