Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

Alec_Fortescue

Thank you very much for making this! I was OP of the thread that you said you would make this in, I honestly didn't think you would pull it off. :p Great job! I hope these get put in especially that sweet jedi knight armor which isn't in the game for some reason... Edited by Foxinator

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for making this! I was OP of the thread that you said you would make this, I honestly didn't think you would pull it off. :p Great job! I hope these get put in especially that sweet jedi knight armor which isn't in the game for some reason...

<3 I spent 2000 hours in The Old Republic and I cannot get used to it, man. Republic Fleet is full of monks -_- I played 3 Imperial clases so far and about to play Agent. So far I am happy with the gear and all. Juggernaut looks great and has a range of hood up and hood down looks. I love this class, it's playstyle and really fun DPSing. I really wanted to mirror that with a Jedi guardian right after I finished my SW storyline but I just couldn't look at my character covered by hood for the whole time. By the way, feel to contribute any pictures and all you find. Because I didn't play all the classes my knowledge of gear sets for any other classes than Kngiht/Warrior is rather limited.

Not really. Wear the Jedi Battlelord's headpiece, it forces the hood down. There, it isn't a separate armor piece?

Not really, because when a head piece removes the hood it does exactly that, it removes it. The hood does not appear in the down position, as it does on the piece with the hood down.

:cool:

Republic Fleet is full of monks

Lack of creative adventure then IMO. I have never clothed any of my Republic characters monkish. There are plenty of choices in moddable armor to avoid this on both sides of the game. Just like my Sorc is dressed in pants not a silly skirt as well.

TL;DR there are ways to dress almost identical to the many clips in the OP. You just need to work at it a bit instead of asking for handouts in armor sets. Player selection and design of outfits is a minigame in this game and should be enjoyed as such IMO.

Edited by Andryah

That is a really nice idea. Wouldn't mind that. However they'd have to add a good lot of low quality items because the ones available are nothing like those shown in advertisements. It would be amazing to "reinforce" the Aspiring Knight's green set you get on Tython imo.

Aspiring Knights gear is a Synth craftable orange you can make and wear onwards from level 15.

My Jedi cannot wear a robe with a hood down because there are none (apart from one useless green/blue exception).

My Jedi all wear modable robes with hood down. It's not hard to do with the headpiece options available to you.

As for your clown comment, I'm not sure what your difficulty is. It's pretty easy to assemble a nice looking matched Jedi outfit in this game. It was tough at launch, but not since 1.3.

Aspiring Knights gear is a Synth craftable orange you can make and wear onwards from level 15.

That's not actually the Aspiring Knight's chest piece though. It's the Temple Guardian chest piece. You know, the one you can buy for Tython commendations. The rest of the set is right, but the chest piece is not, so it really isn't the same set.

Now i remember why i was so displeased at the armor sets we were given, i mean look at the JK armor concept art, that's some beautiful work right there yet we have never goetten any of those robes. (besides the first one)

"I didn't get what I want RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!"

Need I say more than that and that things change...no one at all said this is what you would be playing. At first lightsabers were at least 3x bigger than they are now...should I rage because they are no longer the size they were in in early videos before launch...?

:rolleyes:

Jedi Knights have the least cool looking models of any of the gear in game IMHO. Strange because you would think they would get the best looking stuff.

No, no. Consulars have the worst looking armors. At least Knights don't have to run around looking like a reject from Little House on the Prairie most of the time.

"I didn't get what I want RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!"

Need I say more than that and that things change...no one at all said this is what you would be playing. At first lightsabers were at least 3x bigger than they are now...should I rage because they are no longer the size they were in in early videos before launch...?

:rolleyes:

Yes the OP is asking why we didn't get armor that looks good even though it was already int he game, why he must be a spoiled brat.

I mean who would ever ask for outfits that were advertised in the games trailer?

What a silly thought. :rolleyes:

My Jedi all wear modable robes with hood down. It's not hard to do with the headpiece options available to you.

As for your clown comment, I'm not sure what your difficulty is. It's pretty easy to assemble a nice looking matched Jedi outfit in this game. It was tough at launch, but not since 1.3.

Care to show us your Jedi characters then? I'd really like to see them wearing modable robes with hood down. And the headpieces which don't remove the hood but make it go down instead.

