Full black hole/campaign gear, but I am looking to start PVPing

owenstm

Depends on the class and spec. For instance for my Arsenal merc I discovered that augmented BH gear works wastly better then recruit. I could kill people in one rotation and didnt die any faster then in recruit.

Recruit dropped my damage to half.

If people concentrate on you then yes you die fast but it's the exactly same in recruit. If they leave you to play turret you can drop them like flies.

PS. One class that PvE gear absolutely does NOT work for is Warrior/Knight. You are in close contact whole time and without expertise you are goner.

Edited by Morpurgo

:) It is m8. Do the math. Only thing it is falling a bit short is in sustainability with a healer in PvP but due to the fact that PvP fight tend to be short and intense that tends to not matter much.

Well I hope people start doing this so I can really do the hurt. I suck at math so you run the numbers for me.

BH gear will not negate the focus fire when:

• Rage Marauders and Juggernaughts figure they can smash you for 9K
  • Carnage Marauder discover force scream criticals for 5K, along with 4K ticks of ravage.
  • Annihilation Marauders discover you take 1500 per bleed tick and over 4000 damage from annihilate
  • Sorcerers who discover force lightning ticks for 1.4K each tick, and a deathfield critical can give them the 5K hit medal.
  • Powertechs discover that an 7K railshot is awesome.
  • Operators who discover shiv hits for 4K
  • Assassins who discover thrash and voltaic slash hit anywhere from 3K-6K a hit.
  • Vengence juggernaughts discover that vicious throw hits for 5K

Once you discover the person wearing PvE gear it takes less than 2 GCD's of focus fire to send them back to the spawn.

Except none of those things ever happen to a BH geared player since the ARMOR rating is so high.

Since I'm assuming there is some confusion here, "BH" means "Black Hole", which is the highest tier of gear available in game for PvE. It is statistically superior to Recruit for PvP purposes despite the lack of Expertise simply because it's raw stats are so high.

Also, it takes less than 2 GCDs of focus fire to send anyone back to the spawn in this game since the TTK has been completely botched since 1.2 when healers got nerfed so your argument does not reflect any meaningful difference between the two gear sets.

BH gear will not negate the focus fire when:

• Rage Marauders and Juggernaughts figure they can smash you for 9K
  • Carnage Marauder discover force scream criticals for 5K, along with 4K ticks of ravage.
  • Annihilation Marauders discover you take 1500 per bleed tick and over 4000 damage from annihilate
  • Sorcerers who discover force lightning ticks for 1.4K each tick, and a deathfield critical can give them the 5K hit medal.
  • Powertechs discover that an 7K railshot is awesome.
  • Operators who discover shiv hits for 4K
  • Assassins who discover thrash and voltaic slash hit anywhere from 3K-6K a hit.
  • Vengence juggernaughts discover that vicious throw hits for 5K

Once you discover the person wearing PvE gear it takes less than 2 GCD's of focus fire to send them back to the spawn.

Or a sniper with a 6978 followthrough!;) Seriously, its like he was only wearing porkchop underwear.

The general rule of thumb for PvP, even post 1.4, is that if you have full BH gear and are just starting PvP, wear that instead of the Recruit (MK2) gear. If you don't have full BH gear, use the Recruit MK2 gear instead. Once you get to BM gear in PvP, you may want to start swapping out pieces of your PvE gear. And when you finally get full WH gear, you shouldn't be wearing a single piece of PvE gear. Just be aware that wearing BH gear vs someone in WH gear will get you dead, every time (unless the person in WH gear is completely incompetent at PvP).

For PvE, it's a bit simpler. Full augmented WH is better than anything up to unaugmented Rakata. And of course, unaugmented BH is better than augmented WH.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Mournblood

so when you play mara or juggy or so go with 700k expertise at least, because you are focused often.

Yes, all Marauders and Juggernauts must wait until they have 700,000 expertise before entering war zones.

Thank You,

Republic

Samething can be said for people who PvE in PvP gear - really wish people would stop trying to PvE in PvP gear....such a joke!

Not really accurate. Full WH Augment is at least as good as full rakata augment. Min-maxed WH with some EWH can easily do HM TFB.

Samething can be said for people who PvE in PvP gear - really wish people would stop trying to PvE in PvP gear....such a joke!

The difference being, PVE gear has NO expertise, PVP gear DOES have STR and END (or AIM or whatever). I get tired of people complaining about someone doing PVE in fully augd WH, when they are in Columi.

The fact is both sets of gear are viable for both, although they are usually a tier down. I think the reason PVE gear gets a bad rap in PVP is because of the person wearing it.

Don't want to insult the PVEers here, but that fact is, playing a lot of PVP will make you better at PVE. Playing a lot of PVE will NOT make you better at PVP, simply because of the unpredictable human element. If you have someone with full Camp/BH gear and no PVP gear, the gear isn't the problem, they just need a lot more practice at PVP. Because anyone that DOES PVP a lot, already has PVP gear.