***Official PvE Progression V2***

Bombbuster

Updated.

Also, I'm thinking of combining the factions into one progression list, while keeping the color designator to indicate the appropriate faction. So the new list would look something like:

<Empire>

<Wrath of the Forsaken>

<Nemesis>

<Hand of the Republic>

<Anger Management>

etc.

Post any objections here.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense to me. It does somewhat diminish the value of faction first though, which is unfortunate but perhaps fair. Empire is basically going to end up sitting permanently on top of the list, which seems reasonable to me given that they get the server firsts by a fairly wide margin.

One thing that might be worth doing is annotating certain entries with extra notes (like "server first" or "faction first"). This is significant because the weight of that achievement can get lost if another guild progresses faster on subsequent content (e.g. Nemesis got server second TfB HM, but Wrath is currently ranked higher because we were second on NiM EC). So, this might look something like…

<Empire>

http://www.empire-shien.com

• Eternity Vault: 5/5 SM, HM, NM 8man; 5/5 SM, NM 16man
  • Karagga's Palace: 5/5 SM, HM, NM 8man; 5/5 SM, HM 16man
  • Explosive Conflict: 4/4 SM, HM 8man; 4/4 SM, 3/4 HM 16man
  • Terror from Beyond: 5/5 SM, HM 8man (server first)
  • EC NM 8 man 4/4 (server first)

<Wrath of the Forsaken>

• Eternity Vault: 5/5 SM, HM, NM 8man
  • Karagga's Palace: 5/5 SM, HM, NM 8man
  • Explosive Conflict: 4/4 SM, HM 8man
  • Terror from Beyond: 5/5 SM, HM 8man (faction first)
  • EC NM 8 man 4/4 (faction first)

Not sure how far we would want to take this, or even if it's a good idea in the first place, but I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion.

Oh, and big congratulations to Nemesis! Nightmare Kephess is *not* an easy fight, and killing him is a serious accomplishment. Well done.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I like the idea of the Server First, I would suggest that you do Server First for Both 8man and 16man. I know most guilds on the Server just do 8 man, so knowing what guilds do 16man and got Server first/Faction first for 16man as well would be nice

In my opinion, there's only so much breakdown of "firsts" you can do before it becomes really redundant and the achievement of a "first" kill becomes mundane. I think that the "first" listing should apply only to Hardmodes and Nightmare modes before the first round of nerfs are issued. Also due to our the small percentage of our server that competes in upper end PvE I think the 16man/8man realm first division is a little redundant. We don't have a truly competitive 16man race on our server where there are multiple guilds running that comp during progression. Any server first 16man is likely to be a 16man put together by a guild who's already cleared it (many times) on 8man.

Just my thoughts about how far in depth the rank order should be taken.

Gnomess already beat me to the punch but I'll go ahead and say it: I will continue to annotate any 16 man clears but I won't be annotating any 16 man 'firsts' until we have guilds saving their progression lockouts for 16 man, and competeing as 16 man guilds, instead of clearing on 8 man for weeks/months, and then throwing a 16 man together for grins and giggles.

On that note, no one in the world has cleared EC NM on 16 man. It would sure put our humble little RP server on the map if a couple of guilds merged and did current progression ops in 16 mode ;)

Edited by Bombbuster

Grats to Anger Management for the 16 man kills, an also to Hand of the Republic and Underworld Alliance for their joint 4/5 TFB HM run, server firsts for 16 man Operator IX and Kheph! Good to see some 16 man kills and the genesis of some 16 man raiding. Hope this is a sign of things to come ;~) Edited by Bombbuster

In my opinion, there's only so much breakdown of "firsts" you can do before it becomes really redundant and the achievement of a "first" kill becomes mundane. I think that the "first" listing should apply only to Hardmodes and Nightmare modes before the first round of nerfs are issued. Also due to our the small percentage of our server that competes in upper end PvE I think the 16man/8man realm first division is a little redundant. We don't have a truly competitive 16man race on our server where there are multiple guilds running that comp during progression. Any server first 16man is likely to be a 16man put together by a guild who's already cleared it (many times) on 8man.

Just my thoughts about how far in depth the rank order should be taken.

Not to mention there is no gear/rare drop incentive to do 16man.

Updated. I'll add server first if you can confirm.

I can confirm that this is a server first. We don't have the title yet in Wrath (ran out of time before the holiday break, and people still aren't back yet). I know that Empire *didn't* have the title at the holidays, and as far as I know they haven't gone into NiM EC since then. So, yeah…grats on the server first, Nemesis!

Incidentally, if you want to annotate the older progression entries with server/faction first, I know of the following ones:

• 8 man HM TfB (Empire server first; Wrath of the Forsaken faction first)
  • 8 man NiM EC (Empire server first; Wrath of the Forsaken faction first)

I have no idea who cleared HM EC first on The Ebon Hawk. Of the guilds from back in the day that are still active now, my guess would be Anger Management, but it could have also been Aphelion (their progression team became Wrath of the Forsaken). The Code never cleared HM EC, despite leading the progression curve back when 1.2 dropped, and in any case they aren't active anymore.

Annotating server/faction first farther back than HM TfB probably isn't worthwhile since we were all on different servers prior to that op. We would have to answer the question of what it means for multiple guilds to have "server first".

Edited by KeyboardNinja

If i recall correctly, Wrath of the Forsaken cleared HM EC before Anger Management at least for pubside. I don't know if there was a guild that killed it before either impside.

this is where an achievement system would be lovely..unless they date codex entries.

Edited by Gnomess

Im not 100% certain on EC HM (seems so long ago) I believe we might of cleared it first but i know it was a matter of a few hours if not a day between Anger Management clearing it and you guys in Wrath. Like I said im not 100% sure.

I know pre 1.2 the code had cleared HM KP first and we had Cleared HM EV first, back then though we were one of the few guilds even doing ops

Edited by rhoule