Also, in your posts you say how there are plenty of armor choices and how easy it is to assemble a good looking outfit, but you never gave any specific examples. Care to provide some?

Very nicely done.

Fully agree that it stinks that the player base was lied to. The devs pre-launch kept saying we aren't willing to talk about things until they are in the game to the point that nothing could be discussed by the player base as the devs were only willing to talk about the facts they had story and VO.

So when we got these videos it was ment to show us what the game would look like. Instead the Warhammer or Warcraft or 80% shoulder pad fashion design team came in and made the vast majority of the armour look ugly. From a mauraders point of view while not show in the armour progression video most of their armour ends up being skirts from 32 to 49, with equally ugly boots and armour to match.

What we saw in those videos looked good and subtle what we got was OTT armour with bits and blades and ugly accessories. Finding a Bounty Hunter who hasn't got random tubes and pipes and the like all over his armour would be very good.

Very nicely done.

Fully agree that it stinks that the player base was lied to. The devs pre-launch kept saying we aren't willing to talk about things until they are in the game to the point that nothing could be discussed by the player base as the devs were only willing to talk about the facts they had story and VO.

So when we got these videos it was ment to show us what the game would look like. Instead the Warhammer or Warcraft or 80% shoulder pad fashion design team came in and made the vast majority of the armour look ugly. From a mauraders point of view while not show in the armour progression video most of their armour ends up being skirts from 32 to 49, with equally ugly boots and armour to match.

What we saw in those videos looked good and subtle what we got was OTT armour with bits and blades and ugly accessories. Finding a Bounty Hunter who hasn't got random tubes and pipes and the like all over his armour would be very good.

Thx for support. Need more of it, though. I seriously want new, custom sets added asap. The ones present in trailers. Just can't be bothered to wait for cash shop and f2p which would mean that the initially promised armor would make it into the game YEAR after the release... And we'd have to pay money for those. Those things were in the game in pre-release builds...

Now i remember why i was so displeased at the armor sets we were given, i mean look at the JK armor concept art, that's some beautiful work right there yet we have never goetten any of those robes. (besides the first one)

Completely agree. Concept art is a different story, though. It's just concept art. Most concept art armor made it but is visible only on NPCs which is shame.

Small request: can someone make a list of the Inquisitor gear - more specifically, the sorcerer stuff - that we haven't gotten yet?

I'm curious as I haven't had a chance to compare.

Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top???:)

Will do later, busy today 'cause I need to study for my tutorial. That OP took me well over an hour because I had to analyse the media and stuff. Don't have that much time today :p

It completely removes the hood, turning the robe into a trenchoat. Not to mention that you are forced to look like Cyclops from X-Men. What is the problem in adding a Jedi Battlelord hood down variant, like in the videos?

Well, it takes some work to do ... so, no, they will not do that. Wish some re-color! They can do that!

Well, it takes some work to do ... so, no, they will not do that. Wish some re-color! They can do that!

It's not really that much of a problem because they do have those variants in the game and it's all down to creating an inventory item, really. Entire art is already there and, as you can see, was used in plethora of advertising. It's not asking for creating an entire hood toggle mechanic, it's asking for adding an item which is just a hood down variation. Many players have asked for more apperance features and from among all the player requests it should be easiest to do... Because they allready have it all in the game.

There is one chest piece on the Republic side, I will get you screenshots later, which has a hood down and hood up variant. I would really wish for more of such variety in the game.

Many loyal players remained here since December, most of them got CEs and paid subs since the first day. It is very unfair that they did not get simple robes, they asked for for such a long time and which they all saw on PLAYER CHARACTER trailers and NPCs. You can see unavailable items on the most recent TFB trailer.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

There is one chest piece on the Republic side, I will get you screenshots later, which has a hood down and hood up variant. I would really wish for more of such variety in the game..

I know. That's the reason why i quit with my Jedi. Hood, hood ... still up, no head, no face ... boring. So i started Smuggler, much better.

I know. That's the reason why i quit with my Jedi. Hood, hood ... still up, no head, no face ... boring. So i started Smuggler, much better.

That's one of the reasons I've been a Sith exclusively since December. Lack of apperance. It is a big deal, especially for players with mental issues :rolleyes: