Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga

First though regarding the stat-boost and XP-gain, a simple solution could be that legacy datacron unlocks are only available to level 50 players.

Nice post, oofalong, may I call you "oofa"? ;)

After thinking about your idea for a while I can say that this would, at least, be a compromise cuz like you said, at Level 50 it won't be that much of a shock due to the gear available at that point.

PS - My ridiculous idea list was made intentionally ridiculous. ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post, oofalong, may I call you "oofa"? ;)

After thinking about your idea for a while I can say that this would, at least, be a compromise cuz like you said, at Level 50 it won't be that much of a shock due to the gear available at that point.

PS - My ridiculous idea list was made intentionally ridiculous. ;)

Oof or Oofa is fine :)

I knew you knew your ridiculous examples were ridiculous, which gave me license to refer to them in the same way so thanks for that.

I would love to see this get worked into the Legacy system!

I haven't played in about 6 months now, and sadly it seems the Legacy has completely fallen away from notice with not a single new thing added to it... =/

The Legacy wide Datacrons are something a couple of friends and I have talked about several times too, the first time getting the Datacrons is fun, the second is... ugh, and the third - pretty much not happening for me...

I could live with it being a Cartel Coins unlocked feature too.

Edited by Rhevar

I agree to this strongly

It should be 2 Perks for it,one in the Republic side and the other on the Imperial side.The Perk should be unlock the same concept as the HK-51 Perk.You would need at least one character from the Republic faction to get all the Datacrons (Except the +10) to unlock the Datacrons for every Republic character by using Cartel Coin or Credits.For the Imperial faction it would be the same thing you need at least one character from the fraction to get ALL the Datacrons(Except the +10 Datacron on the Fleet) on each planets to unlock Perk for every character in that fraction.

/SIGNED

OMG... I have all but 2 on my Main including the +10 and I will tell you I will NEVER hunt for those for my other toons. Let me pass on all my work to my alts! Isn't that the basis for Legacy in the first place?

And I totally agree wit RevixVennox.

/signed.

Didn't make it through all the posts but I have an idea for people who think it'd be OP:

1) The option should unlock the benefits of already having found the datacrons

2) To prevent low level characters from being OP, have them unlock at certain levels or all at 50.

3) This would allow players to manually grab the datacrons they need without having to waste time grabbing the ones they'd like to have but would be foolish due to the colossal amount of time it takes.

4) Boost the experience gain from manually finding datacrons so there is still more incentive.

Someone mentioned in another thread that the unlock should be like HK's legacy unlock which is perfect rationale imo.

Edited by Leiluxe

While we're at it:

Give all my characters Dread Guard gear because my main worked hard getting that set already.

Give all my characters 60 valor and top warzone ranking, my main already worked hard to get that.

And yes, that IS the exact same thing.

And for those who don't get it: the above was meant full of sarcasm, since I obviously do NOT agree with this suggestion. If you want all those codex entries on your character, then work for it. Otherwise, simply ignore them, knowing you already got them on another character instead and are now an expert on pre-Old-Republic Star Wars lore. :rolleyes:

And yes, that IS the exact same thing.

Go read the posts from page 10.

Based on your logic, legacy class buffs are also the exact same thing.

In reality, legacy wide benefits are not all the same. And, many already exist in the game. The question now is whether legacy wide datacrons is an appropriate addition to the legacy system. Clearly, a balance must be struck because if legacy wide benefits become so great than the overall game is hurt.

Many have signed in support of adding datacrons to the legacy system, several others have offered extreme and illogical responses, and a few have offered rational opposition. Ultimately, it is up to BioWare to evaluate and decide.

Go read the posts from page 10.

Based on your logic, legacy class buffs are also the exact same thing.

In reality, legacy wide benefits are not all the same. And, many already exist in the game. The question now is whether legacy wide datacrons is an appropriate addition to the legacy system. Clearly, a balance must be struck because if legacy wide benefits become so great than the overall game is hurt.

Many have signed in support of adding datacrons to the legacy system, several others have offered extreme and illogical responses, and a few have offered rational opposition. Ultimately, it is up to BioWare to evaluate and decide.

There is no effort involved to aquire the class buff on a class, Instead, the effort involved is unlocking it for your other characters. But there is effort involved into aquiring a datacron with it's bonus or shard. You have to invest time into the exploration component of this game to get those datacrons. Just like you have to invest time into operations to aquire oprations quality gear.

Class buffs are already freely shared with other players. Datacrons and gear are not. So basically: datacrons are a piece of permanent gear from an alternative content type. They aren't required anywhere, but they do help a little.

And there's ofcourse the shards thing.. Should a lvl 1 start out with all the shards needed to make a lvl 50 relic?

imo the stat bonus on the datacrons was a bad idea. Even without the stat bonus some people would hunt them, but now with stat bonus it´s allmost required that you get them on your main char. Even people who dont like to explore but only want to be the best pve player they can be are "forced" to go get the datacrons. I know it´s only a few stats, but that´s not the point. The point is people want to be the best they can be and putting stats on datacrons forces people who want that to hunt datacrons.

A legacywide datacron acces would be a fix. If possible only give the stat´s to legacy and not the codex entry and title.

There is no effort involved to aquire the class buff on a class, Instead, the effort involved is unlocking it for your other characters...

I was referring to the legacy unlock that happens at the end of Chapter 2 for each class story. Specifically, you invest the time to complete part of the story and you other characters benefit from it. Obviously, the class buff given at level 1 requires no effort to earn for a particular character.

...datacrons are a piece of permanent gear from an alternative content type. They aren't required anywhere, but they do help a little...

Let me replace a couple of words in your statement:

Max-affection companion boosts are a permanent boost from an alternative content type. They aren't required anywhere, but they do help a little.

Again referring to the Posts on Page 10 as well as others since, a simple solution to minimize the XP and stat benefits is to limit this to level 50 characters only.

You still don't have to agree with me, but I feel you have to admit that your simplistic statement - "And yes, that IS the exact same thing." - is flawed. Legacy benefits are not an all-or-nothing matter. Getting an extra +40 to all stats for a level 50 is not the same as Dread Guard gear. Even if the magnitude of the stat benefit was the same, datacrons are purely personal meaning:

• You can't sell them to a vendor
  • You can't RE it for mats/schematics
  • You can't even apply the benefit to a companion.

imo the stat bonus on the datacrons was a bad idea. Even without the stat bonus some people would hunt them, but now with stat bonus it´s allmost required that you get them on your main char. Even people who dont like to explore but only want to be the best pve player they can be are "forced" to go get the datacrons. I know it´s only a few stats, but that´s not the point. The point is people want to be the best they can be and putting stats on datacrons forces people who want that to hunt datacrons.

A legacywide datacron acces would be a fix. If possible only give the stat´s to legacy and not the codex entry and title.

But that's the whole thing: you aren't "forced" to get those datacrons, they aren't "required" to be competitive in any other content. They may help, but their effect is marginal at best. You're fully viable to progress through the game without them.

But that's the whole thing: you aren't "forced" to get those datacrons, they aren't "required" to be competitive in any other content. They may help, but their effect is marginal at best. You're fully viable to progress through the game without them.

If you want to be the best you possibly can be then yes. You are "forced" to get the dastacrons. No they are not required to be competitive, but you will never be the best you can be if you dont get the datacrons. Even if you are the best player on the server, better than people with better gear and with the datacrons, wouldn´t those admidetly few stats make you better ? Isn´t beeing the best we can be something all endgamers strive to be ?

Again referring to the Posts on Page 10 as well as others since, a simple solution to minimize the XP and stat benefits is to limit this to level 50 characters only.

actually i don't even see what is the matter with people, i would be as fine with the Legacy Datacron perk not giving any extra Exp what so ever, only the "Stats Bonus" + "Codex Entries"...