The free month of subscription you got will cost you 150 Cartel Coins.

Pax_Sanatio

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It tells you in multiple places it's for paid months you chose to ignore that part by not reading all information available and then blame Bioware/EA for your own mistakes.

Can I just add that this is what irritates me the most about people?

I mean no disrespect to the OP and this is not a personal attack, but when people do not even take the time to read before they hold up not one but two customer service representatives from resolving actual issues, that really annoys me and makes me more sympathetic to what CS must be going through every day, having to explain things to people who can't be bothered to do the obvious: read before they ask.

Again, not a personal attack on the OP, just something that simply annoys me a lot.

Edited by TheNahash

I understand your perspective.

My point is that I was not , nor was anyone, told that this would be the case.

As I said, I appreciate the free month. And I will probably invest the $15 saved back into the game.

I just would have liked to have been told this officially and not have to go through customer service to find out.

Personally, I'll take the free month. It's worth 3x what the coins are worth.

Oh... and duh!.... this has been discussed by many, myself included, alerting people like you that you only get coins for months of subscription YOU PAY FOR.....since the cartel coin balance was added to accounts. And we did not make it up... we actually read what they post. ;)

Edited by Andryah

^

$15 will get you a lot more than 150 CC.

This.

First thing i thought of when i read the OP. You saved $15... but you lost 150 cartel coins. If you really wanted to spend that $15 then buy $15 worth of cartel coins. You will get more then 150 and you got a free month with it...

Edited by mattyboi

30 days of playtime = 12,99

the core game = 50 bucks or whatever it costs in your country (keep in mind we always add the 12,99)

now we do it together as small minded as possible -> the product: cd box, insides like manual or sum other crap and the cds/dvds? damn right - 50 usd, euro or pounds

now scenario two:

price of the game = 62,99 - your concerns about the free month being paid actually are true but like i said, we are small minded right now

That's right.

If you were awarded with a free one month subscription earlier this year, you will not be given the 150 Cartel Coins for that month. Straight from the mouth of two BioWare / EA / SWTOR customer service representatives.

After speaking with two customer service representatives, I was informed that the month I was given for free did not count as a month I would be awarded Cartel Coins for because I did not pay for it.

Honestly, this upset me as I have been, and still am, a loyal paid subscriber to the game. I have paid for everyday since day one with a 6 month reoccurring subscription and my payments have been prompt.

So why am I now being told that a month I received for free, one that I did not ask for but appreciate, does no count toward the accumulation of Cartel Coins for being a loyal SWTOR player and subscriber?

This does not make sense to me.

I was wondering if someone from BioWare / EA could explain.

Thanks.

Pax

p.s. - I realize that this thread has the potential to devolve into a flame war against companies turning a profit on the products that they produce, but let's keep it above the belt for this one please. I'd really like to know the rational behind this. Thx again.

First, you are asking for something for nothing.

You will not get cartel coins for the time that bioware gave you for "free". If you were too cheap to keep a sub up for that time, then to bad. Bioware makes the rules and as a consumer it's up to you to decide if you want to stay around or not. You sounds like a crybaby brat when you call customer service asking for more cartel coins.

Even if you did have a sub the whole time, you get coins for every month you paid. Free months are worth 0. Those are the rules bub.

Man up and get over it. Life goes on.

Edited by Arkerus

Buy 15 dollars worth of CC. /thread :rolleyes:

No. To make up for that lost 150 coins, all he needs to do is buy 1.50 worth of coins more than likely. Since he saved 15 dollars, that means he's still ahead 13.50.

I'm dealing with CS to get coins because I used a time card aka something I actually did pay for. And he's complaining about not getting it on a free month?

Edited by ShepardSpock

you should spend the 15 bucks you saved on cartel coins... if the guesses are correct about their worth than you will actually be getting 3 times as many coins plus that month of gametime for the same price as you would have just gotten the 150 coins and the month Edited by Liquidacid

Most of the people replying in this thread are more than a bit mean and rude. The Op was asking a very valid question. He is NOT being as "entitled" as many of you are saying.

