annoying JK/SW in huttball

cub-lover

Has this idea been mentioned and agreed to in more than two other threads on this board? Where does the "How many more tiems..." spiel come from?

"How many more times, treat me the way you wanna do

How many more times, treat me the way you wanna do..."

"Well, they call me the Hunter, that's my name

Call me the Hunter, that's how I got my fame

Ain't no need to hide,

Ain't no need to run,

'cause I've got you in the sights of my gun"

No mention of being jumped on. At least directly. Sorry, was suddenly reminded of the song, we now return you to your scheduled whinefest...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"How many more times, treat me the way you wanna do

How many more times, treat me the way you wanna do..."

"Well, they call me the Hunter, that's my name

Call me the Hunter, that's how I got my fame

Ain't no need to hide,

Ain't no need to run,

'cause I've got you in the sights of my gun"

No mention of being jumped on. At least directly. Sorry, was suddenly reminded of the song, we now return you to your scheduled whinefest...

An Albert King quote is exactly what these forums need more of.

lol, if a player on your team is dumb enough to let another player jump to an advantageous position because of them then they and you deserve the lose.

Complain more about peoples lack of situational awareness

this guy nails it right on the head. by the OP's logic they'll just have to remove every single ability and only let us use our free spammable attack while in huttball. that would be 'fair' right? lol

leave huttball the way it is. it's one of the few things in the game I still like

OP is 100% right. I have a JK/Sent and I freaking LOVE the ability and I abuse the crap out of it in Huttball. I wait for a fool to peek over and *BAM* leap/stun/score. Anyone who thinks it's fine is fooling themselves. It's completely and foolishly OP in Huttball.

Why is it ok for leaps and sprints and pulls to work, but not stealth?! If I stealth with a ball, it resets. I'll argue that any mechanic that gives an unfair movement advantage should be limited when you have the ball. It's not about it becoming a DPS race, it's about ensuring there's some competition.

How many times must we say it NFL, Running Backs should not be able to run with the football!

Analogies are fun! :D

LOL!!! That's the stupidest analogy I've ever read. In the NFL, EVERYONE can run, with or without the football, making it an even playing field. Has football devolved into a DPS race?! Of course not. It's competitive and execution means everything!!!

LOL!!! That's the stupidest analogy I've ever read. In the NFL, EVERYONE can run, with or without the football, making it an even playing field. Has football devolved into a DPS race?! Of course not. It's competitive and execution means everything!!!

You must not watch much Football or understand logical analogies. Do you know what happens when an offensive lineman is handed the football? The play is flagged dead since he is not eligible to carry the ball.

Huttball is no different. Running backs run the ball, Receivers catch the ball, Quarterbacks throw the ball, Kickers kick the ball, Punters punt the ball, etc. Every player has a distinct role to fill. My analogy works perfectly since you are asking for the Running Back to not be allowed to use his running talents that are superior to the other players to run the football. Sorry Mr. RB, you ran too fast, so we are going to penalize you! LOL

Edited by Darth_Philar

... I wait for a fool to peek over and *BAM* leap/stun/score. Anyone who thinks it's fine is fooling themselves.

Some of the best huttball games I've been in are against people of this mindset who are immediately rooted and then pulled back into the pit. When teams work together and are up against people of equal skill, it's hands down one of the most fun warzones to play.

Some of the best huttball games I've been in are against people of this mindset who are immediately rooted and then pulled back into the pit. When teams work together and are up against people of equal skill, it's hands down one of the most fun warzones to play.

Huttball requires coordination as a team and can be frustrating in PUGs, but when you get two teams working well together its a thing of beauty.

OP, stop crying about other classes abilities and learn to counter.

You must not watch much Football or understand logical analogies. Do you know what happens when an offensive lineman is handed the football? The play is flagged dead since he is not eligible to carry the ball.

Huttball is no different. Running backs run the ball, Receivers catch the ball, Quarterbacks throw the ball, Kickers kick the ball, Punters punt the ball, etc. Every player has a distinct role to fill. My analogy works perfectly since you are asking for the Running Back to not be allowed to use his running talents that are superior to the other players to run the football. Sorry Mr. RB, you ran too fast, so we are going to penalize you! LOL

No, again, you're mistaken. Maybe you should read up a bit more on the sport you're so sure your analogy applies to instead of making it all up. Offensive lineman can receive the ball several ways, not only can they report as an eligible receiver, ALL of them can receive a hand off as long as they are 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage AND facing their goal line, or if a pass is tipped or touched by any defensive player, they all become eligible.

Another stupid thing about your analogy, no player has an innate advantage BECAUSE of their position, so your stupid running back comparison is just dumb.

No matter the rules of football, Huttball is 100% slanted towards players with a leap. I speak from my own experience. Deny it if you like, but you're simply wrong. I've played WITH and WITHOUT it...there's NO denying I have a massive freaking advantage WITH it. None.

