Honest Question, what legacy perks have you bought?

Jedi_Tyran

Disagree completely. The rocket boots can be used inside instances and while you're stealth. Real time saver. Worth every single credit I've put to it.

Totally agree with this.

I originally bought it for my bounty hunter so I could use more of the jetpack and for use when my mount wasnt usable. The best thing about rocket boots in my opinion is that it can be used in stealth. It saved me alot of time on my operative and must have increased my leveling speed alot more than the the exp char perks ever could. Being able to press Sneak (increased stealth) then just boost past multiple packs within instances is just awesome. Cant imagine leveling a stealth char without this now, totally worth it and I am saving for the 3 ranks.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with this.

I originally bought it for my bounty hunter so I could use more of the jetpack and for use when my mount wasnt usable. The best thing about rocket boots in my opinion is that it can be used in stealth. It saved me alot of time on my operative and must have increased my leveling speed alot more than the the exp char perks ever could. Being able to press Sneak (increased stealth) then just boost past multiple packs within instances is just awesome. Cant imagine leveling a stealth char without this now, totally worth it and I am saving for the 3 ranks.

Same here, I bought all 3 stages and can activate it every 16 seconds... saves so much time, especially you can use it where speeders are not allowed and pre-speeder toons benefit from it greatly.

None...well actually did get speeder 3 training on one of alts but other than that have not bought any of them. I understand they are money sinks but then I tend to keep a couple million credits on hand and don't have 5 mil + to blow on jet boost let alone any of the other over priced luxury perks. I would be all for reducing cost of the perks the higher your legacy level is actually.

==Bought==

Global:

- Rocket Boost Level 1

- Reduced Quick Travel Level 1

Character Perks (Main)

- Field Respec

Character Perks (Current Leveling Alts [2 toons])

- Increased XP Class Quests Levels 1-5

- Increased XP Exploration Levels 1-5

- Increased XP Space Missions Levels 1-5

Character Perks (All alts below level 25 at the time I bought [4 or 5 toons])

- Speeder at level 10 (did not buy any others cause I have the recruit a friend speeder so I get the extra speed anyway)

==Earned==

Species:

- Sith Pureblood

- Zabrak

- Rattataki

- Chiss

Class:

- Sith Warrior

- Sith Inquisitor

- Bounty Hunter

- Imperial Agent

- 2/3 of Jedi Knight

Companion perks

- 5/5 on all classes listed -1 on Jedi Knight

I think that's it. The character perks for leveling seem to work pretty well. Using the 15 perks listed I can effectively level my character to the proper level for the content by only doing class quests, planet quests, uncovering map, and space missions. This allows me to not feel the need to grind through all the side missions I did on other toons or feel the need to do flashpoints or pvp which I don't care to do till max level. I used this method for my Jedi Knight 10 - 44 and he's kept pace every step.

For my next toon to level I think I'm going to try doing PvP bonus XP 1-5 and Flashpoint XP 1-5 and try to level the toon from 10-50 without ever leaving the fleet, then go back and run through the class quests on easymode at like level 45-50.

The earned perks are awesome, I wish there were more of them. Having all 4 buffs is great for leveling an grouping and it's cool to be able to make any class be a species you've unlocked if they can't be it by default.

I think the legacy perks are overpriced, but I don't find them useless. If they were to augment the price or make it easy to get credits it would be a decent system IMO. There's a thread about making your legacy level equate to a discount on price of perks, I think this is a perfect solution.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly
Added earned perks and thoughts

Rocket boost, so i can look like iron man and black hole transport so i can avoid the ultra long corellia zoning.

Anything else is just not worth it. Sure it's supposed to be a credit sink, but at least make it useful like "Celerity" (increased sprint speed bonus) that was on the "Coming soon" tab, but got removed with 1.3

the rocket boost animation might end prematurely but the speed increase persists for the full duration. you'll see the speed buff still up on your status bar, and when the speed buff ends there is a sound effect and then your companion re-appears

I find the speed buff to be really nice to have because you can use it in areas where you cannot get on your speeder, and it's a legacy-wide perk. still debating whether to get level 2 and/or level 3 though. can i get level 3 without getting level 2 first?

Not sure, but a guildie tried buying level 2 or 3 without buying level 1 first and it enabled him to not be able to use the perk at all until he bought level 1. I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you get confirmation first, even then there's not guarantee they wouldn't change it to require the lower levels first in a later patch.

- BH travel - its universal and a no-brainer when you do those dailies a lot and have "suffered" through going from Fleet to BH "the normal way" a handful of times.

This is a character perk and is therefore not universal. The only reason I didn't buy it is I wasn't going to buy it on 4 or 5 toons, if it had been universal I probably would have.

Looks like I am the exception. I have unlocked the sith race, bought all of the universal perks, and when I made a new charecter last weekend I bought out the warzone lvl'ing since I dont want to do the pub quests. On my main I have lvl 1 vender, and bloack hole t4ransport, which now seems so pointgless since they made it available to anyone clicking on a ship door.

Why have I bought all this crap, simple I wanted to stock up on daily tokens for stuff. 400 so I can buy 2 campaign relics and now I need to get a frew hundred more so I can buy all the HK gear sets. So I turned that pve need into cash and with that cash I bought game lasting perks versus tier lasting perks.

