Quit teasing us and give us f2p/1.5 already!

PoliteAssasin

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what games you play. I simply want SWTOR to attract and keep some people. Without people, an MMO is worthless.

You have a weird idea of what it means for an MMO to "keep some people." That some subscribers go pick up Halo 4 tomorrow doesn't mean the game is losing players to Halo.

You have a weird idea of what it means for an MMO to "keep some people." That some subscribers go pick up Halo 4 tomorrow doesn't mean the game is losing players to Halo.

It erodes the game for those who do NOT pick up Halo 4 tomorrow. That's the point I'm trying to make. While I'm sure most will return, Halo will certainly erode the player base short-term, and until new content is added, some of those who leave, will not return. Conversely, some of those who do NOT pick up Halo will find it harder to complete things in-game and will also leave to something else.

A dwindling player base is not a good thing for an MMO.

we were supposed to get hk in 1.4...not 1.5...the only reason we even got tfb was at the demand of execs over devs "opinions"

this is their livelihood...need to pick up the efficiency...or maybe we should be making pitches to Disney...see if they or Blizzard would be willing to do the job right

Also LOVE the fact we still haven't seen any other "event" type content since the last lil cartel crap that was beyong worthless...awesome jobs

It erodes the game for those who do NOT pick up Halo 4 tomorrow. That's the point I'm trying to make. While I'm sure most will return, Halo will certainly erode the player base short-term, and until new content is added, some of those who leave, will not return. Conversely, some of those who do NOT pick up Halo will find it harder to complete things in-game and will also leave to something else.

A dwindling player base is not a good thing for an MMO.

Jesus Christ. Complaining about gamers playing more than one game is dumb. We're in the middle of AAA season right now. A large portion of the subscriber base has already been playing other games for the past several months! Plus, it seems like MMO players usually play all of them, at least for a little while.

NEW GAMES COME OUT ALL THE TIME. This is a fact of life. I'm sorry that you can't deal with people playing multiple games.

Jesus Christ. Complaining about gamers playing more than one game is dumb. We're in the middle of AAA season right now. A large portion of the subscriber base has already been playing other games for the past several months! Plus, it seems like MMO players usually play all of them, at least for a little while.

NEW GAMES COME OUT ALL THE TIME. This is a fact of life. I'm sorry that you can't deal with people playing multiple games.

Heh i agree thats pretty funny. One guy plays only 1 game / mmo at a time so everyone else must. I can confess to playing wow , Rift, TF2, TL + TL2 , planetside 2 beta, mech warrior online beta, Rift SL beta xD oh yeah and swtor again. (canceled wow back in january and rift last month) Pretty much at the same time. And i'm sure i played some free to play ragnarok online, and 2 nexon games in the middle of all that too :p

Think with the deal between Lucas and Disney being finalize tomorrow think its waiting to see what disney wants to do with the ip really.

Ya I don't think so. When a company is being bought, people just don't stop what they are doing to 'see what happens'. They continue there normal day to day routine till they are told to stop.

Sure it does. You seem to be missing my point. Running off to play Halo 4 DOES contribute to the erosion of this game because it is an MMO and MMOs depend on players. Any factor that removes you from THIS game, hurts it. Single player games, MMOs...it doesn't matter. The pace of development by Bioware is contributing to the "erosion" because there's nothing new for players to do. Lack of new content diminishes player interest in this game and your motivation to log back in also declines.

Your subscription status doesn't bother me - removing yourself from the player pool does. Without something to bring you back to this game, that erosion continues with every new game released and that continual erosion takes it's toll as those players fail to log back into SWTOR.

And no. Your bio breaks are, hopefully, a very short term removal. If it's something that prevents you from logging back in for days on end, I suggest you seek medical help.

In the short term maybe, but i've noticed most people who go off to play the latest single player game come back after a few weeks once they beat the game....

In the short term maybe, but i've noticed most people who go off to play the latest single player game come back after a few weeks once they beat the game....

And it may not even take that long! I can usually get through your average single-player game in a few days, and a week at the most.

Who do you think is more likely to stick around long-term and not be a jerk in-game: the people who do nothing but play SWTOR all the time for months at a time or the people who have a healthy, balanced gaming habit in which they play multiple games a year?

I don't understand why they can't just put it on the market.

First we had everything come out. Then Legacy was coming soon. I was like oh great. I get to use all this stuff to encourage ALT growth. It was misdirection.

We had to pay nearly a million to unlock all the options and it was only for one alt.

Now its changed to Cartel Shop. Less then a year and we've transformed and changed. It's really taking the fun out of the game to have wait and see when they're done. Sad thing we won't even get the new companion till shop is open even though its ready now.

Because they'd like to profit off people by making non subs pay for the game.

So... confirming that you guys lied about the frequency of game updates?

Nice.

1. I dislike the way BW/EA has handled the game.

2. I really dislike when certain characters lie about other people. Like this comment above. They said "about" every 6 weeks.

NOT every 6 weeks set in stone.

So do try to keep up.... and an apology seems necessary... but will we get it? is he man enuf?

So... confirming that you guys lied about the frequency of game updates?

Nice.

They said their goal would be to release content every 6 weeks after FTP launches.

I actually don't mind if 1.5 got pushed back to release within next week.

" Our initial aim is for something as close to every six weeks as we can get."

Source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-game-update-1.4-terror-beyond

If it releases next Monday (earliest possible, given nothing this week) that would be 6 weeks and 5 days. It' s more than likely Tuesday, so that's 6 weeks and 6 days. I don't see six weeks and 6 days as "close" Close would be 6 weeks and 2 days. Nothing more than 6 weeks and 4 days.

If it releases next Monday (earliest possible, given nothing this week) that would be 6 weeks and 5 days. It' s more than likely Tuesday, so that's 6 weeks and 6 days. I don't see six weeks and 6 days as "close" Close would be 6 weeks and 2 days. Nothing more than 6 weeks and 4 days.

Sigh, "close" as you define it : =2 days. Others could define it as close=7 weeks instead of 6.

Not much else to say.. we have a skimmer here.. only a skimmer... :(

And did you read the next sentence?
I’d promise an exact schedule, but in a live game we need some flexibility as the stability of the service trumps the release of an update on a particular date.
Edited by Pjats

Jeepers. You sure are anal about this.

We are very close to the six week window of new content. I can't see BW/EA failing to make the first target they set themselves. Else what hope do they have when the pressure is really on and they haven't had 4 months of work on a new companion or species. Edited by Costello

"Close" being under 3.5 days (I was generous with 4) is accurate to what I laid out. Anything above 3.5 days would be 7 weeks. If this is the case the correct thing to say is "close to 7 weeks."

I 100% understand that a build might not be stable and there is some flexibility needed to push releases out. But when you say "close to 6 weeks" and when you break down the sentence "close" cannot be attributed to over 3.5 days in the context of a given week, then something is amiss here.

Of course the reprisals will be "your close is not my close." That is certainly a valid counter-point. However, when we're talking about a specific time interval (6 weeks) I do believe a day allocation to that week, using a promixity definition of "close" is extremely appropriate.

In other words, in the contexts of the sentence, the flexibility conditional in the statement can be argued to be 1-3.4 days, given the linguistic contextuals at play here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.