***Official PvE Progression V2***

Bombbuster

We are missing a tank and a healer (Boss and Mcfodder) from our raid team due to RL issues so we had pugged in a tank that has never run TFB HM before and a healer that had only run it once with us a few weeks before. We beat the first two bosses on HM with no issue, but we couldn't get past the puzzle boss. We were able to get to the final boss stage every time but die before the first black obtuse. The adds hit REALLY hard which did make the healing tough but once we clean it up a bit its very doable in dread guard gear. Kephess and Terror should be fun to heal as well I'm sure lol.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are missing a tank and a healer (Boss and Mcfodder) from our raid team due to RL issues so we had pugged in a tank that has never run TFB HM before and a healer that had only run it once with us a few weeks before. We beat the first two bosses on HM with no issue, but we couldn't get past the puzzle boss. We were able to get to the final boss stage every time but die before the first black obtuse. The adds hit REALLY hard which did make the healing tough but once we clean it up a bit its very doable in dread guard gear. Kephess and Terror should be fun to heal as well I'm sure lol.

I think it's pretty doable. One of our main healers (Findlay) hasn't made it to 55 yet (he should be up today), and we were missing our highest parsing ranged DPS (Haka), but we still did fairly well. The adds do hit insanely hard. I was rolling cooldowns just to stay alive, and the Shadow Shelter boost to healers (which we double-stacked) was definitely noticeable at the transition points in the fight. I'm pretty confident that we'll be able to get it down tonight.

Personally, I feel that the Purple failure and the end-of-Yellow transition points in Operator IX are the hardest parts of the entire instance for all roles. End-of-Yellow is a hard check for both healers and tanks, while the Yellow datacores are a hard check for the DPS. If you can beat that transition and successfully make it to the first black obtuse without your healers being completely OOM, you can beat the entire instance.

The reassuring thing is that DPS doesn't seem to be as much of an issue as I thought it would. We had Writhing Horror at 10% when the last Jealous Male came out, and we killed Heirad less than a single GCD after his second Surging Chain (he did his last Surging Chain with 1.4k HP remaining). HM S&V has harder DPS checks than HM TfB, so that bit remains to be seen, but I have confidence that there is nothing in HM TfB which will be a strict gear check at our current item levels.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Yea we seemed fine on dps as well, we were missing Sythise as well our sentinel which hurt, less dps and no inspiration but we had Aeythest fill in who is a good commando dps. I think TFB HM is totally doable but I'm a little worried about HM S&V, I am thinking we will need a bit more gear to get through that. Also the orbs on the Terror even in SM hit SOOOOO hard, not looking forward to them in HM.

<Wrath> (formerly known as <Wrath of the Forsaken>) has just cleared HM TFB 2.0, server first!

Not to be a jerk, but your logs indicate that you actually wiped on TfB and never reached his final phase. Specifically: Bitte (http://www.torparse.com/a/183842/41/0/Log) and Braille (http://www.torparse.com/a/183845/44/0/Log). Are the logs incomplete, or did you simply have an Anomaly still active going into the soft enrage? A quick Torparse search also turns up this group log (http://www.torparse.com/g/3316/43), which also indicates a failure on the final boss pull (probably due to the hard enrage, judging by the length of the pull).

You also might have mentioned that Alecia (of Zen) joined you for the clear. I think it still counts as progression, but a shout out would have been nice.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Not to be a jerk, but your logs indicate that you actually wiped on TfB and never reached his final phase. Specifically: Bitte (http://www.torparse.com/a/183842/41/0/Log) and Braille (http://www.torparse.com/a/183845/44/0/Log). Are the logs incomplete, or did you simply have an Anomaly still active going into the soft enrage? A quick Torparse search also turns up this group log (http://www.torparse.com/g/3316/43), which also indicates a failure on the final boss pull (probably due to the hard enrage, judging by the length of the pull).

You also might have mentioned that Alecia (of Zen) joined you for the clear. I think it still counts as progression, but a shout out would have been nice.

