Aspiring Knight's Vest - Listen up, Bioware

EJedi

This type of chest piece (without the hood) used to be available all through beta. Now, it is extremely limited on Republic side. It used to be available for our companions, but now it is not available at all.

Please remove the class restriction from the synthweaving crafted version, or at least make it so that our companions inherit our classes like they inherit our social level.

I want to put the Aspiring Knight's Vest on Risha and Kira and Nadia, but there isn't a non-restricted medium version, nor is there any light version.

THIS MUST BE FIXED NOW!

I want to put the Aspiring Knight's Vest on Risha and Kira and Nadia [snip]

THIS MUST BE FIXED NOW!

You can't seriously be demanding this as a critical fix? Hint: It's not critical, or even very important at all in the grand scheme of things that MUST BE FIXED NOW! I doubt you'll get very far with this attitude...

You can't seriously be demanding this as a critical fix? Hint: It's not critical, or even very important at all in the grand scheme of things that MUST BE FIXED NOW! I doubt you'll get very far with this attitude...

No. You don't understand. It must be fixed by midnight, this Friday night. It is that critical.

You got me. I have decided to not eat pie until Ejedi's companions have suitably sexy attire on. :mad:

That's taking it a bit too far. I would never want to deprive you of pie.

I just find it completely random and a bit nonsensical what armors do and do not have class restrictions. I don't really have a problem with the dropped version being restricted, but the crafted version shouldn't have any restrictions other than armor type.

The silly part is that this shouldn't even require a client patch. It's a flag in a database that should be able to be flipped by an unpaid intern in about two minutes.

I love the rare version of this chest which has a single color hood, no shoulder pad, and no arm straps. I used it in all of the cutscenes on my Sentinel.

If there is an orange version of this I would use it. Unfortunately the extra stuff on Aspiring Knight's ruins the look :(

Example here:

For your light armor wearing companions, you can give them a dancer top either from the security key vendor on the Fleet (if you have that access) or from Nar Shaddaa

There's a huge difference between sexy and ****ty armor. The latter just looks silly in cutscenes and doesn't fit their character at all.

For your light armor wearing companions, you can give them a dancer top either from the security key vendor on the Fleet (if you have that access) or from Nar Shaddaa

The dancer top looks stupid. For some stupid reason, they included the lower flaps on the chest piece. That clips through skirt bottoms, and looks extremely stupid.

I do not want to put them in bikinis. I want them in reasonable tops that still have a bare midriff.

It's dumb that there are lots of lower level Republic tops like this (with only strength/end attribute), which are not restricted, but a SINGLE modifiable version that is class restricted.

They can't say they are trying to make the look unique to the classes, because they have unmodifiable versions that have no such restrictions.

Back in beta, before the first major itemization overhaul, there were so many options for tops that were basically retextures of the female "undergarment" top. Those all looked great. They were standard tank tops. Then, they took them away when they made all armor match its icon. That severely cut down on the available options.

And while we're at it, I demand, yes demand, a craftable version of Robe of Deception TODAY!

I don't know what that is, but it sounds like you're trying to make a ridiculous demand to somehow imply that my request is unreasonable. I've already explained, above, why this oversight makes no sense.

There are already versions of this model that are not restricted, but there is only one model that can accept mods. That is class restricted. It needs to be fixed.

Edited by EJedi

I don't get why there are so many restrictions either. Too many. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to check for restrictions and crafted something for a sidekick (or an alt's sidekick), only to be reminded the hard way that they can't wear it. Kira's not a consular? She looks like a consular to me.

I don't get why there are so many restrictions either. Too many. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to check for restrictions and crafted something for a sidekick (or an alt's sidekick), only to be reminded the hard way that they can't wear it. Kira's not a consular? She looks like a consular to me.

It just makes absolutely ZERO sense for ANY crafted items to be class-restricted. Item-type restrictions make perfect sense, and that's all they need.

I can absolutely see the benefit for class-based restrictions on dropped gear, to help with divvying out loot to characters rather than having players grab it for companions (in certain situations, that is).

