Fishing in Star Wars

JoeeyyMagzz

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fishing

That website contains some information about fishing in the Star Wars universe. Why is this, as well as an assortment of other minigames, not in the game yet?

I honestly hate fishing in MMO's, but I know a ton of people love to do it. So, why not just add it to the game and give people something else to do besides stand around on the fleet waiting for queue's to pop for hours on end?

I would probably even fish in this game so as not to stand around on the fleet and see all of the political/nonsensical chatter in General chat.

Come to think of it, I don't think I can recall anywhere in the SW movies where they were ever in more than knee-deep water. Except for the mysterious dip in the trash compactor.

Dagobah, although it was a swamp, but still that was deep. Sank the whole X-wing. Also not shown I guess but Naboo has a lot of little bodies of water which I am sure were deep. Just never saw anyone in it. Oh the Gungan city was under the water and was deep. Episode 1.

Come to think of it, I don't think I can recall anywhere in the SW movies where they were ever in more than knee-deep water. Except for the mysterious dip in the trash compactor.

SW1 - Qui Gon & Obi Wan swim underwater to Gungan city :)

Otherwise, no more copying WoW please... :mon_trap:

We can't swimming on swtor, so I think a fishing system is sci-fiction for swtor :D

You couldn't fish in the Original Star Wars MMO, yet it had fishing since it launched nearly 10 years ago. In fact, it had a pretty in-depth fishing system at the time.

Otoh Gunga style, HEYYYYYYYY sithy ladies. (had to)

What would you do with said "fish" in this game anyway? RE them?

Win prizes for your amazing catches. Or maybe be able to fish out that rare crystal that is impossible to get any other way and is super rare. Or maybe fish out some old boots that are amazingly adaptive to your class.

Fishing, or whatever of the kind, I'd be all for it. The game seriously lacks non-combat activities. It's the entire non-heroic blabla crap the devs applied to suggestions like that during beta, what makes the majority of me and my guild now only log in for raiding, and get our gametime elsewhere. SWTOR has a lot to catch up in terms of that, non-combat activities are a must.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.