Full black hole/campaign gear, but I am looking to start PVPing

owenstm

But in PVE gear I have 21k health, while PVP recruit gear I have 15k...

Those 6k HP go down pretty quick when the person fighting you has a 19% damage buff, and you have nothing to mitigate it.

Figure recruit gear is going to give you a 15% damage reduction buff, and roughly 10% damage increase. Which of course get's cancelled out by losing hundreds of points in Main Stat and END, making them about even once you do the math, until you factor in the healing buff of recruit, that gives it an edge. You know, if someone bothers to heal you in either recruit of PVE gear.

Edited by criminalheretic

What would be better to use to start off PVPing? Using my PVE gear, buying a full set of recruit gear, or perhaps a mix between the 2?

recruit gear = free to get.

if you use pve gear you will crash and burn, i was in a match and one person on our team was in full BH gear and he spent more time rezing than in the game.

I’d use a mix if you have top tier PVE gear. You definitely need a certain minimum amount of expertise, or else you’ll take damage so fast that its impossible to heal through. For Wrists, Belt use pve until you can afford to swap the mods to pvp mods, they are already the most optimal pieces for pvp. For Earpiece, Implants, Offhand, I’d use PVE until you can afford wh down the line, this works out especially well if your pve piece is optimal stat heavy (most often power). I’d say many many people use black-hole for these slots(as opposed to battlemaster) while saving up for wh. For everything else you probably want to stick w/ pvp gear and get up to battlemaster asap.

Samething can be said for people who PvE in PvP gear - really wish people would stop trying to PvE in PvP gear....such a joke!

Yeah, but scripted mobs dont take advantage of you like players do. player skill of pvp players more than makes up for some wasted stats in expertise, ill take a full auged WH in pve (anything but nightmare mode) over a full campaign PVE'r in pvp anyday.

My only concern in pve is keeping crumbs out of my keyboard while i eat my sandwich with one hand and press 12345 with the other.

I'll simply state this:

as a healer if you dont have either:

800 Expertise OR not AND, but OR 17k health then I cant heal you when you get 2 shotted.

I have had guildies in full campaign/dread armor gear and they hit pretty hard and easy to heal when under pressure.

What I find interesting is the fact people think you need PvP gear to PvP, but thats not always the case.

The only thing I would suggest someone in Campaign Gear should maybe get the PVP relics. They would be a good start. Having 0 expertise doesnt help, but neither is having 14k or less HP. I see tons of PvPers in recruit gear but it isnt effective still that they have to do the long grind, but they're the better ones than the peeps who has 12k HP with green from level 27 like they think they know PvP from a 10-49.

Campaign/BH gear is comparable with BM for PvP. Don't believe me? Crunch the numbers yourself. What is better then both? Campaign/BH with PvP implants,relics,bracers and belt. Also be aware that now WH weapon and offhand are easier to get and they will provide a big big boost in expertise.

it depends on player skill and class

its harder to play melee and be in the middle like play ranged dps wirh 0 expertise..

so when you play mara or juggy or so go with 700k expertise at least, because you are focused often.

with sorc dps you can easy do 300k dmg with 0 expertise when you LoS and move ...

but anyway i suggest 500 min and 1200 max ...

gl

Campaign/BH gear is comparable with BM for PvP. Don't believe me? Crunch the numbers yourself. What is better then both? Campaign/BH with PvP implants,relics,bracers and belt. Also be aware that now WH weapon and offhand are easier to get and they will provide a big big boost in expertise.

BH/campaign is on par with BM...now I have heard everything.

the mk2 recruit gear isn't so bad.

in PVE gear u will be childmolested.

this is a bit of a fallacy, I sometimes forget to change my pve gear back to pvp after a pop and I have no noticeable fall in performance, ok I retain about 5-600 expertise from the gear I wear in both pve and pvp.

BH gear has significantly more armor rating and endurance on it which will negate the damage reduction you are missing out on by having no expertise (from Recruit).

BH gear has significantly more mainstat and secondary stats on it which will negate the damage increase you are missing out on by having no expertise (from Recruit).

If you are already in full BH then you are going to outperform every single Recruit gear player.

BH gear has significantly more armor rating and endurance on it which will negate the damage reduction you are missing out on by having no expertise (from Recruit).

BH gear has significantly more mainstat and secondary stats on it which will negate the damage increase you are missing out on by having no expertise (from Recruit).

If you are already in full BH then you are going to outperform every single Recruit gear player.

BH gear will not negate the focus fire when:

• Rage Marauders and Juggernaughts figure they can smash you for 9K
  • Carnage Marauder discover force scream criticals for 5K, along with 4K ticks of ravage.
  • Annihilation Marauders discover you take 1500 per bleed tick and over 4000 damage from annihilate
  • Sorcerers who discover force lightning ticks for 1.4K each tick, and a deathfield critical can give them the 5K hit medal.
  • Powertechs discover that an 7K railshot is awesome.
  • Operators who discover shiv hits for 4K
  • Assassins who discover thrash and voltaic slash hit anywhere from 3K-6K a hit.
  • Vengence juggernaughts discover that vicious throw hits for 5K

Once you discover the person wearing PvE gear it takes less than 2 GCD's of focus fire to send them back to the spawn.