Edited by EJedi

It makes no sense whatsoever to have bind gear to begin with, but that`s how things are. Not critical issue, so expect a fix when hell freezes over. ... or Soon...

I don't know about that. They're sort of against the ropes right now. Trivial fixes that generate positive PR should be very desirable to the dev team. Customer retention is pretty critical right now, but we'll have to see.

Edited by EJedi

I would really like to see more outfits with the hood down like the Aspiring Knight's Chest. A toggle for the Guardian's Maelstrom Chestpiece and Body Armor of Enexorable Defence hoods would be perfect.

/hood would make a huge difference.

But then so would more orange schematics, and as the OP say removing class restrictions from some gear too.

They should just make all moded armor ( Orange ) non restrictive and adaptable. Then the armor looks would be truly costomisable. And while there at it allow all tier gears bonus travel to custom gear when swapping mods. Now that would be a boon for sure. And make every RPer out ther /drool lol.

They should just make all moded armor ( Orange ) non restrictive and adaptable. Then the armor looks would be truly costomisable. And while there at it allow all tier gears bonus travel to custom gear when swapping mods. Now that would be a boon for sure. And make every RPer out ther /drool lol.

hmmmmm, i would run around in the bounty hunter looking gear on my sorcerer, just to mess with people if this ever happened

hmmmmm, i would run around in the bounty hunter looking gear on my sorcerer, just to mess with people if this ever happened

It would deffinatly make things more fun, it just makes more sense to me though I mean if they want people to go for a custom look drop all the restrictions to orange armor and make it all adaptable. And give us freaking set bonuses with mods fgs Lol!

Edit: To the dev team who won't implement this idea, as my gunslinger always says " What's the big deal?"

Edited by CKNORTH

Yet they recently had time to add the most hideous color of blue to the Voss Mystic armor. So yeah they have time to waste..

Please remove the class restriction from the synthweaving crafted version, or at least make it so that our companions inherit our classes like they inherit our social level.

To be clear, they DO NOT inherit our social level, the social level is a requirement to PURCHASE the item from the vendor, if you examine the item you will see NO SOCIAL restrictions are present, which allows companions to wear the items. Same them with PVP rating, if you buy an item requiring 2000 rating, it doesnt require that to equip it, only to buy it, once you reach the rating and buy what you want you can loose all the rating you want and still keep the item. This design is good, now you cant loose social points so thats not relevant, but imagine if social was required your companions could never wear the slave girl outfit (seems popular with the pervs).

As for the aspiring, there are many more CUSTOM class armors that look very similiar and although you may prefer it some of those restrictions are in place to keep in line with the look of dark vs. light NOT to keep your companion from wearing your armor.

So my suggestion to Bioware is that they assign classes to each companion, thus allowing them to wear class specific items, so for example Vette would be a sharpshooter (yes a republic class for a imperial companion, but that is what she is, she was a slave ya know). Ashara is obviously a Sentinal (dual wield), Blizz is obviously a Powertech etc

Now is this a high priority to me, no, however you have a right for it to be important for you and if it tops your list then i wish I was you, because my concerns are considerably more inritating.

Edited by Planar
spelling/grammer

While I think this isn't a HUGE OMG FIX IT NOW priority for me, I very much hate the class restrictions (Trooper especially when both Trooper and First companion are considered fulll members of Havoc Squad, yet only the player can actually wear the armor that looks like the Havoc Squad uniform), I agree it's a pretty easy fix especially when they have different people doing different jobs on a development team. So, overall there is no reason why they CAN"T do this next patch, it's just a matter of us getting them to know we want this and they having the willingness and desire to patch it.

general consensus believes that the bonus you get from different armor types are negligible, hence, it doesnt matter what armor type you wear.

My level 30 alt has a heavy armor head piece that gives 490 armor

her comp, Elara, has a medium armor headband that gives 366 (both have the same armor mod in it)

The difference is not negligible