Anyone still here from the prelaunch days?

GamewizX

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been here too long. Check my account, and you'll see that I've been here since the begining (got in early enough for a great code-name). I was looking up the Kotor series on Wookiepedia, glanced at the meta-series and lo and behold, there it was: Star Wars: The Old Republic. Just a little over a week after the official site went live.

It took about a year after that for me to become a forum stalker, mostly I checked in every friday and drooled at the implications.

I've been having a lot of fun with my scoundrel, but I'm on a break until they release the Cathar species for the Shadow. Then my life will be complete.

Edited by Quickpaw

Yep, I played during beta and now I have a faster computer, this is now my main MMO. I am quiting LOTRO until they fix a few things and then it is still up in the air if I will return or not. DDO and SWTOR maybe my main MMO until someone finally releases Fallout Online and hoping Obsidian Entertainment develops most of the content. Until then, I may get sidetracked into playing Fallout New Vegas since I technically never ever finished the game. I am always modding the game for a better apocalypse feel.

yes i am just come bk from afghan 6 month tour an what the hell where every one gone? i love swtor missed it loads. and anyone know how to quite guild ?

Welcome back.. Thanks for your service :)

and /gquit

What server did you end up on after all the compacting?

Yep, pre-ordered the game almost immediately after it came availiable to do so, took part in the beta weekends and early access. I'll be here with the other lifers to turn off the lights in what'll hopefully be more than a decade from now. Edited by Chrysantemum

I'm still here since beta, although I did take a month off in August.

I'm still enjoying the game for the most part and would like to think I will be here still for some time yet. I was not overly excited about the anouncement to go FTP, but will have to wait and actually see how that turns out.

I may have my very little dig at FTP on the odd occasion, but for me it's still the best theme park mmo out there. My main game has always been EVE Online and has been for a long time. My best efforts are not tied up in this game so the loss does not feel that bad. I feel sorry for those who have because I know what it would feel like for me if EVE were to disapear.

I hope SWTOR goes on for a long time yet.

Still here but find myself playing much less these days. If it wasn't for weekly guild datacrons i run and my position in the guild (guild is 7.5 years old and been deputy leader since 2005) i probably wouldnt be playing though but hey its only 8.99 a month and soon F2P so doesnt hurt to stay.

I dont think its Tors fault though as ive tried Guild Wars 2 last week and we also as a guild are in lotro which i play and i feel the same in all, think ive just done gaming for 8 years now and burnt out lol. Mind you having an extension built at home on top of being busy at work also may be why i feel a little wierd atm.

once works completed at home and things get back to normal, ill give it a fair chance to see if i can get enthusiasm back for the game though

To throw my name on to the pile: Yup, still here, been around since beta/stress test days. Collectors Ed. and pre-launch and everything.

Not very active the last few months though. Contemplating calling it quits as I just don't see recapturing the magic. I know BW will try and I love that, but fundamentally I think things are already long time gone. Pity, I love SW and BW (and MMOs); just maybe not all together.

I still plan to peak my head in and I still frequent forums and podcasts. Always keeping hope, if only a bit. So we'll see.

I was involved in the November stress test. Bought my copy and was up and running on January 1st. I loved this game up until my guild broke apart do to the recent forced server transfers. Now it appears that my fellow officers have up and quit playing. The same thing that caused me to quit playing EVE. Haven't shut down my account yet but I have put my subscription on hold for the time being. Unlike EVE I actually enjoy the single player aspect of TOR, so I probably will be back playing within a short while.