What Did YOU WANT When you Bought This Game?

MilesTheFox

Swtor housing could be our ship. Few models to choose from, inside of the ship could be fully modifiable, colored and decorated. And it could be used in X-wing style space combat!

Would be cool to fly into combat with your house! And dock on guild frigates.

spaceships allready have bedrooms.. u cant sleep on it though, but whats the point if there is no such a XXX romance ont it.. hehehehehe make it spicy, give it a reason. Mass effect series did that!! you could add fish, toys, etc.. also have some sex on it... But it was not very advanced, I wonder if many people used it.

Edited by Oyranos

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-pvp that is more ability-dependent than gear-dependent

-a game that functions more often than is broken

-decent story RPG aspect

Well, we got the story part...and lowbee pvp is at least closer to that then lowbee wow pvp, it's just too bad that 98% of everything else in the game copies wow to the letter.

I didn't know it at the time, but apparently I wanted a customer service ticket system that actually responds to my game issues, rather than this godawful system we have here. 4-5 days on ticket responses, tickets entirely vanishing where I get emails with reference numbers to tickets that no longer exists, and that nearly a week later response half the time is a request for me to answer all the same questions I addresses in the previous ticket. And keep the rp in the game, please. No one actually finds the "greetings, I am protocol droid..." stupidity in their help requests cute or creative.

A StarWars feel:

- Piloting a ship with friends

They do have that now!!!... as a bug though and with uknown people.. :D

The funny part is... that swtor some times reminds me the intro talking in tatooine, when someone complaints to a jawa about his protocol druid, because it CANT speak... and the jawa says.. : its not broken!!! its a feature!! lol

thats what swtor is..

Edited by Oyranos

SWG 2.0

SWG was superior in so many ways, from a game play (PVP and PVE), balance, and mechanics stand point.

Crafting in SWG blows this game away. All items for end game were crafted and not purchased from non-player vendors. Resource system was vast and unique and offered allot of opportunity for credits.

Housing in SWG was awesome and provided many many hours and reaons to play to get rare items for your house.

Player Cities and being a mayor was cool.

NO PVP GEAR. Gear was gear.

IMHO

I hoped for different play styles than the old cup of tea... (tokens, dailies, raids with poor crafting, poor exploring, ordinary and boring)

This is exactly what I did not want, I hated it in WoW ( though the exploring in WoW is more ineterresting than in SWTOR, because of more open zones ).

I want a mix of SWG crafting and exploration with WoW-style fluid gameplay and KotOR atmosphere. Bigger zones, less walls, open world random ( or not ) PvP, a bigger role for crafting, less zombies and what ever weird magic that doesn't make me feel like in Star Wars... No freaking dailies / token grind ! This is a ridiculously bad system that makes a game feel like a second job.

Graphics, animations and voiceovers are really good imo, work on the rest, for now I don't feel at home in this game.

A nice balanced mixture of all three...

33% SWG

33% Kotor

33% Cookie Cutter WoW style

1% Jawa

That's not a game, that's a broken product that tries to appeal to every market, thus not being any good at any of them. Is a common issue in game design. The worst games are always the ones that can't decide what they are. Love it or hate it, TOR is a theme park MMO. It has a target market in mind.

I do NOT want a game that can't decide what it is.

SWG 2.0

SWG was superior in so many ways, from a game play (PVP and PVE), balance, and mechanics stand point.

Crafting in SWG blows this game away. All items for end game were crafted and not purchased from non-player vendors. Resource system was vast and unique and offered allot of opportunity for credits.

Housing in SWG was awesome and provided many many hours and reaons to play to get rare items for your house.

Player Cities and being a mayor was cool.

NO PVP GEAR. Gear was gear.

IMHO

That's a different game. That's not TOR. If you want to play that style game, then this isn't the game for you.

Simple. Straightforward. What did you want when you purchased SWTOR?

KOTOR3?

SWG 2.0?

WoW-style MMO?

Not calling any particular group out, just want to see where we stand as a community in what we want TOR to be.

I did what I generally do before I buy any game – I played it to see what it was like while visiting my sister and brother-in-law, who are usually into new MMOs from open beta (he is a senior software engineer in the aerospace industry, so he gets plenty of invites).