I'm not buying anything until I see what's in the Cartel Shop thing. I'm hoping I can just buy everything with regular cash. I could care less about in game credits. I spend all day grinding actual American money... not pretend fairy gold or whatever...

The only things I have gotten have been the level 10 Speeder ( and then just jump to the third tier dont bother with tier two)

I've also been getting the Story and exploration XP boosts just to push things, as Ive seen the " world" stories so often now and what not so Im really there to see class stories and level alts- and it does speed them up- more because I dont do many heroics and cant stand pvp beyond once in a blue moon

I have not really spent much on the other perks at all actually. Mostly my fault because, though I have 4 50s I HATE dailies so doing them is like twisting my arm.

Remember folks according to Damion Schubert:

"What we have spent the most time on since launch is beefing up the Legacy system, which is designed to get you to play the other really good content. We will probably continue beefing that up because it's our best stuff."

Legacy is EAware's "best stuff". :rolleyes:

On my main, I bought 3/4 quick travels (everything but outlaw's den), repair droid, mailbox, and I believe that's it on that character. On my other level 50, he has the dromund kaas and outlaw's den quick travel, some increased PvP and story XP (pretty useful), and repair droid. On all my characters I have the war zone training dummy and 90% speeder. I refuse to make my mercenary until I somehow get 2 million credits for rocket boost.

Legacy of crafting. If you're making level 26-27 raid gear, the crits pay for the enhancement in equity after relatively few combines. 1% on a 2m credit item = 20K additional equity every time you click combine. Rank 3 for 350k is earning you 60k each combine, so pays for itself* in 6 - 10 combines, depending on what you're making.

*in equity, the only way you can weight it.

Edited by anakedcowboy

I bought the level 10 mounts on all my characters. I did buy the level increases for PvP, Space and Quests on one of my characters to see if it really made a difference. That character leveled up just as fast as my other characters that didn't have the xp boosts. So I won't ever purchase those again. The only other legacy perk that I would probably buy is the field respec thing. And that is a big if. Other than that? I don't waste my money in it because there isn't anything there that is worth it to me.

my agent:

all the space xp perks

all the warzone xp perks

quicktravels

Level 1 speeder

Repair bot lvl 1

mail bot lvl 1

My sorc

All mail bot

all repair bot

all quick travels

Global

all reductions in fleet pass

companion sell junk speeds all of them

Maybe more, I forget.

Human Unlock: Really wanted the 100 presence buff

Warzone & Class Quests XP: 4 characters

Repair Droid: 2 characters

Speeder 1: 6 characters

Companion Gift XP: 2 characters

Mail Droid: 1 character

I know of a couple more but I can't remember off the top of my head. I have bought the XP perks a few times as I only wanted to do class quest+PVP on 4 alts instead of repeating all the side quests.

Edited by LukeSaberRattler

I bought the speeder at level 10, bought the bonus class (rank 2), exploration (rank 2), and flashpoint (rank 1) experience, and bonus companion conversation affection rank 1 and 2, and gift affection rank 1. Other than that, I don't need anything - at least for this character. My future characters, funded by extra credits from two 50's, might buy some more, but that's probably it for this alt until speeder rank 2 at 30.

I think the legacy unlocks are great just way to expensive

first off legacy buffs, species unlocks, boosted stats from companion affection and heroic abilities = so much win

now the millions I have pissed away in game on legacy

-the unity ability [i love this ability]

-the valor unlocks and the social unlocks [ehh..]

-all the ship upgrades except the gtn and warzone dummy

-rocket boots but not the quick travel or fleetpass cooldowns

-unlocked miraluka species for imperial characters to make a blind sniper

-legacy of leadership 2 [ehh...]

-legacy crafting 3 [awsome]

-companion affection unlocks on alts and where needed [thank you]

-all 4 priority transports [main only]

-speeder unlocks on alts [thank you]

-improved class exp on all alts and at least 1 other exp specialization [flashpoints or warzones]

-repair droid

-mail droid

-respec droid

though expensive, every purchase has been worth it [except maybe the unarmed abilities] and has made playing the game more convienent and a little more fun

Stuff that has been at least marginally useful:

early speeder unlock on baby toonlets (saved a lot of time on imp Balmorra and pub Taris)

repair droid (level 1) on all active toons (used mostly on my 50s in ops)

BH priority transport on my 50s (often used)

field mailbox (I bought this on my main on a lazy day when I didn't want to travel back from the Gav and use it on RARE occasions)

increased xp from class quests (1-5) on my ia (I just wanted to do class and world quests but as an operative I wasn't killing enough so I still ended up underleveled. Not sure this really helped all that much.)

Stuff I wish I hadn't bothered with:

increased xp from pvp on my ia (I didn't pvp enough for it to be worth it)

priority transport to capital cities on my ia (I thought this would be great on my ia, but turns out that when you get a quest saying to travel to Dromund Kaas if you use this it doesn't register. So you end up having to travel back to the spaceport, back to your ship, jump to Korriban or wherever and THEN travel back....way more trouble than it was worth.)

In short, there's not much I really care to purchase. Might get rocket boots at some point, but that's about it on my wish list.

Edited by iamthehoyden

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.