Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga

If they do make Legacy-wide Datacrons then I also want:

- I just looted 132 credits off this dead guy, so all my toons should get 132 credits at the same time, I worked hard for those 132 credits and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

- I just did the weekly 3/3 HM Flashpoint so all my toons should get credit for it, I worked hard for that 3/3 and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

- I just gathered 3 Neural Augmentors, so all my toons should get 3 Neural Augmentors, I worked hard for those 3 Neural Augmentors and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

- I just spend 1,500,000 on a Mask of Nihilus, I worked hard for that item and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK. YOU WANT SOMETHING UNIQUE OR 'RARE' FOR A TOON YOU SHOULD HAVE TO EARN IT.

While I wouldn't mind pooled credit's either, the rest of your post is just absurd. Credits can be shared anyway via mail, so why no eliminate that step and just pool them all together amongst your toons?

Either way, I agree there should be a limit to how much and what is legacy wide, but FP's, xp, purchases made by THAT character etc should obviously be specific to THAT character. No one here is asking that they not be... :p

Back OT, please consolidate datacrons & codex to legacy!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I wouldn't mind pooled credit's either, the rest of your post is just absurd. Credits can be shared anyway via mail, so why no eliminate that step and just pool them all together amongst your toons?

If they make a Legacy Bank / Cargo Hold I'll be first in line to get it.

We're not talking about credit-pooling, and this isn't about Datacron-pooling. What people are QQ'ing about is that if they get a +4 Presence Datacron, then ALL their toons should get it. So why not be insane and say "I just looted 433 credits off this guy, so ALL my toons also get 433 credits"? It's exactly the same and equally as stupid as just about everything the "Entitlement Generation" demands. It's like spoiled-brat-rich-kid-Veruca-Salt Syndrome, just QQ and throw a tantrum and you'll get what you want.

Usually if there's no response to something then it means they aren't going to do it, and that's a great thing. It seems that you guys have been begging for this for a year and it's not happening so please just take a hint and move on..

Edited by PetFish

They should just legacy the entire game since we are all just to lazy to actually play..

Go get the datacrons on each character.. It isn't that hard.. You might actually enjoy it..

No to legacy wide datacrons.. People either need to learn to play the game or not play it at all.. But they shouldn't ask that it be ruined for the rest of us.. :cool:

They should just legacy the entire game since we are all just to lazy to actually play..

Go get the datacrons on each character.. It isn't that hard.. You might actually enjoy it..

No to legacy wide datacrons.. People either need to learn to play the game or not play it at all.. But they shouldn't ask that it be ruined for the rest of us.. :cool:

To all those who don't want it, fine, you don't have to unlock it via the legacy system, but you have no right whatsoever to dictate others how to play this game, just like the HK-51 chain was tedious and BW saw it may present a headache to players with many alts, so they allowed it to be unlocked via legacy to other alts for 1 mill credits once one toon has completed the chain, its the same principle, you wanna grind for HK parts on every alt ? fine, go ahead, others would choose to pay that mill credits and enjoy other aspects of the game other than repetitive grinding, so i say allow this unlock via legacy for a ridiculous amount say even 5 mill, so that people will have the feeling they are "earning" it for every alt, don't deny us the freedom of choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm up for a legacy wide pretty much everything.

Maybe add some legacy perks in there for it, give it a higher legacy level requirement & some credits, or just hard CC, then everyone has a choice, even those opposed.

Currently on legacy 50, and dreading the return of legacy XP gain which may come with the expansion, it's just so useless past level 10 or 12, and especially after 25!

Bumping threads like this really doesn't help your cause, as I believe it's against the rules.

However, I do approve of this suggestion. Just not how it's kept on page one. I also approve of the semi-related idea of legacy-wide codex entries, unlocked via the same means; Legacy or Cartel Market.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

I don't support this. It's already easy enough to get all 67 when you're max level. I did all 67 in about 2 days and it only took me a few hours. Asking for this feature is just being lazy and it's not a quality of life request at all.

^^^

Totally this!! People need to not be lazy.. I got them all on my Sentinel and my Shadow.. It really isn't that hard.. They in noway should be legacy..

What is next?? Make all the quests legacy so you don't have to do them either??