In our successful final attempt, we did have an anomaly active during the entire tantrum phase and we were still in combat after the TFB died. Most of us had to use /stuck after the fight. If you look at Braille's log, his is longer since he died during the tantrum right before we killed the boss; thus his log ended. I do have a screenshot, but there's nothing there to confirm it's hard mode:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7172/screenshot2013041900015.jpg

If you do want proof, ask Sinkhole to show you his 72 offhand hilt we got from the last boss. Also, I did mention Alecia in my Enjin post but forgot to do it here since I was in a hurry to post right after we killed. Thank you Alecia for filling in before our other healer reached level 55. Lastly, I was posting the log to help your analysis of raid damage to formulate a more accurate tank stat spread and relic recommendations, not to investigate whether we cleared it or not. You know me well enough to know I have no motivation for lying about clearing content.

Edited by cloudblade

<Aisthesis> is now 7/7 Scum and Villainy. AM got it about 2 hours before we did. :-) Fully blind run though; no PTS or guides!

If we are in accusation mode, I would like to point out that you participated in both SM S&V and a few bosses in HM S&V while on the PTS. Therefore, your claim above about being a "fully blind run though" is false.

In our successful final attempt, we did have an anomaly active during the entire tantrum phase and we were still in combat after the TFB died. Most of us had to use /stuck after the fight. If you look at Braille's log, his is longer since he died during the tantrum right before we killed the boss; thus his log ended. I do have a screenshot, but there's nothing there to confirm it's hard mode:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7172/screenshot2013041900015.jpg

If you do want proof, ask Sinkhole to show you his 72 offhand hilt we got from the last boss. Also, I did mention Alecia in my Enjin post but forgot to do it here since I was in a hurry to post right after we killed. Thank you Alecia for filling in before our other healer reached level 55. Lastly, I was posting the log to help your analysis of raid damage to formulate a more accurate tank stat spread and relic recommendations, not to investigate whether we cleared it or not. You know me well enough to know I have no motivation for lying about clearing content.

The screenshot is sufficient (boss HP is visible, in case anyone is being pedantic). More significantly, Loggus's log includes the actual kill (http://www.torparse.com/a/183843/43/0/Log). Note the Trickshot entry, which hits for 0 damage just prior to the Trapped in the Void debuff falling off. I am somewhat curious as to why you had to use /stuck. That fight has always had a delay of 5-10 seconds following the kill before combat drops.

I wasn't meaning to insult, just calling out something that looked really suspicious. Whenever people post progress (especially server firsts), I always check the logs, so don't think I singled you out. Torparse search is a very under-utilized tool.

If we are in accusation mode, I would like to point out that you participated in both SM S&V and a few bosses in HM S&V while on the PTS. Therefore, your claim above about being a "fully blind run though" is false.

I didn't participate in the first clear of S&V with Aisthesis. I was watching and in Mumble, but they did it solo. My blind clear claim stands, though obviously I have no way to prove it. Not that it matters. There's no progression ranking for "blind clear".

Edited by KeyboardNinja

So just to clarify what happened and the reason for everyone's death at the end of the Final Boss of TFB HM is that we had 2 anomalies left after killing the 3rd set of tentacles. The DPS who was responsible for killing the anomalies finished off one of the two anomalies that were left and then switched over too the Terror immediately. The enrage timer is WAY tighter on the last boss then it was previously. When we killed the Terror the Anomaly did not go away like you would think it would, so when it transported us back outside it took me a few seconds then I realized I was still in combat. I tried seeing if there was anyway to run far enough to break combat but it wouldn't so we just all decided to /stuck. The fight is SOOOOO much more fun now though, the slow adds are no longer allowed to be called as such because they haul *** now lol. Also you have very little time to kill the orbs after killing the tentacles inside of the portal so you have to be spot on about not wasting any unnecessary time moving from platform to platform. Also the healers have to continue healing during the orb phase because of the high damage output they have. Its completely nuts but it makes it fun and challenging again. Everyone is gonna love it!!!

Updated. Apologies for the tardiness, I was in Vegas for the weekend.

Also in the future, do not submit any claims for guild progression unless it is with 100% guild members. No big deal on TFB 55 since it's essentially the same fights and barely qualifies as progression, but out of fairness to the guilds that are doing their best with the rosters they have I won't be updating and S&V HM kills unless it's a full guild kill.

Gratz on the progression for so many guilds!

Edited by Bombbuster