SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

Yeah. I downloaded the program directly from that site yesterday. I was reading through the forums though and it appears that I am not the only one having the problem. I assume I'm just doing something wrong, just not sure what it is.

You probably are...I wish I could tell you what, but it's something I download and run without any issue every update from my desktop. It's THAT simple to use...

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do NOT use Unleashed. It corrupted my game and reading the forums, others are having the same issue.

Because some undefined number of 'others' are having the issue it's fundamentally broken and corrupts everybody's installation, right? No, I and 'others' have used this for a long long time without any issue whatsoever. I do ensure however that I put it back in retail/normal mode before patching - maybe this is the cause of your issue.

I think it would be fair to say to use a solution like this it's a good idea to have a basic understanding of how the program and use of a RAM drive works - if your not prepared to take the time to learn about it then perhaps you would be better not using this so as to avoid spreading misinformation and suggesting people don't use it.

Edited by ZavienUK

how do i free up the ram after i closed swtor?

when i close swtor my ram usage is at 60%, how do i free up the ram after using swtor?

If you are going to use this solution it's a good idea to thoroughly read the original post as this explains how it works and how to use it. From the original post under the 'Use' section:

Remove and Quit : removes any modification that may have created the optimized mode and quit SWTOR Unleashed (usefull to free the RAM requisitionned by the optimized mode)

TLDR Open SWTOR Unleashed and click 'Remove and Quit'

If you are going to use this solution it's a good idea to thoroughly read the original post as this explains how it works and how to use it. From the original post under the 'Use' section:

Remove and Quit : removes any modification that may have created the optimized mode and quit SWTOR Unleashed (usefull to free the RAM requisitionned by the optimized mode)

TLDR Open SWTOR Unleashed and click 'Remove and Quit'

thx buddy

It was working fine for me yesterday with 2.5gigs worth of boxes clicked on my system with 8 gigs of ram. However, today, after i open this program , launch the launcher, log in and before i got to hit PLAY.. if I press the ctrl button, the PLAY button goes gray and I cant Click it

I was pressing ctrl as part of the shortcut to launch game razer. It was the left ctrl button, but if I pressed the right ctrl it wouldn't cause the play button to become unsticky and I was also able to press the left ctrl button. However they just didn't respond at that point. Haven't tried it with just the game though.

Here is my question. I have 8GB RAM. Does SWTOR unleashed fixes the ability failure bug? I have no problems with performance but the bug can be annoying. Dunno what causes it.

Ive had that problem since beta and ive used unleashed since it came out and it does not fix that problem, its a problem with the engine between the animations and ability cd's, nothing you do with your computer will fix it.

Bioware did improve it a lot around 1.2 or 1.4? but it still happens often and I haven't seen them even acknowledge that it still exists since then.

As for the person saying this corrupts their game is either lying or just clueless, ive run it for a very long time and I have never had a problem except minor glitches with unleashed itself which were fixed by upgrading to the current build.

I was pressing ctrl as part of the shortcut to launch game razer. It was the left ctrl button, but if I pressed the right ctrl it wouldn't cause the play button to become unsticky and I was also able to press the left ctrl button. However they just didn't respond at that point. Haven't tried it with just the game though.

Short answer: No.

The issue is in the engine itself. This will not fix the problem with coding in the engine.

The usual cause of someone saying the program is broke is.. the XML configuration got corrupted.

the usual cause of someone saying the program broke SWTOR is the alias files are still in place and they try to launch normally. This usually means the SWTOR client crashed to desktop and then someone tried to use the normal launcher not unleashed, especially if they rebooted. The Solution usually is to load unleashed and do a remove and quit so that the alias pointers are correctly removed.

@ KarmaForce, can you remap to ALT not CTRL, that sounds like a conflict or something, or maybe preload the other program and see if they play nice that way.

@ Thundernuts do you have the add 100 MB checked? have you deleted your original diskcache and retried?

if you pick a couple items from the checklist manually does it give you the same problem as trying to use the dynamic/FX buttons? have you deleted your config file and restarted?

@ Thundernuts do you have the add 100 MB checked? have you deleted your original diskcache and retried?

if you pick a couple items from the checklist manually does it give you the same problem as trying to use the dynamic/FX buttons? have you deleted your config file and restarted?

Yes. Not sure, but I think so. Yes. And if remove and quit is that, then yes.

I found a problem this morning after reinstalling the game, I just did a reinstall of windows last night and re installed the game this morning, I dont know if this is something new with 2.4 and is happening with anyone else but when trying to set up my ui I could not save it. I quit the game and removed unleashed and now I can save my profile. Unleashed is running in admin mode and so is swtor.

I found a problem this morning after reinstalling the game, I just did a reinstall of windows last night and re installed the game this morning, I dont know if this is something new with 2.4 and is happening with anyone else but when trying to set up my ui I could not save it. I quit the game and removed unleashed and now I can save my profile. Unleashed is running in admin mode and so is swtor.

Did you run the game in normal mode to patch? You can run in Unleashed mode and patch the game correctly.

I haven't tried, but I think this might be the same thing that is happening when you are trying to save the UI. In Unleashed mode, many files are in a temporary RAM file that is destroyed after running the game in normal mode. Anything that is saved to this RAM file is destroyed. I don't know if the RAM file is picking up the UI settings or not.

Hi. Firstly I would like to say great work, kudos to the author! Secondly, my rig doesnt actually have any issues handling the game (max gfx setting), with one exception - nameplates with the scaling option turned on. I am sitting at more or less constantly 60fps in most areas. But turning on nameplate scaling totally ruins the game with massive stutters, apperantly BW know about it but never fixed it. Anyways, to cut things short, does this Unleashed thingy fix the nameplate stuttering?

Rig: i7 2700k. 8Gb DDR3. nVidia GTX570. OS and game on SSD. Windows 8 x64.

Edited by LaZZ

hi there,

i cant run the programm on my windows 8.1 computer.

downloaded the 3.4.2 version as a .zip file. installed the included imdisk version.

i get a bad error whenever i click on swtor unleashed or for that matter when i click on the remove and quit button.

another thing is that i cant see any assets to choose in the assets window.

thankful for any help