At the time that the free month was given, there was no open knowledge of the free to play process. It was not even known to us that it would have a F2P option at that point. I personally believe EVERY sub at the time should have gotten the free month.

That free month was not a "gift", but rather an apology for delivering a game with so many technical issues. More of the issues involved "end" game, hence why they decided only to give free month to people with Legacy 6 and above..which was originally only gonna be for people with a lvl 50. Yet there were many people who had neither legacy nor a lvl 50 that had technical issues. It was really poor customer service on the providers part for not granting it to everyone.

So now, it could easily be perceived that those that got the apology are now getting a slap (all be it a minor one) in the face for accepting the apology.

So in short..the OP has a valid point. I got the free month and not the 150 CC also. I don't really care that much other than it lowers my opinion of the company as this again is another example of poor customer service.

Had Bioware given better customer service and used MUCH more communication like Funcom has with The Secret World, then I think a significant (say 20-25) percent of those that left would have stayed. And that may even be a low estimate since CS and communication were mentioned in just about every " I'm leaving because" thread.

So try to be a little nicer y'all. :)

That free month was not a "gift", but rather an apology for delivering a game with so many technical issues.

Regardless of whether it was a gift or an apology, it was a free month. A month during which you, me and a lot of other people played a subscription-based game for free. It was a good gesture on their part.

But no, we shouldn't get Cartel Coins for something we didn't pay for. That's where the "being entitled" part comes into play and if they start throwing Cartel Coins around for people who feel like they should get more because they "deserve it" (even though they don't), CC will lose their value . You can't have your cake and eat it too and SWTOR/Bioware is not a charitable organization - it needs to make money otherwise we will not be able to be here for long, debating whether it was such a bad decision to not give us something we didn't pay for.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't HAVE to give us cartel coins for all the months we've been here. They could've just said "You'll get CC from the announcement of F2P till the release". But they didn't. They decided that it would be a good gesture (and one that would make people stay) to give us Cartel Coins for all the months we've paid for.

And also, how do you think people who actually paid for that month we got for free, would feel?

People seem to forget that although EA probably has the money to keep SWTOR forever without us having to pay anything, they are a business and their ultimate goal is not our enjoyment, it's profit.

Edited by TheNahash

Most of the people replying in this thread are more than a bit mean and rude. The Op was asking a very valid question. He is NOT being as "entitled" as many of you are saying.

At the time that the free month was given, there was no open knowledge of the free to play process. It was not even known to us that it would have a F2P option at that point. I personally believe EVERY sub at the time should have gotten the free month.

That free month was not a "gift", but rather an apology for delivering a game with so many technical issues. More of the issues involved "end" game, hence why they decided only to give free month to people with Legacy 6 and above..which was originally only gonna be for people with a lvl 50. Yet there were many people who had neither legacy nor a lvl 50 that had technical issues. It was really poor customer service on the providers part for not granting it to everyone.

So now, it could easily be perceived that those that got the apology are now getting a slap (all be it a minor one) in the face for accepting the apology.

So in short..the OP has a valid point. I got the free month and not the 150 CC also. I don't really care that much other than it lowers my opinion of the company as this again is another example of poor customer service.

Had Bioware given better customer service and used MUCH more communication like Funcom has with The Secret World, then I think a significant (say 20-25) percent of those that left would have stayed. And that may even be a low estimate since CS and communication were mentioned in just about every " I'm leaving because" thread.

So try to be a little nicer y'all. :)

No - it was a gift, which is why it only went to people with a certain legacy level, ie "loyal customers" that have leveled at least one toon to 50.

Two comments:

1) he preceded his "question" with what comes across as either astonishment or indigation followed by 4 paragraphs of whining.

2) The question was a continution of whining from the first 4 paragraphs, with a cherry on top (exasperstion from lost entitlement somehow).

As for his "point"... it's invalid, for all the reasons already shared in this thread. The OP should apologize for for starting the thread to begin with IMO. ;)

Edited by Andryah