From livestream, they are not working on hood toggle !

Lord_Karsk

They actually said that while working on it they discovered ways to unify colors for your companions as well as toggle the helmet for them. This makes me believe that they are still working on a hood toggle, but it's just going to take some time. Remember how everyone qq'ued about helmet clipping? Imagine what will happen when they do figure out a hood toggle. The qq's will never end, it will go something like this, "so I can toggle my hood up and down now, but it clips my helm/twi'lek tentacles!"

Give it time guys. I'd rather have them take their time with it so it works the moment it goes live.

If a Twilek can wear the same robe as everyone else. How is this toggle such a big issue? The hoods are automatically put down if you wear a robe on a Twilek. . .but they're up on others.

I think more information other than 'we want this' or 'its difficult' should be given. What makes it so difficult?

If a Twilek can wear the same robe as everyone else. How is this toggle such a big issue? The hoods are automatically put down if you wear a robe on a Twilek. . .but they're up on others.

I think more information other than 'we want this' or 'its difficult' should be given. What makes it so difficult?

A lot of the hoods simply don't exist if you play a Twi'lek. And yes, that's not ideal, but it's MUCH better than having to wear a hood. IMO, just having the hoods disappear when you "turn them off" would be a decent placeholder until they actually get in the art for all of the hoods being down.

But yeah, Bioware needs to realize that some players can grasp the basics of what they say if they actually get into a short explanation of WHY something is difficult.

Edited by SanguineSphinx

They actually said that while working on it they discovered ways to unify colors for your companions

LOL Now that's a joke. If they can unify them on a player, they can unify them on a companion. They're just feeding people a line to make it sound like they're actually doing something.

Just dump the whole bass ackward 'unify' and implement a proper armor dye system. That's what the players have been asking for since Beta. If Trion and other smaller developers could do it, there's no excuse for BioWare not to.

LOL Now that's a joke. If they can unify them on a player, they can unify them on a companion. They're just feeding people a line to make it sound like they're actually doing something.

Just dump the whole bass ackward 'unify' and implement a proper armor dye system. That's what the players have been asking for since Beta. If Trion and other smaller developers could do it, there's no excuse for BioWare not to.

Five minutes after they put in a dye system you'll have guys in pink Vader armor running around the fleet and people will be complaining that the dye system let's people break immersion. :rolleyes:

A lot of the hoods simply don't exist if you play a Twi'lek. And yes, that's not ideal, but it's MUCH better than having to wear a hood. IMO, just having the hoods disappear when you "turn them off" would be a decent placeholder until they actually get in the art for all of the hoods being down.

But yeah, Bioware needs to realize that some players can grasp the basics of what they say if they actually get into a short explanation of WHY something is difficult.

If this is the case for you, there are very affordable headpieces available on the GTN, and not terrible looking ones, that make your hood go down. I think the best looking ones are light armor. One can easily keep this in your inventory and equip it whenever you'd like to have your hood down.

Unless you wish to put your hood down while in combat, this is a very simple and reasonable solution until a comprehensive one is implemented. It puts the hood down, and it isn't aesthetically poor if you choose a decent headpiece. Again, I suggest previewing some of the light armor ones on the GTN, to make sure equipping it puts your hood down and you don't mind the look.

With limited staff, it's understandable BW isn't working on this much now and instead trying to implement F2P well so it saves the game. I would hope others acknowledge this reality, too.

If this is the case for you, there are very affordable headpieces available on the GTN, and not terrible looking ones, that make your hood go down.

Yep. This is a problem you can mitigate right now, with what is available in game. I do it on all of my characters. Armor preview will show you if a headpiece flips the hood or not.

But I understand for some it's more fulfilling to QQ then to spend any effort on their own to see what they can do right now until an actual hood flip function is patched in. :rolleyes:

I get that for some reason this is a huge deal for some people, but seriously, is that the biggest problem you have with the game?

There are tons of things to fix/add/finetune that are a million times more important than wearing your hood up or down.

Let's put things into perspective for a bit and actually ask/demand developers to prioritize our issues correctly, shall we now?

Edited by TheNahash

If this is the case for you, there are very affordable headpieces available on the GTN, and not terrible looking ones, that make your hood go down. I think the best looking ones are light armor. One can easily keep this in your inventory and equip it whenever you'd like to have your hood down.

Referring to Consular's Headgear?

I used it for a while but I grew annoyed by the tiara my character wore over her eyebrows. So I moved my mods over to the Jedi Initiate's Vestments, which is an orange model with the hood down. :/

I too would accept a placeholder hood toggle that simply removes the hoods from the robes altogether.

Edited by Majspuffen

What I'm curious about regarding this is why it's apparently so difficult to add a hood toggle, yet in all the teaser vids we see Jedi Knights running around looking cool with their hoods down. Players notice this and showing the knights like this in the trailers only seems to be rubbing salt in the wounds of players with these issues.

Yep. This is a problem you can mitigate right now, with what is available in game. I do it on all of my characters. Armor preview will show you if a headpiece flips the hood or not.

But I understand for some it's more fulfilling to QQ then to spend any effort on their own to see what they can do right now until an actual hood flip function is patched in. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's QQing. All I see is people asking for it, after all, they did say they were working on it months ago.

Maybe I read it wrong, but to me the OP was not QQing.

Edited by utio

Five minutes after they put in a dye system you'll have guys in pink Vader armor running around the fleet and people will be complaining that the dye system let's people break immersion. :rolleyes:

Immersion... you are too funny.

This game has ZERO immersion, everyone is running around with the same companions!!!

Immersion, lol.

I think you're right. They aren't putting a "no hood" option in while trying to figure out a "hoodie down" option.