1.4 Consolidated Bug/Issues List

recsa

12. Undocumented rollback on speeder allowed areas on Coruscant - Confirmation required

Speeders on Coruscant

:cool:

Updated, thx a lot, this makes it a lot easier for me

And the insta rez bug? When you are in a operation or flashpoint if you die and hit the "Return to Medcenter" button you'll get revived with full health...

I would suggest you to start a thread in the Customer Service forums to see if more people is experiencing this issue, a thread with many people backing up a bug and explaining under what circumstances it happens helps fixing it.

Add mysterious client disconnets since patch 1.4 to the list.

I have myself experienced this one, but having more people discussing it would help, i make you the same suggestion done to previous quote, i would gladly share my experience there.

Edited by recsa

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The flickering chat issue, as well as a flickering map issue, are isolated, from what I've seen on the forums, to two ATI video drivers run crossfire.

Will check with a guildie experiencing this one, thx. Could you link a thread on the issue pls?

Adrenals/stims: You can click the item multiple times, while it is on cooldown, no error message, but consumes the item.

From my post in the Bounty Hunter/Mercenary forums:

There was an issue on the PTS, that I included in my thread that also wound up getting buried, with BH mechanics. This includes 4 items, based on the arsenal spec:

1. "Free" Railshot: with the 4pc set bonus and talents, this is quite commonly not free any longer, at least consistantly. Randomly, it will still cost an additional 8 heat. There is no rhyme or reason i was able to ascertain. sometimes it would not happen for 5 or 6 railshots, and others it would be every railshot.

2. Target swapping: currently, there is alot more of this happening, which throws resource management out of whack. Wind up time & heat has always been an issue with multiple target swapping phases, but the new content makes this happen more often.

3. Insta-heal: The heal still uses heat, and if used, as with the "free" railshot not being free, throws the resource management out of whack.

Given the classes extreme reliance on careful resource management, the above have a heavy impact on the class in general, requiring more "filler" rapid shots. This is likely why you are seeing heat issues. I would recommend watching your heat during railshot procs.

The other non-heat related issue revolved around Unload Procs. The 2nd Mainhand tick does not appear to have the correct coefficients applied. For instance:

1. On Kephiss in TFB, when he gets the stacking debuff to take increased damage, the amount done for each of my 3 MH Crit attacks can be 14k, 4.5k, 14k.

2. On normal unbuffed attacks, crits are usually 4.5k, 2.5k, 4.5k.

While I reported this both in game, to the devs, and on the forums, the issues described above do indeed appear to be happening on live as well.

I'd be happy to provide the relevant sections of the parses if anyone is interested.

[New return of old bug] Sweeping Blasters is now bugged again.

(Character does not turn to face the AE effect, even if placed behind, just fires straight ahead)

[New bug] Tracer Missile sound effects are gone.

(Just silence while channeling and casting)

[New bug] Death from Above sound is 'sometimes' missing.

(Sometimes no issue, sometimes it only has sound on every other projectile)

[New bug] Space missions sound and graphics glitching.

(Half way through a mission <ascendancy barrier> all sound stopped, the rest of the mission was complete silence, also at the same time my ships blaster fire dissapeared. You could see the impact on target effect, but no blaster bolts)

[New bug] Unload skill screwed up in multiple ways.

1) Seems to be not channeling correctly, skipping half of it.

2) Sometimes it appears as if only every other shot is counting.

3) Sometimes half the shots spray wildly in different directions.

[New bug] Rail Shot does not appear to be recieving its damage bonus.

(the new change to tracer stacks/heat sigs that make them work with the heal seem to have screwed up the bonus to rail shot)

[New bug] Many graphical glitches dealing with the partical system.

(blaster shots warping off screen, lightsabers appearing a foot thick. Various flickers and flashes.)

[New bug] Sound turns off completely.

(Both in space missions as well as in WZ's, half way through 'sometimes' the sound will just cut off. The remainder of the round/mission will be complete silence until you load to another area.)

[New bug] Abilities failing to fire.

(Abilities will channel and reset GCD but not fire. Other times nothing at all will happen.)

[New bug] Hot bars/abilities cooldown effects stuttering.

[New bug] Abilities/attacks not recieving proper bonuses/modifiers.

(when attacks graphical glitching is in full swing often the engine seems to be skipping application of damage bonuses and modifiers. Proc's also occur less frequently then they should.)

[New bug] Upon exiting game at the end of a session the game freezes 'not responding'.

Edited by Voranis

Adrenals/stims: You can click the item multiple times, while it is on cooldown, no error message, but consumes the item.

From my post in the Bounty Hunter/Mercenary forums:

There was an issue on the PTS, that I included in my thread that also wound up getting buried, with BH mechanics. This includes 4 items, based on the arsenal spec:

1. "Free" Railshot: with the 4pc set bonus and talents, this is quite commonly not free any longer, at least consistantly. Randomly, it will still cost an additional 8 heat. There is no rhyme or reason i was able to ascertain. sometimes it would not happen for 5 or 6 railshots, and others it would be every railshot.

2. Target swapping: currently, there is alot more of this happening, which throws resource management out of whack. Wind up time & heat has always been an issue with multiple target swapping phases, but the new content makes this happen more often.

3. Insta-heal: The heal still uses heat, and if used, as with the "free" railshot not being free, throws the resource management out of whack.

Given the classes extreme reliance on careful resource management, the above have a heavy impact on the class in general, requiring more "filler" rapid shots. This is likely why you are seeing heat issues. I would recommend watching your heat during railshot procs.

The other non-heat related issue revolved around Unload Procs. The 2nd Mainhand tick does not appear to have the correct coefficients applied. For instance:

1. On Kephiss in TFB, when he gets the stacking debuff to take increased damage, the amount done for each of my 3 MH Crit attacks can be 14k, 4.5k, 14k.

2. On normal unbuffed attacks, crits are usually 4.5k, 2.5k, 4.5k.

While I reported this both in game, to the devs, and on the forums, the issues described above do indeed appear to be happening on live as well.

I'd be happy to provide the relevant sections of the parses if anyone is interested.

Could you provide a link to your post in the BH forums?

Also, repeatedly clicking an adrenal consumes the item, but does it also aply a new stack of its effect? that would be a game breaking exploit

And the insta rez bug? When you are in a operation or flashpoint if you die and hit the "Return to Medcenter" button you'll get revived with full health...

Saw this happen in a WZ.

Player was killed all alone in open feild, then a second later poped right back up and re-engaged.

Edited by Voranis

[New return of old bug] Sweeping Blasters is now bugged again.

(Character does not turn to face the AE effect, even if placed behind, just fires straight ahead)

Is there any thread where this issues are being discussed? long list here guy, i hate you :p

Is there any thread where this issues are being discussed? long list here guy, i hate you :p

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536762

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537376

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537206

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=538156

Most are mentioned in some of these posts.

Some of the issues may well be related.

For example (excessive heat buildup), (reduced shot damage), (lower DPS in general), (ability not proc'ing) all since 1.4 went live are likely all related to (engine not properly calculating bonuses/modifiers, almost like it's getting overloaded and starts skipping steps).

Edited by Voranis

Thanks Resca for this thread; I'd like to add this link to this thread, where it deals primarily with PvP issues (1 that has been confirmed by Allison, that is not on your list I believe).

PvP issues with 1.4

Like yourself, I tried consolidating much of the issues in one thread (for PvP purposes), due to the plethora of redundant threads on the same issue.

Thanks.

Two bugs:

1) GTN Keyword Search is not behaving as expected.

You used to be able to type in (without quotes) "resolve hilt" and get all of the current items that contained that phrase. Now it seems to parse words and search for results that have 'hilt" or "resolve" instead of an exact match on the phrase. There is no documented way to search for an exact phrase. Also it fails to parse words that are less than 3 characters such as the number 26.

2) Right clicking a character name in the chat window no longer opens a context menu.

This functionality used to provide options like "Invite to group" or "add to friends".

Chat flickering is real. So is the taxi thing. Both of these things are annoying, but I can live with it.

Crashing to my desktop repeatedly is more than annoying. It happens every hour or so, sometimes more often. I thought it was something to do with vehicles, but it happened earlier as I clicked on a vendor.

In Flashpoint: Cademimu if you use the sliced taxi it will close out the game, for everyone in the instance. Happened 3 times today after waiting over an hour in the group finder each time. Each time all players were kicked to desktop as soon as someone entered the taxi.

I tried recreating whatever it was I was doing when I got the crash to desktop, but it seems totally random (other than in the Flashpoint). I talked to a bunch of people today that it was happening to, so it is very real. Of all the bugs that are "game breaking" that people seem to be hell bent on complaining about, this is the only one that truly is. Waiting in the group finder for an hour, 2 hours, whatever it ends up being only to have the game crash is game breaking by definition.

This would explain why it feels like I consume more resources... Since 1.4 I had to start using hammer shot again from time to time... I cannot confirm it right now, but will make sure to pay attention to this.

This was a change for pvp mostly... I guess it's balanced, making it a free heal would be a little too powerful for pve (though it's balanced with the fact that you lose the damage bonus on HIB)

So they acknowledged 3 out of 21 so far. I guess that's the better communication they pormised, it used to be 0.

Ofcourse, there also used to be less than 21 issues after the patch. But hey, they didn't promise the patches wouldn't be of worse quality, did they?