1.4 Consolidated Bug/Issues List

recsa

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that tomorrow's maintenance should bring in a lot of fixes to some of the top issues seen with 1.4. We're aiming to fix the top-reported issues found here, but keep in mind that with any update, a variety of factors could influence successful implementation. This also doesn't represent a comprehensive list for tomorrow's patch, as we have more fixes going in, but this will give you an idea of the status for top-reported issues.

Thank you for your patience!

I used to be one of those that would say "have patience", "let them do their work" or "it's very difficult when you have the kind of restrictions placed upon a dev team that is obviously limiting those that could possibly make this game great". The glass is no longer partially full. I have to say this...

Sounds like a thread like this should have been made with the title: Consolidated Bugs Since Launch List

(almost made it since "Beta"...but will give a little benefit to what the beta process is)

I wonder if that would that have gotten the apparent "quick" attention that the 1.4...experience...brought to those still paying. (no question mark as there is no answer)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they are truly going to fix the Bh problems. I really dislike that its only recording 4/6 shots from my unloads. I also kind of suspect that there is something wrong with barrage. I have noticed when my barrage procs and I unload that I don't seem to be getting my 25% boost to my next unload like I am supposed to from my talent. The most troublesome as many other mercs have posted in this thread is the heat problem centering around our 4 pc set bonus and the insta heal...Ive upgraded 4 armorings 3 mods both barrels to my guns and Ive seen a 200-300 dps drop on my parsing thanks to the heating issues + unload issues.

When you are in a operation or flashpoint if you die and hit the "Return to Medcenter" button you'll get revived with full health...

This happened to me when i was doing a story mode op through group finder. I couldn't continue to fight again right after that however. After hitting "Return to Medcenter" ,i got revived with full health and a window option appeared gave me 2 options "Return to previous location" or "Exit the instance" , hitting "X" to close the window put me back right at the entrance of the operation.

Where is some "thank you" to all players who reported and investigated bugs? It costs you nothing, you know it guys, right? :confused:

Don't bother trying to explain the basics of communication to these people. Really, don't bother, it's no use.

You know communication isn't their strongest quality when a player makes a list with 45+ reported problems and the online community manager then gives a small list and says ''this isn’t a comprehensive list of what we are looking into''. I mean, what does that even means? Are you looking into the others? Did the players wasted their time to tell you these bugs? Are you even grateful that we did? Do you know how upset people are?

And that answer does not comes from a programmer who's first qualification is programming. No, that answer comes from the online community manager who's first qualification should be communicating. How hard is it to take that list and answer them one by one: ''looking into to to see if this is a bug'', ''this change is expected'', ''will be fixed this update'' or ''this is indeed a bug and will be fixed''?

Edited by Yogol

Maybe they forgot that we actually still paying for this game.

We want to play, not to encounter many bugs, reporting them and in the end ... receive nothing, not even simple "thank you guys, appreciate it". In the end- it's devs/testers job to find bugs and fix them, before it can go live! Not our job. We are customers! Hello?!

TOR's "community manager" should have been example how to NOT communicate with fan base.

every game has bugs, I would love to have them all fixed in one go (force dreaming I know); but at least I would like to have the game stopping bugs fixed, and not have them reappear. IE: Lag, FPS, crashing to desktop, Crashing system, Nightmare Pilgram spawning friendly (old one and fixed but really upsetting when it happend), story line quests broken, etc.

I think they would be the best improvement.

Can we get -any- update on the performance issues?

I am failing boss fights, losing out on groups due to crashing and d/cs, can't pvp cuz of jitters, loading takes forever...

Honestly I could care less about most things right now, I can barely play.

I hope the graphics get fixed that is the main concern; When 1.4 first came out it was smooth for the first day then back to stuttering so much it almost threw me into fits. Also I was under an elevator and when it came down it pushed me out of the world i fell for 10 seconds out of the planets atmosphere then died. SO worry about the game-play before you worry about anything else. Thanks.:csw_destroyer:

Can we get -any- update on the performance issues?

I am failing boss fights, losing out on groups due to crashing and d/cs, can't pvp cuz of jitters, loading takes forever...

Honestly I could care less about most things right now, I can barely play.

