Anyone still here from the prelaunch days?

GamewizX

Also been here from the start, took part in the last 2 beta stress tests, pre-launch, and have been playing steady ever since. Take week long breaks here and there, but have not unsubbed yet, in fact I'm going out this evening to grab another game card. Same with my husband. We did pick up GW2 to see what all the fuss was about, and personally I like both games, and fully intend to play both, so long as I keep enjoying them, I do not plan on leaving any time soon.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious who is still here from the pre-launch days... I haven't visited these forums in forever and just recently canceled my TOR subscription. So before it expires I'm just curious if there are any veterans left.

I'm still here.

Don't ask me why, though.

I've been out for about 9 months now, but i was part of the thanksgiving stress test and pre order.... i miss the game and i'm coming back for a month to test it out before it goes F2P.

I had too much hope for this game to not give it a second chance.

Edited by Nevullis

I had too much hope for this game to not give it a second chance.
I think that was a lot of peoples' problem was that they got their hopes set too high and they simply wanted a different game than what swtor is. The ones that flabbergast me is the ones who I know were in beta with me and then complained that they thought they were buying something else. I mean, yeah, there were a lot of changes that happened in beta, but nothing completely game altering. I actually know someone who I played in beta with who later complained that he was "deceived" because he thought it was going to be SWG 2.0... And granted, in the beginning it lacked a lot of polish and it did seem to take a while to get things fixed. But in Bioware's defense, this is their first MMO. Yeah, they hired a lot of Mythic staff, but dev heads for the most part were still new to MMO's.

Another one of my favorites was a guild mate who unsubbed because there was "too much story"... because for three years we didn't hear that SWTOR would have story from the devs at every announcement...

As a former (pre-CU/NGE nerf) SWG'er, I'd been waiting for years for another Star Wars MMO and was watching this closely. A friend of mine was in the beta here and told me I wouldn't be disappointed, so I preordered. I don't think I slept more than a few hours during the stress test weekends. I fell in love, and I still love every moment. Could it be better? Sure, but everything can always be better. I love it for the genre, the people, and the immersion. Very proud to be a prelauncher, founder, CE owner, and Star Wars geek.

As a former (pre-CU/NGE nerf) SWG'er, I'd been waiting for years for another Star Wars MMO and was watching this closely. A friend of mine was in the beta here and told me I wouldn't be disappointed, so I preordered. I don't think I slept more than a few hours during the stress test weekends. I fell in love, and I still love every moment. Could it be better? Sure, but everything can always be better. I love it for the genre, the people, and the immersion. Very proud to be a prelauncher, founder, CE owner, and Star Wars geek.

Same except for SWG and CE and I am not quiting anytime soon lol XD

Here for Beta and Pre-Launch, and still here .. renewed my sub in August, but, thinkng about not renewing when it comes up again. I still raid 4 times a week. But haven't continued my personal quest of finishing each main class story line.

Well i am not from prelaunch but i was in Stress test a couple weeks before release and i was here the day release happened in EU.

But i did take a long break from a couple days after 1.2 hit the live servers until last friday.

Great to be back and finally realised there is no better MMO for me out there. With new PC i have amazing experience and no lag

Yeah, I'm still here. Started on 13 December as most pre-order folks did but reciently aint been playing much. I'm getting bored with this "ground breaking" MMO that did'nt break any ground at all. I log on every now and then whenever I aint got anything to do in RL.

Actually, Im kind of wrong as far as the "ground breaking" part goes, because SWTOR is ground breaking in many ways. It's the biggest money sink I've ever seen in any MMO, and I've played quite a few MMOs. It has the most "haves" and "have nots" of any MMO I've played in that there are so many things one cannot access if they did'nt pre-order, if the dont have a security key, if they dont have a high number of social points, etc.

Anyway I just play every now and then these days. I'm curious as to what Blizzard' will come up with on their "Titan" project which I hear may be released at this time next year. Hopefully, EA will keep their dirty fingers out of that pie.