Go out and get the datacrons.. Seriously.. :cool:

To all those who don't want it, fine, you don't have to unlock it via the legacy system, but you have no right whatsoever to dictate others how to play this game, just like the HK-51 chain was tedious and BW saw it may present a headache to players with many alts, so they allowed it to be unlocked via legacy to other alts for 1 mill credits once one toon has completed the chain, its the same principle, you wanna grind for HK parts on every alt ? fine, go ahead, others would choose to pay that mill credits and enjoy other aspects of the game other than repetitive grinding, so i say allow this unlock via legacy for a ridiculous amount say even 5 mill, so that people will have the feeling they are "earning" it for every alt, don't deny us the freedom of choice.

You have a choice to get them or not get them.. Not demand that Biowarwe change the game to accomedate you.. Just because you don't want to put fourth the effort to go and get them doesn't mean they should just up and give them to you.. If you don't want to play the game fine.. Other people still want to play it.. Which includes getting the datacrons.. The only one trying to dictate here is you.. You do not have a the right to ruin the game for other people..

Either way, I agree there should be a limit to how much and what is legacy wide, but FP's, xp, purchases made by THAT character etc should obviously be specific to THAT character. No one here is asking that they not be... :p

Back OT, please consolidate datacrons & codex to legacy!!!

I think you missing his point.. All this talk about legacy this and legacy that.. Be it gear, datacrons, codexes, and whatever else.. It eleminitates the need to even play the game..

So what is next?? Shared loot when a mob is killed?? Shared comms when a weekly is done?? How about we legacy all the quests as we level so our next toon doesn't have to do them??

People are just lazy and don't actually want to play the game.. Like the Datacrons.. They don't want to get them.. They just want them delivered.. People don't want to grind for gear, they just want that delivered.. They don't want to collect codexes, they just want those delivered.. You just have to wonder why people play the game??

There are some things that should require some effort.. So that those that do make the effort are rewarded.. There are players that go the extra mile and players that don't.. Well.. Those that do should be rewarded and those that don't just go without.. All legacy does is allow people to be lazy.. Do we really want people running HM TFB and then passing all the gear to another character because all the gear is legacy?? The sad thing is, people can more or less do that already.. If they have a full set of legacy gear.. Do we really need to make this game any easier??

So you tell me?? What is next?? What should we legacy next?? How about we just leave it open and say anything that requires the slightest amount of effort?? :p

Edited by MajikMyst

People are just lazy and don't actually want to play the game.. Like the Datacrons.. They don't want to get them.. They just want them delivered.. People don't want to grind for gear, they just want that delivered.. They don't want to collect codexes, they just want those delivered.. You just have to wonder why people play the game??

people are lazy by nathure, did u discovered that now? u been living under a rock ur entire life? human beings have always search for shorcuts, thats how we are, and in particulary i don't see anything wrong with it...

those who want more legacy things, are those who have played this game the longest, who have re-rolled many characters, and if we still are subscribed and keep supporting the game even with all the flaws it has, well i think we have the right and the obligation to ask for things that would make our journey easier and more enjojable when ever we decide to re-roll once more a new toon... u can simply opt not to use the legacy system what so ever, thats up to u, but for those who wish it, why negating them the pleasure? its like the SGR i particulary coudn't care a **** less about gay romance.... but many would like to have it, so feel free to add it, am nobody to oposite it....

btw apart from datacrons another thing we really wish and need is this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=578572

thats something we actually pay for apart from the sub cost... and ain't exactly cheap.... so u also against that being made into legacy?

Edited by YeIIow

I would say that asking to gather all datacrons with 8 characters is a bit too much in my opinion.

Of course in theory no one makes you collect them, in practice they are worth attribute points and fill slot in codex, so...

people are lazy by nathure, did u discovered that now? u been living under a rock ur entire life? human beings have always search for shorcuts, thats how we are, and in particulary i don't see anything wrong with it...

those who want more legacy things, are those who have played this game the longest, who have re-rolled many characters, and if we still are subscribed and keep supporting the game even with all the flaws it has, well i think we have the right and the obligation to ask for things that would make our journey easier and more enjojable when ever we decide to re-roll once more a new toon... u can simply opt not to use the legacy system what so ever, thats up to u, but for those who wish it, why negating them the pleasure? its like the SGR i particulary coudn't care a **** less about gay romance.... but many would like to have it, so feel free to add it, am nobody to oposite it....

btw apart from datacrons another thing we really wish and need is this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=578572

thats something we actually pay for apart from the sub cost... and ain't exactly cheap.... so u also against that being made into legacy?

And you can opt to not use the speeder or the quick travel?? See the problem?? The arguement to not use something is actually sort of useless.. If it is there, people will use it.. If datacrons are legacy, people will get them that way.. Making them legacy will ruin a portion of the game.. The game is easy enough as it is.. Part of what is wrong with this game is that it is to easy..

I would say that asking to gather all datacrons with 8 characters is a bit too much in my opinion.

Of course in theory no one makes you collect them, in practice they are worth attribute points and fill slot in codex, so...

If people are smart, they will just get the datacrons that benefits them.. There is no need for a jedi or sith to hunt down the cunning or aim datacrons.. Looking at it that way... There really aren't that many to go after.. The only reason you would need all of them is if you care about the codex.. Other than that there is no point.. Just get the ones you need and the +10 to all stats on the fleet..

And you can opt to not use the speeder or the quick travel?? See the problem?? The arguement to not use something is actually sort of useless.. If it is there, people will use it.. If datacrons are legacy, people will get them that way.. Making them legacy will ruin a portion of the game.. The game is easy enough as it is.. Part of what is wrong with this game is that it is to easy..

and what have u ageist people who decide to use an speeder? or use fast travel? or use the legacy perk for unlocking HK ? what other people decide to do does not affects u what so ever....

You have a choice to get them or not get them.. Not demand that Biowarwe change the game to accomedate you.. Just because you don't want to put fourth the effort to go and get them doesn't mean they should just up and give them to you.. If you don't want to play the game fine.. Other people still want to play it.. Which includes getting the datacrons.. The only one trying to dictate here is you.. You do not have a the right to ruin the game for other people..

Dude, Im saying what I do, because I've got 12 characters 7 of them are 50 and the rest are between 41-44 , so please don't tell me I'm lazy or I haven't played the game, I played this game more hours than most people accounts did, Im here since early access, and Im simply looking an alternative, either putting man hours into searching the datacrons again or putting cash for that.

Ive been waiting on the Jawa Baloon on tatooine for 8 characters, not always succeeding the first time due to failed jumps and drop bugs ( which they finely fixed ) but the hours I've lost during those attempts will never come back.

In real life almost everything is available as a shortcut via cash, you don't go shutting peoples businesses cause you want them earn it the hard way, same goes here, i wish there was an option even a real expensive one, you don't have the cash or don't wanna do it via cash ? fine, go ahead and climb your way to the top, but stop accusing people of being lazy or not playing enough by your standards, we pay for this game, we tolerate a lot of bugs, and we deserve an alternative, especially since the game encourages making alts due to legacy perks/class story lines...

Edited by Mr-killjoy

Ive been waiting on the Jawa Baloon on tatooine for 8 characters, not always succeeding the first time due to failed jumps and drop bugs ( which they finely fixed ) but the hours I've lost during those attempts will never come back....

See here is the issue I have.. I have been playing early release as well.. Actually since July 2011 I was invited to the closed beta.. So I also played in the beta for about 6 months before early release..

Did you know that you do not need the balloon to get those two datacrons on the sandcrawler?? All you need is a trooper or a shadow.. They can bump you up to the ledge with their knock back ability.. Just duel the person that is going to bump you up.. Start jumping and get the timing right you will be knocked up to the sandcrawler to get the two datacrons..

Now why didn't you know that?? I have got all the datacrons on 3 characters and have never been on the balloon.. Those are actually one of the easiest ones to get.. I mean heck.. If you are on my server.. I'll bump you up.. I have a shadowtank.. Wife has a trooper.. The hardest part is getting the positioning and timing right so that you are bumped to the ledge..

and what have u ageist people who decide to use an speeder? or use fast travel? or use the legacy perk for unlocking HK ? what other people decide to do does not affects u what so ever....

I do not have a ageist against people who use the speeder.. I see you missed the point.. The speeder is there and people use it.. Telling people to just not use something is pretty lame.. If it is there they will use it.. Hence the legacy datacrons.. If they are legacy, nobody will go and get them.. Why should they?? Just like a speeder.. They have it so they use it..

We were never asked about the legacy perk for HK.. It is a million credits and I don't remember how many CC it is.. But there is a deterent from just buying it.. It is expensive.. There are a couple people in my guild that can't buy him with credits and won't spend the CC.. So they are going after the parts again.. My wife is one of them..

The issue isn't what other people decide to do.. Thanks for paying attention.. The issue is that someone is asking to change the game and that does effect me.. Why such a simple and basic concept is missed is beyond me..

Bottom line is, these legacy threads are all about being lazy.. I have yet to see a valid reason why they should be legacy.. Bioware put a lot of work and effort into their locations and the obsticals we face to get them.. Why should they just kiss all that work goodbye becasue a few people are to lazy to go and get them??

Edited by MajikMyst