***Official PvE Progression V2***

Bombbuster

Kels to 62% on our best pull, Ciphas dropping consistently...

We'll get those bastards before 2.4 :)

60%. Learn to number better Az. :3

Edit: Has a decision on the change of formatting for the thread been made? With 2.4 coming on Tues, it would probably be smart to figure something out asap. :)

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like all the guilds but one want to go with a split format, one list for each op, so that's what we'll use. I'll try and get the changes done soon but I have been very busy with RL.

On that note, if someone wants to take over the progression thread please post your intention here. Must be willing to check the thread and make updates daily, without disappearing for weeks on end like previous thread owners have done.

It looks like all the guilds but one want to go with a split format, one list for each op, so that's what we'll use. I'll try and get the changes done soon but I have been very busy with RL.

Entirely fair.

On that note, if someone wants to take over the progression thread please post your intention here. Must be willing to check the thread and make updates daily, without disappearing for weeks on end like previous thread owners have done.

Are you expressing a desire to step down as the maintainer? What I mean is, it's much easier for me if you're maintaining the list, but I would rather take over than allow the list to simply go away.

I'd love to maintain the progression thread. I talked about it with KBN and we could definitely transition it over to a v3, which, since new content is dropping tomorrow, seems like a good transition time. We'd be going forward with the idea that most people seemed to favor in terms of how to set it up and rank it, and with new content coming, it seems like most active guilds will be posting new clears soon. If you let me know by today, KBN and I can transition it over tonight.

I have plenty of time to check the thread and update it, and I'm hopefully well-known enough that people won't have qualms participating with the thread under new ownership, so to speak.

My proposal for the itemized list:

Not defeated

Defeated on SM (if not "previous" tier; if there's a NiM for that op)

Defeated on previous tier (SM for the new ops; HM for the current)

Defeated on current tier

Defeated on current tier (server first!)

The colors here are "Black", "Silver", "Red", "Green" and "RoyalBlue". Copy/paste the block character.

For example, the list for TfB would look like the following:

Terror From Beyond

The Underworld Alliance ®

Aisthesis ®

Proper Villains (E)

New OutRiders ®

Random Noobs ®

Outstanding problems with this:

• Slightly tedious to update (you should see the raw text of the above)
  • Doesn't track faction first at all (do we care?)

Titles can be indicated with a badge. For example, :sy_title: Or even something more subtle, like an asterisk (*).

I'm not sure that my list of outstanding problems is much of a concern (minus the "tedious to update") since we're going to be keeping a separate linear text list down at the bottom of the post.

Random thought: it might be worth putting in the explicit rules that Imp/Pub mirror guilds are allowed to post separately if they so desire (e.g. we could post HM clears for <Antithesis>). This has been implicitly accepted in the past (see: Forsaken Wrath), but never codified to my knowledge.

Random thought: it might be worth putting in the explicit rules that Imp/Pub mirror guilds are allowed to post separately if they so desire (e.g. we could post HM clears for <Antithesis>). This has been implicitly accepted in the past (see: Forsaken Wrath), but never codified to my knowledge.

I'm not a huge fan of allowing mirror guilds into the list. I just get the impression that people are just decking their mains out in legacy gear and smuggling to the mirrored faction. Obviously its not always the case, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

I'm not a huge fan of allowing mirror guilds into the list. I just get the impression that people are just decking their mains out in legacy gear and smuggling to the mirrored faction. Obviously its not always the case, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

I feel the same way. To me, that is like posting an alt group for a guild progressed too and may end up making the list too cumbersome and less meaningful.

I'd love to maintain the progression thread. I talked about it with KBN and we could definitely transition it over to a v3, which, since new content is dropping tomorrow, seems like a good transition time. We'd be going forward with the idea that most people seemed to favor in terms of how to set it up and rank it, and with new content coming, it seems like most active guilds will be posting new clears soon. If you let me know by today, KBN and I can transition it over tonight.

I have plenty of time to check the thread and update it, and I'm hopefully well-known enough that people won't have qualms participating with the thread under new ownership, so to speak.

Excellent, the progression thread is yours, and I know we all look forward to changes.

For my part it's been great and I have enjoyed maintaining the server progression thread. My RL has been so busy of late and the thread deserves daily updates, so I felt that stepping aside would be in the best interest of the server.

Gratz on the new ops HM kills. Like many players across every server I am disappointed the new ops lack the challenge of the previous content but I suppose it's best for the game as a whole to have easier operations that are accessible to more players. Everything is cyclic I suppose.

Gratz on the new ops HM kills. Like many players across every server I am disappointed the new ops lack the challenge of the previous content but I suppose it's best for the game as a whole to have easier operations that are accessible to more players. Everything is cyclic I suppose.

They're definitely harder than we expected. The second boss is a beast. Not anywhere near nightmare mode though. :-(

Hey guys,

I'm starting a new thread for the progression list since I'm taking over ownership. If you're guild is still active, please start posting clears over there for the new ops, or post saying that you're still active. I'll be transitioning clears from SV/TFB over as soon as I hear from your guild, but I figure this is a good time to see who is still raiding/participating.

Thanks!

Bombbuster, would you mind posting a note on the OP indicating the location of the new progression thread? Editing the title to include the tag "(outdated)" would probably be good as well, just to make things clearer.

Allow me to express the profound gratitude of the entire PvE community on The Ebon Hawk over four content iterations! Your work has been exemplary in the face of guild feuding and even some personal attacks. I know I've had some very vocal disagreements with how this list has been run at times in the past, but don't think that even for a moment I didn't respect your efforts or your impartiality. Thank you, Bombbuster. I look forward to seeing your posts on the new thread!