Canderous Ordo is having severe issues today 8/24

Kalli

Leaving FP's, WZ's usually locks up the game and forces me to the character login screen. Same thing happens to everyone in the group. People from Australia, England, America on both east and west coasts, Canada, and Mexico all having these issues. Yes i have a large guild we all are on vent fine while the game locks up. I can do anything else on the internet without issues. The lock ups are on your side not ours. Seems like bad coding to us.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around 3:45 PM, I was on Correlia when I encountered the following problems:

1. Spaceport Shuttle wouldn't allow me to go to Black Hole. Nothing happens when I click the shuttle door.

2. I was unable to dismount my speeder.

3. Chat wasn't working.

4. After I logged out, I was unable to log back in.

Thanks,

Burritonator

I think Fungi summed up the issues very nicely.

I've also submitted a ticket on this issue and was asked to provide logs / diagnostics, not the most relevant troubleshooting step for an obvious server side issue but I did email them this morning.

My guild mates and I really hope these issues are resolved as quickly as possible, particularly the 5-10 minute "freeze" which inevitably dumps you to server select. It seems to always coincide with "transitions" as Fungi and others pointed out, for instance:

Entering / Exiting a Warzone, Flashpoint, Operation, Ship/Planet/Fleet. Anything that would normally trigger a load screen hangs before hand, resulting in a frozen environment with invisible walls. Or in the case of your ship, just staring at a lot of space.

Again as others have said this is new behavior that started cropping up with the new event. There's still other issues in addition to this one. Probably the most annoying is the PvP queue bug where the entire group is forced to relog after we've lost our place in queue. Getting no warzones after 30-45 minutes when "Who" obviously shows new warzones being started.

Please fix our beloved game BioWare, you're our only hope!

Edited by Lolokio

Same issue here. Happened twice when I was trying to go directly to ship from planet and once from Fleet to WZ. Gamefreeze and disconnect after a while and long wait until i was logged back in afterwards. Starting to get annoying. Especially if people keep telling me everything is working as intended. Which it is obviously not.

This game can't afford stuff like that with subs down to an all time low and GW2 on the way.

This kind of crap is why my guild's last raid was last monday. Canderous Ordo has been rediculous for weeks; the release button not working; errors getting character pages. It seems like this has finally culminated into becoming unplayable.

We have been complaining about Lag for how long? Surely they should have realized something was very wrong and tried to address it?

Most of my guild has cancelled their subscription; we cleared Dragon Soul on our last raid night rather than Farm EC HM yet again; Bioware needs to figure this crap out, dieing to Lag on Farmed content isn't fun; neither is not being able to login. My plan for tonite WAS to play some SWTOR with my Wife but it looks like I may again be trying to convince her to try WoW; if they can't fix this before the day she says Yes then we are gone for good...

Takes up to 10 minutes and more to log in (or out) with any of my characters, mail gives 'mail server operation could not be performed' or w/e that message is, mailbox is empty , items cannot be listed on GTN and combat lag horrible, all the while my server (connection) lag is as low as it ever gets.

Pretty much unplayable right now.

(Happened again just now, ~ 5:15 pm EST. many players were booted or couldn't log in.)

Edited by KyaniteD

I am getting sick and tired of it too. dont know how many BH comms I am not getting so I stopped doing FP's. not going to level any more toons as all I do is PVP and thats out now.

I am going to stay out of TOR for the weekend cause I am so pissed right now. I will maybe login on Monday to see, but probably not. Might just go buy GW2 and be done with it.

Have the lag issues really been that bad for the past few weeks? :eek: I know since I've come back they did the server merge, and I just felt it was unplayable. Trying to do warzones only to lag like hell and die is not fun when you're trying to kill someone and cap for your team. I tried off and on a few days and eventually just threw my hands up in the air and gave up at that point. It seems like I missed the worst of the lag though. But if it really has been going on for that long with those types of issues Fungi posted, Jesus... >.>

Today (08/24/2012) at 9:02pm EST - Canderous Ordo Imperial Fleet, trying to join pvp zone... after clicking "join", I remained on a frozen fleet for approximately 5 minutes, then was taken to loading screen..... waited there for approximately 5 minutes and was prompty booted out of game????? come on guys, seriously?

Yeah, this has been going on for weeks, I seem to have to restart the client every half hour. And after that sometimes get stuck in the loading screen before character selection, only to be told that the server is down due to maintenance which requires another client restart.

This is getting pretty rediculous. And now the announcement that they aren't doing maintenance on the 28th? when we sorely need it? not sure i understand

Can't believe you guys haven't noticed this yet. Its bad enough having to be kicked from Denova during a raid the last two weeks and having to re-clear trash, but tonight it keeps freezing every time a WZ ends. Please fix the servers :mad:

I can confirm the server continuously having issues almost everyday at my usual playtime (night up to after midnight). Basically every day I play, there's a certain moment where the email server do not work. and if I log off of a toon at that time, it will mean 10+min loading screen either to log off or to log back on another toon, if I managed to evade the 'characters unavailable due to mainenance'.