Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get

Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer is there :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=535375

We'll have to pay for those with cartel coins, and not only that : we won't even be able to get the ones we'd like unless we're extremely lucky : gamble boxes that have a "chance" to drop the gear you always thought you could get at launch... (not day one of course, but you see what I mean).

We've been loyal customers since day one, have paid a sub since day one and this is how we'll be rewarded...

I'd have thought that would fall foul of EU gambling laws.

Most awesome post OP !! clearly shows how they miss lead us pre launch.

I mean what monkey came up with the idee just before launch, remove mose armors

and make the few ones we have be only high lvl and put all the hoods up, i mean rage !!!

Those progression trailers is nothing but BS !

I'd have thought that would fall foul of EU gambling laws.

Well gambling boxes for cashshop currency obviously don't since STO implements them and has full EU language support and I have't heard of an EU vs. PWE lawsuit over that "feature" yet. One of ways to guarantee that it wouldn't be a problem is to make the cash shop gambling box drop BoE items only (which I think the current boxes already do anyway), so that there will always be a chance to buy the items on the GTN for non-real money.

Now PvP pazaak or sabacc on the other hand...

Edited by Foobert

"Small compilation of advertised gear for Player Characters, that we didn't get"

And then the same people write a long rant about the devs not communicating and not telling in advance what we might get in future patches... sigh.

The answer is there :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=535375

We'll have to pay for those with cartel coins, and not only that : we won't even be able to get the ones we'd like unless we're extremely lucky : gamble boxes that have a "chance" to drop the gear you always thought you could get at launch... (not day one of course, but you see what I mean).

We've been loyal customers since day one, have paid a sub since day one and this is how we'll be rewarded...

If thats true it will be like the fail champion bags that made alot of players unsub last winter, guess they never learn

In a game where gear is one of the few draws to continue to play IMO, having the initial gear look so silly (again, IMO) was a serious mistake.

There are far too many cool looking sets in the game RIGHT NOW to excuse this oversight. It was a blunder, one that I believe they paid for, in part, with subscription losses....as one of many blunders, missteps and poor design decisions made before launch and since.

IMO all gear should be orange gear. But short of that all gear should be convertible to orange gear with empty slots. Finally, all missing gear should be added to crafting, albeit orange with empty slots.

Edited by LordArtemis

What all Sith Inquisitors want, and that does not exist in any form in this game currently:

Solid black robes, hood up, no stupid frilly things around the front, shoulders, legs, or back. No colored borders, no stripes, no patches, no insignia, etc. Plain. Black. Robes.

Essentially, Darth Maul-style robes.

They had them available in KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2. They are missing from this game, even though the Bioware developers used the fan-made black core saber crystals and "pink" (magenta) crystal from those two games. Yes, you heard me right. Those crystals were from a fan-created mod pack for KOTOR 1 & 2.

The Jedi hood down robes you want so badly? Try playing KOTOR. You get tons of options to choose from.

In a game where gear is one of the few draws to continue to play IMO, having the initial gear look so silly (again, IMO) was a serious mistake.

There are far too many cool looking sets in the game RIGHT NOW to excuse this oversight. It was a blunder, one that I believe they paid for, in part, with subscription losses....as one of many blunders, missteps and poor design decisions made before launch and since.

IMO all gear should be orange gear. But short of that all gear should be convertible to orange gear with empty slots. Finally, all missing gear should be added to crafting, albeit orange with empty slots.

Thanks for support and words of truth. I'll see if I can update something for other classes... But I'm just simply not bothered to play non-Force users... So I don't give a damn about their armor. Just as ppl playing BH/T/A/S are not bothered with Force-slinging players wanting some robes.

Thanks for support and words of truth. I'll see if I can update something for other classes... But I'm just simply not bothered to play non-Force users... So I don't give a damn about their armor. Just as ppl playing BH/T/A/S are not bothered with Force-slinging players wanting some robes.

That's fair, but it would be great if you could do it for all classes. Some example of silliness would be the initial trooper armor, BH armor starting out isn't horrible but isn't great, Smuggler isn't too bad (though the "leather jacket" look, iconic for a smuggler gets left by the wayside pretty early.

