Disney to aquire Lucasfilm!

Etapi

Storyline of the Avengers:

Aliens!

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Teamup!

an hour of mind-numbing comicbook violence

Yay! We SAVED THE WOOOORRRRLD!!!

If it means Scarlett Johansson has to get into the Leia slave girl outfit and perform kung-fu, I'm totally for it.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it means Scarlett Johansson has to get into the Leia slave girl outfit and perform kung-fu, I'm totally for it.

I second this motion.

Scarlett Johansson + 1 Slave Girl bikini = Shut up and take my money.

Clearly this math cannot be argued with.

Not exactly, while I agree that the Avengers was a decent film, it was hardly an original story. Superheroes teaming up to stop the bad guys/aliens using a mystical device create a portal that summons an alien armada has been done before (e.g. Transformers 3) and will be done again. The action scenes where extremely good but nowadays impressive CGI is nothing special, throw enough money at something at its bound to happen..

Star Wars is anything but unoriginal. Name one film that has the Force, lightsabers, Wookies (and all the other species lucas invented) a smorgasbord of planets - all unique and original, I could go on. Saying nothing in Star Wars is unoriginal is just incorrect. And plotholes? What plotholes?

So anything that is unoriginal isn't good? Should Hollywood just stop making films since almost all movies aren't original anymore?

So anything that is unoriginal isn't good? Should Hollywood just stop making films since almost all movies aren't original anymore?

yea thats a problem,,if we can imagine it,,they have prolly already shown that in a movie somewhere

so ,, we naturally get more "reruns ",,,on the bright side: now i have TWO conan flicks,,the new is okay too

and honestly,,with new management , and new technology,,i wouldnt mind a TOTAL remake of 1-6 too:D

No, of course not. But unoriginal films will never be great, they can be good but not great. Great films are always unique. That why Star Wars is a great film, because its unique.

I'd rather not...you don't just remake something like Star Wars..

it WILL happen ,,sooner or later,,but they could easily wait 20 years,,they have so much other stuff first

and i think they will be good too,,disney know their job,,seeing their list of work is reassuring:)

And plotholes? What plotholes?

in Star Wars? Seriously? There are so many plot holes in Episodes 1 and 2 that some people question whether the movies even have plots.

Honestly, I would view a reboot of Star Wars like I treat the reboot of everything else. I would hold the original material separate from it in my mind and enjoy the new material on its own merits.

A remake of Episode IV would not hinder my enjoyment of the original.

One thing that should be noted is Disney forgot how to make movies a few yrs back. If pixar didnt help them make it theres a 50 50 chance its gonna be crap. Wreck it Ralph seems to be an exception. So they wised up and decided to buy everyone who still knows how to make movies.

Marvel was already doing avengers and the other super hero movies, so they grabbed them up. Avengers paid for the cost of buying marvel on its on.

Anything star was is money. Just as well try to buy lucas films. Not many folks realize that (as risky as it is) people actually have disney in their retirement portfolio..so its one of those..they better do something !

I doubt it will have any impact on SWTOR since the old republic is Bioware's licence afaik. Becides, if they want a proper story they should probably hire BW to write it (along with the fight scenes) :p

Also lucasfilm is not the same as lucasarts (who are the games side of things).

Anyway it seems to be the indie and suprise films with smaller budgets that are the best these days, not the big budget stuff :/

Edited by NasherUK

One thing that should be noted is Disney forgot how to make movies a few yrs back. If pixar didnt help them make it theres a 50 50 chance its gonna be crap. Wreck it Ralph seems to be an exception. So they wised up and decided to buy everyone who still knows how to make movies.

Marvel was already doing avengers and the other super hero movies, so they grabbed them up. Avengers paid for the cost of buying marvel on its on.

Anything star was is money. Just as well try to buy lucas films. Not many folks realize that (as risky as it is) people actually have disney in their retirement portfolio..so its one of those..they better do something !

Pixar is Disney now. Pixar's people became Disney's movie people when they were 'bought'. It was really a merger.

I doubt it will have any impact on SWTOR since the old republic is Bioware's licence afaik. Becides, if they want a proper story they should probably hire BW to write it (along with the fight scenes) :p

Also lucasfilm is not the same as lucasarts (who are the games side of things).

Anyway it seems to be the indie and suprise films with smaller budgets that are the best these days, not the big budget stuff :/

Technically, they are. Lucasarts is a subsidiary of Lucasfilm.

This also means that people in LF will have power in Disney.

A friend of mine who works for Disney said it's one of the things that bugged him a bit about Marvel's merge, because they actually pushed out some of the management at Disney so that Marvel people could take their place and they're not shy about calling the shots.

I hear you and i'd also like to say too late! That fat guy remade his first 3 movies atleast 3 times..but anyway yeah i'm burnt out on remakes myself. Why not a old republic movie or even better why not a legacy of the force set of movies. why do i have to see what was already made over again just with better special effects.

There so much other content out there than what we've already seen like 100 times.

Lucas is going to donate the entire proceeds of this sale to an education foundation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227949/Star-Wars-creator-George-Lucas-donate-4billion-Disney-deal-charity.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Nicely done George! Nice to see a billionarie pay it forward.

yea,,he really set a good example there

PS: phantom menace made TWICE the outcome of ESB and RoTJ??:eek:

i was stunned:rak_02:

Pixar is Disney now. Pixar's people became Disney's movie people when they were 'bought'. It was really a merger.

i didnt have to state that because that happened yrs ago. its the the same thing. they forgot how to make movies or forgot how to innovate and so they just aquire innovation and imagination.

This also means that people in LF will have power in Disney.

A friend of mine who works for Disney said it's one of the things that bugged him a bit about Marvel's merge, because they actually pushed out some of the management at Disney so that Marvel people could take their place and they're not shy about calling the shots.

With disneys recent track record that isnt a bad thing at all !