Your not alone stuttering, throwing you out after 2 3 hours. worked good first day of release which I find very strange O_O

PVP

4. WZ's are not filling up properly

We are aware of and are investigating the following issues:

Warzones do not always properly backfill with new players.

If this hasn't been fixed in 1.4.1 (patch notes don't indicate it was) I suggest making it top priority.

This is how to reproduce the bug: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=542012

Edited by vandana_

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that tomorrow's maintenance should bring in a lot of fixes to some of the top issues seen with 1.4. We're aiming to fix the top-reported issues found here, but keep in mind that with any update, a variety of factors could influence successful implementation. This also doesn't represent a comprehensive list for tomorrow's patch, as we have more fixes going in, but this will give you an idea of the status for top-reported issues.

I hope that the 'general performance issues' making it unplayable for people without SLI (since that was 'fixed' supposedly), are among the fixes. If the problem is so persistent, honestly, it'd be better to remove the new shadows entirely until a recode can take place.

I still have friends who can't play it because of stutter. :/

I hope that the 'general performance issues' making it unplayable for people without SLI (since that was 'fixed' supposedly), are among the fixes. If the problem is so persistent, honestly, it'd be better to remove the new shadows entirely until a recode can take place.

I still have friends who can't play it because of stutter. :/

I am sorry but it seems the latest patch won't fix the graphics issues. They are still investigating... Bleah! They think other bugs can cause the company to lose money so they give them priority. But graphics issues it seems are not critical. Do they really think we are a minority here?

Listen, my PC is very generic. If a game does not run on my system smoothly there is a very high probability that it won't run on the majority of systems ok?

Edited by Khosann

I am sorry but it seems the latest patch won't fix the graphics issues. They are still investigating... Bleah! They think other bugs can cause the company to lose money so they give them priority. But graphics issues it seems are not critical. Do they really think we are a minority here?

Listen, my PC is very generic. If a game does not run on my system smoothly there is a very high probability that it won't run on the majority of systems ok?

Me and my guild mates don't have that issue,so the number of people having it are not really that many. Still needs to be fixed though.

It seems they adressed most in-game bugs such as gamebreaking ones in Flashpoints and operations. Also companions have returned to their nominal gathering/mission efficiency by bringing more puprples again. I don't know if all the other bugs were solved as I didn't have time to test them throughly

While these are good news, the game still suffers a wide variety of graphical glitches: white rectangle on selecting character screen after logging out its still pressent; graphical effects on some habilities /like trauma probe or the lightsaber swing) still dont appear correctly; while sound issues on warzones have been adressed, we still don't hear some voice overs correctly (from vendros and baron Deathmark makes the sponsors anouncements at the same time the match finishes to name a few).

The patch was a step in the right direction BUT a small one compared to the big ones it took backwards the past 2 weeks. EA/Bioware still has a lot of work ahead of them, but I hope they will adress it.

Im gonna "copy/paste" the part on the graphical glitches and post it on the CS forum to see if they akcnowledge theses issues.

hmm... not enough people on to really test, but with the servers back up, it seems that the stuttering only happens now whenever walking over some of the fancy new shadows (was on Alderaan with a Sith, in a spot with lots of trees), but there aren't really enough people on to test it properly yet. But yeah, kinda worried about no FX fix. Honestly, rolling it back shouldn't be /that/ hard. As much as I want it to get better for appearance, well...

TfB HM 1st boss: 2 Foul Offspring spawning before the "A Jealous Male Has Arrived to Defend His Mate!" event starts

Just to say this I'm not sure if it is working as intended (I reported this before) but the reason for this happening is tank loosing aggro which causes incubation stacks to fall off and spawn those adds before "Jealous Mate" comes. Probably working as intended.

Edited by vandana_

A lot of fixs in today's patch.

Did they fix the bug where if you already know a schematic it was still consumed?

Edit - Ah they did. :)

Players can no longer consume schematics that they already know.

Edited by Goretzu

Hey folks,

So the faulty winner determination in PvP won't be fixed.

The general performance issues won't be fixed.

That list of things being fixed are minor especially when overall performance is an issue acknowledged but going another week or two before being fixed. smh