BH and Troopers need to have helmuts and some kind of formed body armor from the get go IMO. Also the armor on vendors REALLY needs some updating. Most is just bland clothing with fancy names and stats.

This whole set up feels FAR too much like World of Warcraft IMO....but it works in that game, doesn't work here. This is Star Wars. In a game where customization and character connection is very limited iconic appearance from the get go is very important. The specials are iconic enough (despite the silly bugs), the armor should be the same.

What all Sith Inquisitors want, and that does not exist in any form in this game currently:

Solid black robes, hood up, no stupid frilly things around the front, shoulders, legs, or back. No colored borders, no stripes, no patches, no insignia, etc. Plain. Black. Robes.

Essentially, Darth Maul-style robes.

They had them available in KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2. They are missing from this game, even though the Bioware developers used the fan-made black core saber crystals and "pink" (magenta) crystal from those two games. Yes, you heard me right. Those crystals were from a fan-created mod pack for KOTOR 1 & 2.

The Jedi hood down robes you want so badly? Try playing KOTOR. You get tons of options to choose from.

You can get that. Orange chest piece. Dromund Kas token vendor. Enjoy. :cool:

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/trooper

Support.. the vanguard helmet on here doesn't exist.

Nor have I ever seen this rifle so it doesn't exist.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zcJljcdFH3Y/TtgBfRr10dI/AAAAAAAAAOY/Cznz2V7WjII/s1600/Trooper.gif

I used to have such rifle on Lt. Quinn :cool: I can't really update trooper/smuggler/agent because I didn't play them and I have no clue what sets drop from Flashpoints and quest rewards :l I want to be as objective as possible, ya know.

Well gambling boxes for cashshop currency obviously don't since STO implements them and has full EU language support and I have't heard of an EU vs. PWE lawsuit over that "feature" yet. One of ways to guarantee that it wouldn't be a problem is to make the cash shop gambling box drop BoE items only (which I think the current boxes already do anyway), so that there will always be a chance to buy the items on the GTN for non-real money.

Now PvP pazaak or sabacc on the other hand...

Yeah, it's strange though because it is basically running an in-game lottery.

Gambling boxes 4tw. Hey, it works for Mass Effect 3.

Not to mention TF2. Any furor over Valve making TF2 F2P in order to monetize gambling boxes disappeared after the first two weeks people downloaded it and started up new servers.

Good thread. I bet you no dev or Community Team member will answer to this one. They say that the hood on/off toggle is hard, because the art team needs to change the art pipeline and reprocess all existing armor. (BS) What is their excuse for this? Toons look amazing in trailers, and most in-game armor and robes look bad. It's been almost a year, we've been begging them for either a hood toggle, or some hood down robes. What will they make up for a reason this time?

Nothing. They will pretend this thread doesn't exist.

Good thread. I bet you no dev or Community Team member will answer to this one. They say that the hood on/off toggle is hard, because the art team needs to change the art pipeline and reprocess all existing armor. (BS) What is their excuse for this? Toons look amazing in trailers, and most in-game armor and robes look bad. It's been almost a year, we've been begging them for either a hood toggle, or some hood down robes. What will they make up for a reason this time?

No excuse for not putting advertised and character creation screen armor, imo. :/

You can get that. Orange chest piece. Dromund Kas token vendor. Enjoy. :cool:

This one?

http://www.torhead.com/item/7zJKeIx/black-talon-inquisitors-robe

It's not plain black, and if you try to match color of other gear pieces to it, it makes them blue, not black.

If you're talking about Saber Marshal type robes, their hood is still broken (sigh... why fix half of the robes and abandon the remaining ones?).

Reality check:

Still waiting for your answer.

Edited by Trollokdamus

If any of them say this, it's just not true, because most of those armors you CAN have with the hood down already. The only way that *I* can do it with hood up sets is to wear the Battlelord headgear (that Geordi LaForge visor), that puts the hood down, however you are wearing 80's Devo sunglasses.

If any of them say this, it's just not true, because most of those armors you CAN have with the hood down already. The only way that *I* can do it with hood up sets is to wear the Battlelord headgear (that Geordi LaForge visor), that puts the hood down, however you are wearing 80's Devo sunglasses.

I seriously want a "facepalm" smiley...

Also, I'd like to thank the supporters for making this a five-star thread.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue