Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

Alec_Fortescue

Battlelord is pain, I just camped GTN. Some people actually do farm them through lv 300, i think, TH boxes. or 340. Dunno, I am not a pub. I spent only 3 mil on the full set back when I got it in February. It's still in my cargo and boe - waiting for the better times.

Wow I have never gotten anything nice in those boxes lol Though I've only sent missions out for them a handful of times.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that all if the cool armour mentioned in this thread thats not in-game will be available to buy with cartel coins (with open mods) ...

It is very likely. On the preview video there is a hood-down armor (Jugger has it but with a hood up variant) visible on the cartel shop menu. :/ It will be a very bad move if the armor from pre-release ads will be in the Cash Shop. But we'll see. It's pretty much only a month to go. It comes this Fall and Winter starts on 3rd December, no? :)

It is very likely. On the preview video there is a hood-down armor (Jugger has it but with a hood up variant) visible on the cartel shop menu. :/ It will be a very bad move if the armor from pre-release ads will be in the Cash Shop. But we'll see. It's pretty much only a month to go. It comes this Fall and Winter starts on 3rd December, no? :)

I'm guessing:

Quest reward armour in game will stay

Mods will be quest based, dailies, FP and OP reputation rewards etc.

Themed gear obtained in FP and OPs ie that suit the instances, will stay.

Pvp season based (open mods) gear will appear (has it already? I don't pvp)

Random world drop armour sets that are in game will be in cash shop. Probably the only place to get them.

Social gear will be in cash shop only.

'Cool' gear will be in cash shop ie the stuff we're talking about in this thread as seen in the BW gameplay vids.

And finally, I hope that BW make your class quests on your home planet give you your 'standard' gear set ie Jedi by the time they get their ship, get their standard brown robes set (with open mods) by the time they get their ship. Then other cool open mods gear is obtained by major quests, FPs, OPs, pvp with of course the really cool stuff being in the cash shop...

Nah, social stuff will remain to be purchasable for credits. Otherwise they'd have to remove social rating. I believe that most sets in the cash shop will be social so everyone will be able to wear them. It is possible that there will be class restrictions on some but I don't believe it will make it.... They will cry too much, especially bounty hunters who always wear juggernaut robes.

Nah, social stuff will remain to be purchasable for credits. Otherwise they'd have to remove social rating. I believe that most sets in the cash shop will be social so everyone will be able to wear them. It is possible that there will be class restrictions on some but I don't believe it will make it.... They will cry too much, especially bounty hunters who always wear juggernaut robes.

Do you think? BW could probably make a lot of money by making the slave girl gear only available via cartel coins. I bet they do that.

the only armor I miss is my pink boots from beta... bring em back BW!

Do you think? BW could probably make a lot of money by making the slave girl gear only available via cartel coins. I bet they do that.

they would probably be the best selling item on the whole shop... I know I have a set on every female toon I own even if they are just sitting in the bank... and usually a few of them per toon for companions...

I like putting the slave girl bottom on my trooper with a proper heavy armor chest piece... it looks like she got up and ran off to war but forgot to put pants on :D

Edited by Liquidacid

Screenshots;

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/screens/sith-assassin

I don't think we can look like this, can we?

Yes we can actually.

That outfit is the Exalted Inquisitor set with the Grand Inquisitor's Sash (I think the Lower Robes might be Grand Inquisitor as well).

So I hereby nicknamed that in-game look: The Exalted Grand Inquisitor suit.

That one aside, my sorc is geared entirely in Adaptive gear, because the Inquisitor gear is ugly (with the notable exception of head gear:D, I have so many cool helmets and so few cool ANYTHING else:().

Here are some looks I hunted down that I can't find:

1. One of Darth Lachris's robes

2. Revan gear The issue I have here is that I have a premium version of that set, but the only moddable one I could find is light/baby blue: I don't like this colour - BW wants it's baby, baby blue Revans I guess.

3. Red Exalted Inquistor Gear This was not in Beta, or on PTS but I was hoping they'd make it - the purple/violet on the live one isn't my thing.

Will add more later.

Revan's gear in the Cash Shop in is only a matter of time. Everyone knows that players want it badly and I'd pay five quid for a moddable set for my Juggernaut... And look: since there is a Nihilus' lost mask in the Cash Shop why would there not be a Revan's Armor replica? :D It might even be held secret for now and then, when Cash Shop hits next month, be in the first wave apperance items based on existing models (as Bioware said). Edited by Alec_Fortescue

This is why I hate games that focus on gear; your character's value is often determined by the gear you're wearing and now how well you can play. That and you often have to face the dilemma of choosing armor that has good stats, or armor that actually LOOKS good. Other games have ways around this; LOTRO lets you create a cosmetic armor set, where it's basically a costume with whatever colors and pieces you want and you can still wear whatever mismatched, bad colored and high statted armor you want, because no one will see it, they'll just see the beautiful cosmetic set you designed for your character. DCUO lets you pick and choose from all the armor and weapons you've ever equipped on your character which pieces to display as your costume, regardless of what armor sets you're actually wearing. And of course, CoH let you just make the costume you wanted, no matter what you wore it didn't affect your character's performance.

The armor problems in SW:TOR would be easily solved with a more intricate cosmetic armor system. Sure, you can 'sync' colors of your armor to your chest piece, but that doesn't always create a good looking set, and finding chest armor that actually LOOKS good can be difficult for alot of classes.

Wow just came here to see this thread and have to totally agree with what was said before.

Especially the post from someone saying its like haveing a deck of aces but not showing them

hits the point perfectly.

I mean come on Bioware/EA... You so KNOW that if you should put that kind of stuff that was there from the beginning

into the cash shop you will lose this community entirely. We are allready angered about many things but that

I think would be one of the last nails of the coffin.

Thanks for the bump. We should be requesting those sets not to be available in the cash shop, though. They were advertised to be a player character armor way before anyone would even think of TOR going f2p.

Indeed *nods* But currently I have lost hope with this game *sigh* I mean EA seems to take us subbers for granted...

This is the biggest problem for me with this game, I see awesome looking armors all over their own site, NPCs, trailers etc etc. But ingame it is a completly different story, armors are just horrible. I really don't understand the design decision to create all these great looking armors and not have them available for the players. It makes no sense!

People have been asking for an armor just like the one in the Jedi Knight character creation screen since release, why has nothing been done about this issue?! :mad:

Edit: I stopped playing this game the whole summer and until recently because of this issue, I really don't care about stats or anything like that. I only care about getting cool looking gear, and that is not available in this game for Jedi Knights.

Edited by Merwanor

The sad part is that even the sets that will be available on the cartel store is just retextures of armors allready in the game, and not a single hood down Jedi Knight robe. There are some hood down robes, but they have a sith look.

I really don't understand Bioware anymore, this is such a simple thing to do and it would please so many players.

The sad part is that even the sets that will be available on the cartel store is just retextures of armors allready in the game, and not a single hood down Jedi Knight robe. There are some hood down robes, but they have a sith look.

I really don't understand Bioware anymore, this is such a simple thing to do and it would please so many players.

Yes, destroyer armor is your pure Sith set. No one who's looking for a Jedi rp experience should wear it. Robe is dark-gray with Sith tattoos all over the side. In addition to this, the armor itself has a stupid, yellow paint. What was the problem in putting advertised or character creation armor into the cash shop? Less problem than making retexture of the Rampage Assault...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue