Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

I've played close to 100 matches in the past week and a half, and in almost every single one there has been at least one premade on the other team.

I'm about to uninstall the game because honestly I don't give a crap who's fault it is, this just isn't fun anymore.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple. Have a separate Solo Queue for Unranked like they do Ranked. Problem Solved.

Sounds like a waste of resources imo.

I get it, it sucks being on the receiving end of a premade. Nobody likes getting spanked. Though, I bet 10/10 times you don't complain when you are on the winning end of a premade in your group.

As such, just leave regular warzones as is. I'd rather see them make a new warzone rather than making sure kids don't cry that they get stomped in a warzone from time to time.

If you can't handle losing, just quit the warzone and requeue.

Simple. Have a separate Solo Queue for Unranked like they do Ranked. Problem Solved.

I don't think the population can support that. Sadly. How about the game simply waited until both sides had a premade of 3 or 4 players? I don't count 2 people as a premade. Yes it would take longer for premades to play, but that would make it far more fair for everyone. It could obviously still turn into a stomp, but people like me would no longer cry "Premade! Not fair!".

Sounds like a waste of resources imo.

I get it, it sucks being on the receiving end of a premade. Nobody likes getting spanked. Though, I bet 10/10 times you don't complain when you are on the winning end of a premade in your group.

As such, just leave regular warzones as is. I'd rather see them make a new warzone rather than making sure kids don't cry that they get stomped in a warzone from time to time.

If you can't handle losing, just quit the warzone and requeue.

Spoken like one of those *******es who always queues in a premade.

I've played close to 100 matches in the past week and a half, and in almost every single one there has been at least one premade on the other team.

I'm about to uninstall the game because honestly I don't give a crap who's fault it is, this just isn't fun anymore.

I highly doubt this. There comes a time when it's not your team, but it's you that is having problems.

I do my PvP Dailies on 8 different 60's, of both factions. That means I spend a majority of my playtime PvPing.

I'd say a quarter of my daily matches are against a premade. Not the majority.

Just because your team got ROFLStompled into oblivion doesn't mean it was against a premade. I hate to say, but your team could just be that bad. Probably is. Take a look at your team mates. Is even ONE of them in PvE gear? Then it's now an 8 versus 7. The other day I was in a match with 3 people in PvE gear because they didn't want to learn how to bolster properly. It was over before it even started.

As for the whole "Premades are bad" thing, it's been going on in MMORPGs for a long time. In Dark Age of Camelot (over 10 years ago now) We would get into Ventrillo and run 8 man PvP Groups. OVER TEN YEARS AGO.

You would think people would realize it's a function of the a Massive Multiplayer Online Game, ya know, playing with other people?

I highly doubt this. There comes a time when it's not your team, but it's you that is having problems.

I do my PvP Dailies on 8 different 60's, of both factions. That means I spend a majority of my playtime PvPing.

I'd say a quarter of my daily matches are against a premade. Not the majority.

Just because your team got ROFLStompled into oblivion doesn't mean it was against a premade. I hate to say, but your team could just be that bad. Probably is. Take a look at your team mates. Is even ONE of them in PvE gear? Then it's now an 8 versus 7. The other day I was in a match with 3 people in PvE gear because they didn't want to learn how to bolster properly. It was over before it even started.

As for the whole "Premades are bad" thing, it's been going on in MMORPGs for a long time. In Dark Age of Camelot (over 10 years ago now) We would get into Ventrillo and run 8 man PvP Groups. OVER TEN YEARS AGO.

You would think people would realize it's a function of the a Massive Multiplayer Online Game, ya know, playing with other people?

It's not just losing, it's recognizing the same cohesive groups of people from the same guilds all the time. If it was just once or twice I'd chalk it up to bad luck/comp whatever, but it's almost all the time now.

I don't think the population can support that. Sadly. How about the game simply waited until both sides had a premade of 3 or 4 players? I don't count 2 people as a premade. Yes it would take longer for premades to play, but that would make it far more fair for everyone. It could obviously still turn into a stomp, but people like me would no longer cry "Premade! Not fair!".

All people need to see is the same guild tags or the same people a few warzones in a row on the same side and they instantly assume premade instead of the most logical choice your queue is synced up to those players so if you want a different group, you'll have to sit out a round between pops and let someone else get synced into that group.

Unless you have several warzones exiting at the same time, chances are very high that all 16 people who were in the last warzone together will queue within a short time of each other and get matched up all over again simply because there is no one else in the queue waiting. It'll look like a premade even though there isn't and it's just a temporal reason behind it.