No, again, you're mistaken. Maybe you should read up a bit more on the sport you're so sure your analogy applies to instead of making it all up. Offensive lineman can receive the ball several ways, not only can they report as an eligible receiver, ALL of them can receive a hand off as long as they are 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage AND facing their goal line, or if a pass is tipped or touched by any defensive player, they all become eligible.

Another stupid thing about your analogy, no player has an innate advantage BECAUSE of their position, so your stupid running back comparison is just dumb.

No matter the rules of football, Huttball is 100% slanted towards players with a leap. I speak from my own experience. Deny it if you like, but you're simply wrong. I've played WITH and WITHOUT it...there's NO denying I have a massive freaking advantage WITH it. None.

Classes with a jump are innately better at scoring.

Players with high running speeds are innately better at RB.

Ergo, if classes with a jump should be prevented from using the jump in order to limit their ability to score, then a proper analogy is that players who can run very quickly should not be allowed to run fast in order to limit their ability to play RB better than a Punter can.

It is not unfair that some classes perform innately better at certain functions. It is the exact same in the real world. Your team's kicker got that job because he is innately better at kicking than everyone else on the team.

Classes with a jump are innately better at scoring.

Players with high running speeds are innately better at RB.

Ergo, if classes with a jump should be prevented from using the jump in order to limit their ability to score, then a proper analogy is that players who can run very quickly should not be allowed to run fast in order to limit their ability to play RB better than a Punter can.

It is not unfair that some classes perform innately better at certain functions. It is the exact same in the real world. Your team's kicker got that job because he is innately better at kicking than everyone else on the team.

So by your standards, there should be defined roles in Huttball? Should we queue up for it like in the GF for flashpoints where we pick our role and the match doesn't begin until a "team" is assembled? Wouldn't that be the logical thing to do given the huge advantage the leap ability grants?

So by your standards, there should be defined roles in Huttball? Should we queue up for it like in the GF for flashpoints where we pick our role and the match doesn't begin until a "team" is assembled? Wouldn't that be the logical thing to do given the huge advantage the leap ability grants?

It would be ideal, but the playerbase is far too small to support most ideal designs now.

Edited by Darth_Philar

Not that it should be defined, but some classes are better.

For instance, on a sniper, I am a good defender. If my team is really dominating though; I have moved up to suppress the other team on their own side and have even carried the ball for a goal. Ultimately though; I would be one of the worse classes to do so.

Should I complain that another class has a sprint that makes them better than my sniper at that? No! I should be on defense and using cover to my advantaged of those same warrior types not being able to jump to me. I also need to have a brain on when to use entrench of be far enough away I don't get chocked or stunned otherwise allowing the leap.l

how many more tiems does it need to be said, developers, JK/SW should NOT BE PERMITTED TO USE THEIR JUMP ABILITY WHILE THEY HAVE THE BALL.

BTW this is comign fro msoem one who has both classes one mara, and one guardian.

All those things makes huttball the best warzone atm. It is unpredictable and fun :))

OP is 100% right. I have a JK/Sent and I freaking LOVE the ability and I abuse the crap out of it in Huttball. I wait for a fool to peek over and *BAM* leap/stun/score. Anyone who thinks it's fine is fooling themselves. It's completely and foolishly OP in Huttball.

Why is it ok for leaps and sprints and pulls to work, but not stealth?! If I stealth with a ball, it resets. I'll argue that any mechanic that gives an unfair movement advantage should be limited when you have the ball. It's not about it becoming a DPS race, it's about ensuring there's some competition.

You could stealth without the ball, you know kind of like an uncovered WR. Some people would consider that an advantage.

Cannot charge [Warriors and Powertechs]

Cannot intercede

Cannot force run

Cannot Pull

Cannot go invisible near enemy spawn

Cannot go invisible near mid ball respawn

Fire hurts... get rid of it

Acid pits are pve.. get rid of it

heard em all

:rolleyes:

Edited by randalthorr

how many more tiems does it need to be said, developers, JK/SW should NOT BE PERMITTED TO USE THEIR JUMP ABILITY WHILE THEY HAVE THE BALL.

BTW this is comign fro msoem one who has both classes one mara, and one guardian.

True dat! In fact, they should make the only way to score is dance emote into the endzone!

And since everyone hates losing so much, lets make it so both teams win every match. Nerf losing NAO!

True dat! In fact, they should make the only way to score is dance emote into the endzone!

And since everyone hates losing so much, lets make it so both teams win every match. Nerf losing NAO!

I've never considered it in that light. however, now that you've pointed it out, it is so glaringly obvious that this is the biggest problem with pvp.

I vote for this to be the top of Bioware's priority list.

I was wondering where everybody that I was face rolling in huttball went to whine and qq. Look i have little trouble going against any leapers or runners in huttball. Just focus them down, control them with cc its not hard. So l2p and stop whining . And yes i am a Jugg on fatman so feel free to que up and ill leap all over you and laugh at ya when ya stand in the end-zone so i can score.