1.4 Consolidated Bug/Issues List

recsa

Fullscreen Windowed is still sending the monitor out of range and messing up Windows. Any key that take focus from the main screen (windows key, Alt-Tab) resets windows refresh rate to stupid values.

THIS HAS BEEN ONGOING SINCE 1.2 AND STILL NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED AS AN ISSUE.

Full sordid details can be found here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=402197

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say this is stunning post.

Its this sort of thing from the user that highlights what a very poor job those on the bioware team are doing.

If this sort of communication can happen on these forums between unpaid (paying) people, you would think a team of people being paid would have no problems replicating this sort of service.

I think its about time we had another switch of staff and yet another 'things will improve' post for us to ignore.

To all that think Recsa is doing a great job. PM Joveth, et. al and link this thread. Recsa deserves some recognition. :)

Heartly thx for your words, i put some time on it so a kind word from fellow players is always welcome, but ive never expected any kind of "oficial" recognition nor im the kind of person to be recognized by devs, thou i try to stay on the "good manners" line, im way too "critic" and vehement on expressing my thoughts ;)

Also now we have http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5239140#edit5239140 its not as accurate, comprehensive :D and in depth as some of us would like it to be, but its a start and a lot better than nothing

Edited by recsa

Moe Bug report t since 1.4

1. When using ships to go daily's , FW, HM, Raid. The Loading Screen has game screen buttons over top of the loading screen.

2. When logging out I see a big White box in top left corner.

Note EVGA 560 Ti with latest drivers.

the chat color selection has to be typed(the numbers) instead of pointing with your mouse on the color circle.

the belsavis daily's are unplayable for my lvl 50 with and without shadows, oddly enough it seems i get more lag and stuttering without the shadows. :rak_02:

I've been playing this game just about every day since day 3 of early access, but at this point I just cant find the energy to log on when I know im going to be forced to slog through degraded performance (from a game that already has awful LoD delays and absurd loading times/frequency) and bugged animations/sounds that should not even have made it on to the PTS, never mind being signed off to go live.

Whats the point of a PTS if silly crap like this still makes it through...

The scoreboard (the one at the top of your screen) in some PvP games are messed up.

Huttball - Sometimes the scoring is counted as you're in the opposite team. As an example I was in a game that ended 4-0 to my team, but the scoreboard said "My Team 0" - "Opposing Team 4". This has happened quite a few times for me.

Alderaan - The scoreboard indicating the turrets was completely skewed. In one game West and Mid was held by us and East was held by the other team, yeat the scoreboard indicated that East and Mid was neutral (gray), and West was controlled by the other team. This has happened once for me.

The only common factor, I believe, was that in all of the WZ that had the issue, I joined AFTER the game had started.

Another bug - the countdown timer in Alderaan (maybe others) is completely messed up. Looks like a bad formula in a string. Where the time should be it says "Nnna" or something.

I keep getting the huttball scoreboard saying I'm on the opposite team, but a reload UI fixes it.

That nans thing was in the select number of splitting stacked items several patches ago, and now I'm seeing it in the timer as well at the start of matches.

And still no response from any one at Ea/Bio .......

The only thing that surprises me is that this post hasn't been "moved".

After 1.4X The little patch the other day.

I'm also getting a white box in the upper left quarter of the screen when logging out.

I'm also seeing the UI persisting overtop of load screens.

Server lag is getting worse. I use to play with 20 and 30 ms and now I am seeing 120 to 180 ms

I put in a ticket and hope they will look into this issue.

I took Screenshot of many issue that I am seeing while playing and I will send them to show the issues

Many issue I am seeing after 1.4 patch

If you see an issue , hit Print screen. It will go into your SWTOR folder and then you can send it to support.

Tonite, just now 11pm hawaii time, i was in a huttball match where we were incorrectly labeled as the opposing team on the scoreboard leading to a lot of confusion. This is the first time i can remember seeing this issue, but after almost a year now, comon BW, how can this still be happening?

Hopefully cause they are busy fixing it rather than trolling the forums

Apperently, they're not... they only mentioned 11 bugs... out of the 47 :(

If this sort of communication can happen on these forums between unpaid (paying) people, you would think a team of people being paid would have no problems replicating this sort of service.

I think its about time we had another switch of staff and yet another 'things will improve' post for us to ignore.

I assume that only a small portion of the DEVs worked on 1.4 & bug fixing because the rest is working on f2P. It's the only explanation that I can see for this disaster. No company can be THIS terrible in normal circumstances.

Edited by Yogol

We need to help Bioware fix this game after what the 1.4 patch has caused many issue.

Note when you see an issue ( push Key marked Prt Scr SysRq aka Print Screen)

This will put a screenshot located in your My Documents / Star Wars - The Old Republic folder.

Then you can send it to swtor support.

During Beta testing this is what we did to help solve some of the problem we found.

I am sure they will fix the game. They just need some help

I've been playing this game just about every day since day 3 of early access, but at this point I just cant find the energy to log on when I know im going to be forced to slog through degraded performance (from a game that already has awful LoD delays and absurd loading times/frequency) and bugged animations/sounds that should not even have made it on to the PTS, never mind being signed off to go live.

Amen. So sad to see lack of action when they want folks to stay and pay monthly fees.

I think the list covers all (or at least most) of the bugs I encounter since 1.4.

Big thank you and respect to recsa for his work. I also think that he deserves official recognition. He should be hired from Bioware. Although this would probably be more like a punishment than a reward. ;)

I do not understand how a patch can mess up so much after such a long time. My personal interpretation is that they have mainly unpaid trainees working at Bioware nowadays and they did not use the latest code for patch 1.4. That is why old bugs are back again. I know this does not make much sense, but it helps me comprehend, because I find it hard to believe that well-paid professional programmers can do such a bad job.

Because the majority of PTS players only played the new content and gave it thumbs up or thumbs down, then kept playing it so they and their guildies could speedrun through it the day after 1.4 went live. Everybody else just stood around QQing about how only whatever coast hardcore guilds got transferred to PTS and refused to grind out new characters on it.

If it hasn't been mentioned: PVP daily 'recruitment iniative' un slectable for sure doing the following

-Freshly hit 40 then get and complete 'united we stand'.

-a new PVP daily becomes available: 'recuitment iniative': but with empty text! (have the screen shot to show it)

and unable to select the 'acept' button for the new PVP daily.