Alternately the queue you're in has so few people in it right now that if you get a pop, its going to be the same group every time.

Some factions have that kind of low population for pvp, and some people experience it regularly by only being online during off-peak hours.

All people need to see is the same guild tags or the same people a few warzones in a row on the same side and they instantly assume premade instead of the most logical choice your queue is synced up to those players so if you want a different group, you'll have to sit out a round between pops and let someone else get synced into that group.

Unless you have several warzones exiting at the same time, chances are very high that all 16 people who were in the last warzone together will queue within a short time of each other and get matched up all over again simply because there is no one else in the queue waiting. It'll look like a premade even though there isn't and it's just a temporal reason behind it.

Listen, queue syncing is one of the ways to get a PreMade. People do it with Solo Ranked, and they also do it with 2 4 man groups in Unranked. No one is really crying about you wanting to play with your friends. We are all for it as a matter of fact, because we want to play with our friends to. What we are saying is that if you have a group of 4 people, then you should be going up against another group of 4. If you have a group of 8, you should be going up against another group of 8. You shouldn't be putting 8 people that queue synced up against 8 randoms. Hell if you Queue Sync in Ranked it should bump you from Solo to Group Queue, why should someone be able to cheat a group into solo queue?

Listen, queue syncing is one of the ways to get a PreMade. People do it with Solo Ranked, and they also do it with 2 4 man groups in Unranked. No one is really crying about you wanting to play with your friends. We are all for it as a matter of fact, because we want to play with our friends to. What we are saying is that if you have a group of 4 people, then you should be going up against another group of 4. If you have a group of 8, you should be going up against another group of 8. You shouldn't be putting 8 people that queue synced up against 8 randoms. Hell if you Queue Sync in Ranked it should bump you from Solo to Group Queue, why should someone be able to cheat a group into solo queue?

You don't have to tell me about queue syncing, I used to do it for my guild on Ven Zallow back before this game's population collapsed and it was much harder then but still possible to double premade for a full 8 man.

Also, somehow you seem to be equating grouping with friends as being advantageous and that is an incorrect assumption. I've watched many a premade fail repeatedly in warzones, so much so one guild on my server has a very disparaging nickname due to repeatedly losing warzones with premades.

I've been on premades that lost to pugs, I've been on pugs that beat premades. And I know those were premades because I know the players that were grouped together. The issue isn't premades vs pugs, the issue is good players vs bad players, and what you really want is a ranking and matching system for regular warzones. Such a system would turn regular warzones into what arenas are today.

Sorry, regs don't count for anything but a comm grind. It's pointless to try to police this because someone has to stroke their epeen and someone else has to complain about losing to such a person with an infantile desire. If it takes them rolling premades to beat me, I take that as a compliment.

You don't have to tell me about queue syncing, I used to do it for my guild on Ven Zallow back before this game's population collapsed and it was much harder then but still possible to double premade for a full 8 man.

Also, somehow you seem to be equating grouping with friends as being advantageous and that is an incorrect assumption. I've watched many a premade fail repeatedly in warzones, so much so one guild on my server has a very disparaging nickname due to repeatedly losing warzones with premades.

I've been on premades that lost to pugs, I've been on pugs that beat premades. And I know those were premades because I know the players that were grouped together. The issue isn't premades vs pugs, the issue is good players vs bad players, and what you really want is a ranking and matching system for regular warzones. Such a system would turn regular warzones into what arenas are today.

Sorry, regs don't count for anything but a comm grind. It's pointless to try to police this because someone has to stroke their epeen and someone else has to complain about losing to such a person with an infantile desire. If it takes them rolling premades to beat me, I take that as a compliment.

