1.4 Consolidated Bug/Issues List

recsa

Before this patch I rarely ever had a CTD, or disconnect. I had 5 crashes yesterday in about 8 hours, and 3 disconnects. Nearly every one of them happened while loading a cutscene for a class quest, but I had 2 crashes just from standing on the fleet at the GTN. The disconnects happened while loading a cutscene, and 2 in npc combat.

Performance is really bad. The fps isn't horrible, but the game feels like I am walking through molasses.

Even turning graphics down didn't help with the crashes.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm (if it hasn't already been) by experience anyway since 1.4 flickering map/world and chat.

My CTD consistantly happens durring heavy population times (such as more than two instances of fleet).-new since 1.4 and or the server mergers.

Confirming I've had the problem with the game just crashing, happened to me yesterday during Foundry at the end of the very first conversation at the start of the FP.

Also had the bug where the daily BH commendations weren't awarded to me at the end of the run. Why can't things just ever work right in this game :(

Since 1.4 I've had the same stuttering issues that a lot of people have reported. Not a fps drop, just stuttering. It's worse in certain areas. The one thing I have noticed, though, is after 1.4 I was getting some artifacting in space missions. Now...it's getting progressively worse. It's expanded to artifacts popping up even when I'm outside of space missions. I'm running a 560 ti, which we all know can handle this game on max settings easily. I've tested the card outside of the game, on quite a few other games, and no issues whatsoever. Which, of course, leads me to believe that it's patch related.

Issues I have had since 1.4

Random freeze/CTD.... only three times but that's three times up from NEVER. All three involved getting into my ship (clicking the door) from fleet.

Disappearing Taxis on Nar Shaada. No biggie.

Can't right clicky to invite in chat.

Companion weapons (specifically sabers) remaining "popped" even while sheathed.

Companion headgear not turning off correctly.

Attempting to kill trash in Kaon HM next to turret event starts the event. Didn't happen before patch. Don't know if that's intentional or a bug, though.

While I have always had a wee bit of lag at space station, what was a minor slow down when people were firing off particle effects, deploying that dance thing, and generally just trying to cause as much flash and flare as possible has now turned into a mind numbing drop in frame rate that will drag me down for a few seconds and I'll end up off course on my speeder. No problems elsewhere so far. Even after the consolidation, I didn't experience the slide show. Wasn't until 1.4.

The issue someone brought up about companions jumping off ledges has been around for awhile... especially in Cademimeiu (sp). LONG before 1.4

Performance drop after 1.4 graphics changes

Oh lordy has there been latency/fps spikes aplenty! So bad in fact I think it may be why CD/CtD is happening so much. I mean I notice a lag spike almost every time I crash. Doubt its coincidence.

Chat flickering

Yeah not sure if its all the extra lag created by the patch or what, but it flickers.

Inability to right click on chat names

This is seriously obnoxious. Makes grouping even more trouble, can't ignore spammers with doodads above letters easily, ect. ect. ect.

When flying in a taxi at Coruscant, the taxi flickers in and out of existence just showing your character flying

It's not just Coruscant, it pretty much every taxi I've been on. Which is disconcerting with all the crashing. Don't want to die somewhere and be stuck dead at the bottom of some cityworld.

Client disconnets / Crash to Desktop

Have had an absurd amount of DC/CtD ever since the patch

Yep. Been "one of those" patches that causes more trouble than its really worth (IMO).

Thread updated.

The list is now ridiculously long (to be honest, didnt think there were so many, i wouldn't have start the thread), so i will start trying to categorize it for better reading, but since i have limited time and you keep posting bugs it may take some time to be fancy.

Any way thx for all the help, imho theres some good feedback around here, may be devs will get some valuable info and we some bugs fixed.

1) civil war - alderaan. empire starting in republic ship with the republic voiceovers (sic!)

2) terror from beyond - 1st boss:

- he was doing a slight 1-2 m knockback on me as a tank. like an unintended offset. not sure if that was synchronization problem or actual movement of my character.

- 1-2 small adds were randomly spawning in the middle of non-mate phase (before the jelous mate came and before the incubation debuff was consumed) out of the boss

3) sometimes on inspecting the item tooltips in my character screen and inventory i get graphical glitches (trash on screen) - confirmed with another person who gets it as well.

Edited by vandana_

I have myself experienced those

2) terror from beyond - 1st boss:

- he was doing a slight 1-2 m knockback on me as a tank. like an unintended offset. not sure if that was synchronization problem or actual movement of my character.

I thhought it was the Jealous male that passed kinda close to the boss, but not sure, in your case, do you remember if the Jealous male was near the boss? he has a knock back

- 1-2 small adds were spawning in the middle of non-mate phase (before the incubation debuff was consumed) out of the boss

This happens to us every time, but since we didnt play on PTS i dont know if it is the correct mechanics, can you confirm they are not supposed to spawn until the red area appears?

I have myself experienced those

I thhought it was the Jealous male that passed kinda close to the boss, but not sure, in your case, do you remember if the Jealous male was near the boss? he has a knock back

This happens to us every time, but since we didnt play on PTS i dont know if it is the correct mechanics, can you confirm they are not supposed to spawn until the red area appears?

1) It wasn't the jealous mate i'm sure 100% - it was the boss itself (jm was not even spawned) ant it's not a knockback, it's a little displacement, hard to describe but i have never had something like that on any other boss even when lagging

2) we didnt play on PTS either but i think it's not an intended mechanic because i haven't noticed any pattern (sometimes they spawn, sometimes they don't). i think it may have something to do with aggrro but im guessing here.

sometimes on inspecting the item tooltips in my character screen and inventory i get graphical glitches - experiencing same glitch, sometimes detail of item is whole black, even text. Besides that i saw some stripes glitch too. Never happens to me before 1.4 so it's new and related to 1.4

When trying to preview gear, some gear shows up and some doesn't. Some gear the I tried to preview not only wouldn't preview but would strip my character naked.

CONFIRMED - I get the same thing (multiple times) when you click between outfits... Boots would remove pants or something like that. Closing window(s) fixes it shortly.

GTN - Lack of multiple search is really an issue. If I want to search all the 25 Enhancements I have to sort by name or the whole list. I can't type "t 25" like I would in the past and get just all those that have "25" in them.

When trying to preview gear, some gear shows up and some doesn't. Some gear the I tried to preview not only wouldn't preview but would strip my character naked.

CONFIRMED - I get the same thing (multiple times) when you click between outfits... Boots would remove pants or something like that. Closing window(s) fixes it shortly.

GTN - Lack of multiple search is really an issue. If I want to search all the 25 Enhancements I have to sort by name or the whole list. I can't type "t 25" like I would in the past and get just all those that have "25" in them.

yeah confirmed got that one as well multiple times... Doesn't seem to be tied to specific pieces of equipment, had it on many different things, that then started to work correctly again.

Im unable to hide the headslot on any toon i play now. The box was auto checked on all Characters after the 1.4 patch, but visible on all of them in character select screen and in-game. Un-equiping, logging on and off, hard quits, unchecking and rechecking, ive tried every combination of these to no avail. I also have found that every other player i see in game has a visible helmet, but i havent seen it posted anywhere.

Also the wz medpacks and stims have been reduced from 6 per to 4 per on each box reward for daily wz missions. This also includes the vendor purchasable ones for any level I have tried.

Being on your ship while using Group Finder appears to have big issues.

1. If you're in Space Combat, group finder will pop as will the travel dialog, but clicking "travel now" will crash you to the desktop.

2. If you return from a flashpoint to your ship (you have to have traveled from there and then return), the ship is no longer at its last position, and is "docked" at the flashpoint you just ran. If you leave via the door without moving the ship to a valid location, you will crash the game AND not be able to log in again.

Yeah they fixed it long time ago but it is back again... I sent tickets for this one.

I got one for you i Bugged reported it in game they came back and told me its working as intended with the Schamatic , mounts etcc even the mounts do I know i run FE the mount droped it was a greed roll on one needed it , so i looked in my bag saw it looked like i didnt know it , so thinking i didn't without looking it let me try to learn it once i did the red words saying I allready know it poped up then it eat it , it was gone .....