So I wanted SWTOR when I bought it. Admittedly, it was not until 1.3 that it would run well on my dinky rig, but I knew what I was getting, which was a game I wanted.

I think there is a lot to be said for coming at a new game without expectations of what it should be. There are things in SWTOR I'd have differently if I could (fewer loadscreens, for instance), but that's just how the game is right now. I also know it is new and, like any MMO, will be honed over time.

I simply wanted a fun MMO and I got one.

The best experiences are the ones I didn't know I wanted.

I am with you on this.

One of the problems with TOR is TOr never got to be TOR, to many people brought to much baggage from every other game they played and expected TOR to have it as well, TOR never stood a chance, maybe instead of looking at what game people thought TOR should be like, why not let TOR be it's own game, I am afraid it might be to late for that.. /sigh

My first modern MMO was Eve Online. I was also a STO beta tester (and continue to sub to that) and am a KOTOR fan. I bought TOR for the lightsabers, got those, 8 decent storylines, walk around on pretty huge maps (at least compared to kotor), the ability to run into interesting random strangers, participate in some nice PUGs, and do crafting for my alts and others. I also didn't have to login every day to maintain characters either (except maybe repost things on the GTN). After BW lifted the crystal color restriction (I'm still a fan of the BW karma system though and thought they should have kept more restricted armors) the main mechanic I miss is in-game voicechat. Yes I know licensing that tech is expensive and hard to implement but Cryptic/PW was able to do it to some degree of functionality; then again it might have been a big EA thing (they are pretty anti-voip if it's not tied to Origin).

From the KOTOR side, I would have liked to see swoop racing and pazaak minigames, although having pazaak/sabacc might have legal issues (virtual online gambling and all that). Then again they could have done something like Battlestar Galactica Online where you get a daily hand that is just a random drop, mostly for immersion purposes but is more of a raffle than a gambling thing. Perhaps they will save swoop racing for some world event sometime.

Edited by Foobert

They do have that now!!!... as a bug though and with uknown people.. :D

thats what swtor is..

You know.. there is no greater feeling than being next to the person you love. They don't know that you love them, or that you're on their ship again..:D

StorywiseI wanted exactly what they have given, you can't ask for anything better than the cinematics, voice acting etc. then what this game has provided.

Mechanically... well at first I was actually quite optimistic, but the more I play SWTOR the more I feel like it should have had a SWG principle to begin with. A more sandbox oriented starting point if you will, hard to explain exactly what I mean but fx being able to enter my spaceship, travel through some form of free roam space goes a long way with me, personally. Like STG has now as a basic principle perhaps, with a general dimension of space and a local one depending on which star system you enter, to bridge the gap from entering your ship and all you have is a star system map and cutscenes... this doesn't feel STAR warsy to me or very immersive.

Also I wish they would have made more beautiful planets and focused on making them seem more "alive" in general, as we all know they have a certain barren "dead" feel to them as it is. They should also give ppl an excuse to hang out on planets instead of the fleet all the time which gets pretty stale after a very short while if you ask me.

They have paid too little attention to immersion, take wow, running around in orgrimmar... as you enter the various parts of the city, the lighting suddenly changes, sounds effects are faded together and switched out so you get a real feeling of "oh now I'm entering the slums (or whatever area)". This game is almost completely missing that in most places.

I could pos alot of things but... to try and put it shortly, they just haven't fixed the immersiveness of the mmo aspect of the game enough! While the conversation and scripted parts are frickin works of art, everything else like the basic world your moving around in is hardly believeable at all. I suspect this graphics style, while it's neat in a certain way, just can't give the immersion an mmo should have.

Simple needs/wants/expectations here at start:

1. a pleasant game with 1 million folks playing for years and years.

2. fun and relevant crafting

3. easy grouping

4. true "trinity", where my usual healers and tanks would be viable and an asset to groups

5. full guild support, with alliances, guild banks, guild houses/ships, guild/alliance chat.

that's about it, lightsabers, VO story and sci-fi setting were bonuses, tired of pure fantasy.

But, all I got were lightsabers, story and the setting. :(

I think I wanted a mix

Character creation, community, RP of SWG, PvP and space combat ((without the lack of players))

Choices and Story of KOTOR ((without the lak of character choice maybe I dont want to be a jedi))

TOR is a fun game but some how i expected it to be a bit more like SWG and less lik WOW