No actually I disagree with you. Yes Unranked is for Comm grinding, and no I'm not asking for a ranking system for Unranked. I'm not asking for anything, I am simply stating that Unranked should either eliminate the ability for people to queue sync somehow, or separate those that do it from those that keep solo queueing. Maybe I have horrible luck, but I keep seeing people with the same dang guild tags that maintain a level of co-ordination that seems to me near to impossible without some voice comms, or macros for chat. When I'm on my Sorc who has a full set of unranked gear I can normally tank a couple of people DPSing me, one and still effectively heal others, two well I'll be healing myself a bit more, but when as soon as I show up I get 4 people on me instantly, yeah they are focusing me. Don't take it the wrong way, that means that I'm good and doing my job right, and if my team was doing their job right I'd probably live through it, but yeah when my health bar explodes because 4+ people are on me as soon as I get out of the respawn area. I understand that healers are the first thing you want to target, or else you will lose. However I also see that there is a need to make Premades go up against premeds far more than it happens. When I go from winning 66% of my matches to losing 5 in a row because I keep running into the same couple of premades, and there aren't 2 people with the same guild tag in my group yeah there are problems with the match making system. If 2 groups of 4 are queue syncing why not toss them into an Unranked Arena against each other, when there is a lack of other groups? It happened to me once when my guild on Pot5 did it. We were happy about it, because we thought it was fun. Or maybe split them up into opposing teams, and fill in the rest with PUGs? That also happened with that same guild on that same night, again we moved to different chat channels and had a ball with it. After those matches we got together and bragged about killing each other, while laughing about it. Why should one person keep running into the same premades over and over again, when those premades should be fighting against other groups. I'm not saying eliminate it entirely just that if there aren't a lot of groups queueing up, then you should have to wait a bit longer and there should be a greater chance of the queue syncs being split up.

Dude its called playing with friends and guildies . If you do not like it then dont pvp anymore . There will always be premades bcause people like to have fun with their guild and their friends its wont stop just bcuz you complain here on forums . :cool: Also some guilds are larger then most so youll see tons of premades deal with it . Edited by LordKitana

Dude its called playing with friends and guildies . If you do not like it then dont pvp anymore . There will always be premades bcause people like to have fun with their guild and their friends its wont stop just bcuz you complain here on forums . :cool: Also some guilds are larger then most so youll see tons of premades deal with it .

Again what part of I am not asking for Premades to be broken up, why do you not understand that. I just want to lessen the amount of PUG groups running into Premades. Quite frankly when I PVP I don't want to ROFLStomp my opponents, and I would expect the same to be true of everyone else. I also expect to win or lose based on the skilled play of myself and my opponents. Not to have the other team focusing players down as soon as they respawn with such a quickness that it's obvious that the person is marked and the other team is also using voice comms. I don't mind losing, but when I go from winning 66% of my matches to losing 5 in a row and the only difference is that the other team has the same guild name, it's obvious what the problem is.

Also I'm playing on a PVP (dead) server where I can't get people to join my guild that I promised to build up. I PVP on my Sorc, and I try to do Ops on both my Sorc and my Sage. The only kind of Ops I can ever get into are Group Finder SM level 55 and lower, with half of them being only the last boss. Being that I play on both factions I know what guilds are who. I find it funny that your solution, as always from the Premade ROFLStompers isn't to get competition for you, and less ROFLStomping for your victims, but that I should change what I do to fit what you want to do. I have done it before, and honestly when I was going up against random PUGs with the exception of during Beta, I always left the group because it is not fun to ROFLStomp them, in Beta we were testing strategies, and seeing how things worked out. Quite frankly me and 2 of my guild mates were able to hold back group bigger than the 3 of us. We did it through group composition, and co-ordination over TeamSpeak.

Edited by SuperGrunt

The best thing to do is just to stop pvping if it bothers you that's why I did, it gets boring seeing the same premade composition every time going full heal and tank, yea okay hard enough to kill one healer who's guarded now we've got 4 healers healing themselves and 3 tanks and one dps, this is what I see a lot of time. Attack one of them alone count to 1 and 7 descend upon you, quite frankly boring, and dumb.

Just leave the warzone and hope you queue up in a somewhat even match, best thing to do really I quit warzone as soon as I see this same composition, you wanna win ? fine you can do it 8vs2.

The best thing to do is just to stop pvping if it bothers you that's why I did, it gets boring seeing the same premade composition every time going full heal and tank, yea okay hard enough to kill one healer who's guarded now we've got 4 healers healing themselves and 3 tanks and one dps, this is what I see a lot of time. Attack one of them alone count to 1 and 7 descend upon you, quite frankly boring, and dumb.

Just leave the warzone and hope you queue up in a somewhat even match, best thing to do really I quit warzone as soon as I see this same composition, you wanna win ? fine you can do it 8vs2.

Yeah I'm tempted to start dropping group as soon as I see that it is a Premade that I am facing. However I also feel like there should be a deserter debuff for leaving a GF or a WZ queue, unless you decline it.

Actually the funny thing, was though that the game that finally broke my loosing streak last night was a Voidstar against that same Premade that had been ROFLStomping us for 5 matches. We were short people for 3/4 of the match and still pulled off the win when neither team planted.

Edited by SuperGrunt

Warzone Queue Options :

Team Ranked : Check

Solo Ranked: Check

Team Unranked: Check

Solo Unranked: not yet available

Unranked isby far the most popular and yet they feel they need to combine team and solo together? Seriously?

Warzone Queue Options :

Team Ranked : Check

Solo Ranked: Check

Team Unranked: Check

Solo Unranked: not yet available

Unranked isby far the most popular and yet they feel they need to combine team and solo together? Seriously?

You have to be pretty unsociable to not find any friends in an MMO or people who want to do the same thing as you.

But at the same time, bads who want to be carried don't queue together because they can't carry each other. And good players don't want to group with bads because they don't want to carry them. Hence premades beating solo queue scrubs.

I used to only solo queue for the first year of this game, but the number of absolutely horrible pvpers has constantly been rising, making it just stupid to solo queue now.

Premade or go home.

Again what part of I am not asking for Premades to be broken up, why do you not understand that. I just want to lessen the amount of PUG groups running into Premades. Quite frankly when I PVP I don't want to ROFLStomp my opponents, and I would expect the same to be true of everyone else. I also expect to win or lose based on the skilled play of myself and my opponents. Not to have the other team focusing players down as soon as they respawn with such a quickness that it's obvious that the person is marked and the other team is also using voice comms. I don't mind losing, but when I go from winning 66% of my matches to losing 5 in a row and the only difference is that the other team has the same guild name, it's obvious what the problem is.

Also I'm playing on a PVP (dead) server where I can't get people to join my guild that I promised to build up. I PVP on my Sorc, and I try to do Ops on both my Sorc and my Sage. The only kind of Ops I can ever get into are Group Finder SM level 55 and lower, with half of them being only the last boss. Being that I play on both factions I know what guilds are who. I find it funny that your solution, as always from the Premade ROFLStompers isn't to get competition for you, and less ROFLStomping for your victims, but that I should change what I do to fit what you want to do. I have done it before, and honestly when I was going up against random PUGs with the exception of during Beta, I always left the group because it is not fun to ROFLStomp them, in Beta we were testing strategies, and seeing how things worked out. Quite frankly me and 2 of my guild mates were able to hold back group bigger than the 3 of us. We did it through group composition, and co-ordination over TeamSpeak.

obviously you are wanting it to stop theres no way bioware is going to make it where you cant que with friends / guidlies .... like i said before if your going to complain about it either get better at pvp and or find a new guild and make new friends and or switch servers theres not much else you can do ...some people are just friggin way better then you and youll get spawn camped theres nothing you can do .. if it angers you so much try n join a n active guild so you always hve ppl and wont have to worry bout being rotfl spawn camped . the answer is simple really either find ppl or get good at pvp n play :cool:

/agreed 100%:cool:

Dude its called playing with friends and guildies .

truth.

If you do not like it then dont pvp anymore .

the better alternative is to group up yourself (and get in voice chat). It is simply more fun.

In some alternate universe where SWTOR is more popular, BW has implemented a lot of slicing and dicing of PvP queues (e.g. a unranked WZ with only solo queued players) but that ain't happening in our universe.

Having started PvP'ing again lately, I have to say, I am amazed at how unevenly roles are distributed in same faction warzones. Most matches I play are Imp vs Imp, and I just can't fathom why the matchmaking algorithm would put all the tanks and healers on the same side. (Rep vs Rep matches, on the other hand, are always full of healers on both sides.)

Just today in 2 VS Imp vs Imp matches, the opposing team had 3 healers and 2 tanks, whlist our team had 8 DPS. It didn't look like as if the enemy team was made up of premades, so why on earth would they put all the tanks and heals on the same side? And it's not some isolated incident, I have observed this many, many times during the past 3 or so weeks.

Unless your team is made up of amazing DPS - which it usually isn't - the result of the match is already a forgone conclusion. Maybe part of the problem stems from the fact that sometimes your team gets no healers due to bad matchmaking, when most premade teams include at least one healer?

Simple - there is no matchmaking in regs beyond "you are this faction, so you are on this factions team". 100% random, unless you are grouped. There is a reason you cannot queue a full 8-man team, because that would be truly imba.

What amazes me is how little people pay attention to the Huttball spiel - "Two teams, chosen by RANDOM DRAW"

It is by no means a "forgone conclusion". Real PvPers will relish the chance to shut down a premade with their pug. Some of my favorite matches are against these so-called "OP premades" in where the pug totally stomps them. The reason pugs lose to premades isn't because the premade is too coordinated, it is because the pug has given up before the game even starts.

Now, let us leave this necro thread where it belongs: in the ground. Please and thank you!:mon_evil:

Edited by Loomi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.