6 Weeks for new Content!

stormravn

OK there gonna be lettin out new content every 6 weeks .... this should not be the case this game is bleeding paid accounts like a trama patient ..this game has been ran to the ground through poor implemention of content and addtions to the game ... less then 2 years alive this game is goin free to play and half the servers have been shut down ..and were supposed to wait for content still ..

ummm NO!!!! ...

this is what should happen ... every tuesday when the servers are taken down for maintence a new content patch should be added every tuesday along with massive bug fixes there so called "strike team" still hasnt dealt with ... new content should be added every tuesday for the next year just to catch up to all the hype and promises bioware/ea made about this game the so called were gonna take down world of warcraft with this ..you devs may say you cant do this .. yes you can and yes you owe it to us who have paid for this game since launch ...your devs need to be workin around the clock eat sleep and work at there desk i dont care if they lose there homes and familes but content that should have already been in game will finally be in the damm game ... i am sick of seeing these tease videos more to come crap ... get out chains and lock your dev team to there pc's and demand CONTENT ...

Edited by stormravn

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like you know how development works, please tell us more

welll gee i know that they ran this game that i love into the ground and they keep toyin with our emotions with small videos of upcoming content .... content is takin way to long to be rolled out into the game there is no end game content its all a grind fest for armor/gear to do the ops/flashpoints ..

instead of beatin on my issue you as a player in the community should be standin tall with us other paid sub's unless you *****ed out and left already and are just trolling.

look this game can still be something to hold onto they just need to dump some serious content onto us thats what we have been settin our hair on fire for the past 5 months and longer for ...there's only so many times ya can run the same daily missions over and over and space missions and the same ops/fp's there is no brass ring there is nothing to find after lvl 50 to do right now alot of the lvl 50 content is just being used as a chat service to be social with there guild and friends ...

there is alot of heavy games about to drop soon and swtor will bea ghost town if they dont get off there arse and give us CONTENT

welll gee i know that they ran this game that i love into the ground and they keep toyin with our emotions with small videos of upcoming content .... content is takin way to long to be rolled out into the game there is no end game content its all a grind fest for armor/gear to do the ops/flashpoints ..

instead of beatin on my issue you as a player in the community should be standin tall with us other paid sub's unless you *****ed out and left already and are just trolling.

look this game can still be something to hold onto they just need to dump some serious content onto us thats what we have been settin our hair on fire for the past 5 months and longer for ...there's only so many times ya can run the same daily missions over and over and space missions and the same ops/fp's there is no brass ring there is nothing to find after lvl 50 to do right now alot of the lvl 50 content is just being used as a chat service to be social with there guild and friends ...

there is alot of heavy games about to drop soon and swtor will bea ghost town if they dont get off there arse and give us CONTENT

The content they displayed on the web sight was just tossing the community a bone, I honestly think the said content is a myth... If not then where is it ?

@OP,

If you suggested having a BBQ every tuesday, i'd still say it's too much.

Let's say that BW is filled with dummys and they take your advice. What you'll end up with is sub-par content MUCH worse than the last world event (acquisitions race) every week.

I'd much rather they take even TWO months to come out with content, even THREE. Why?

Content longevity + difficulty = time, and vice versa. Each should go hand in hand. If they take 6 weeks for new content, they need to make it long and difficult enough for people to actually take 6-7 weeks to finish it. (good gamers should take atleast 3-4, which can be made sure by certain daily limitations to progress).

OK there gonna be lettin out new content every 6 weeks .... this should not be the case this game is bleeding paid accounts like a trama patient ..this game has been ran to the ground through poor implemention of content and addtions to the game ... less then 2 years alive this game is goin free to play and half the servers have been shut down ..and were supposed to wait for content still ..

ummm NO!!!! ...

this is what should happen ... every tuesday when the servers are taken down for maintence a new content patch should be added every tuesday along with massive bug fixes there so called "strike team" still hasnt dealt with ... new content should be added every tuesday for the next year just to catch up to all the hype and promises bioware/ea made about this game the so called were gonna take down world of warcraft with this ..you devs may say you cant do this .. yes you can and yes you owe it to us who have paid for this game since launch ...your devs need to be workin around the clock eat sleep and work at there desk i dont care if they lose there homes and familes but content that should have already been in game will finally be in the damm game ... i am sick of seeing these tease videos more to come crap ... get out chains and lock your dev team to there pc's and demand CONTENT ...

Hold on, every Tuesday? You expect them to code, test and implement new content every Tuesday? Are these Bioware drones ever supposed to sleep or see their families or their friends? When exactly are they supposed to eat or take part in their own hobbies? Remember these people are people just like you and I. They can't work day and night all hours until they drop. I find it hard to believe you'd be okay if your boss demanded you produce months worth of work every single week.

Hold on, every Tuesday? You expect them to code, test and implement new content every Tuesday? Are these Bioware drones ever supposed to sleep or see their families or their friends? When exactly are they supposed to eat or take part in their own hobbies? Remember these people are people just like you and I. They can't work day and night all hours until they drop. I find it hard to believe you'd be okay if your boss demanded you produce months worth of work every single week.

nope they need to move into the headquarters sleep should not be a option there should have been massive end game content already out for this game why else are people dumpin this game faster then they can click unsub ... this game is goin free to play cause bioware failed to keep the mmo community happy ... keepin players happy through content and gee here's a grand idea END GAME content .. people would stay and build on the game itself ..

gw2 is coming wow exp this game will be nothing but 10 year olds playin cause its free and mommy wont let them use her credit card for wow

ea invested millions in this game and you would think content and keepin the player base happy would be the top of the agenda but alas it hasnt cause they sat back and took a huge loss in all the money they invested in this game and announced well were goin free to play cause we have no clue how to run a mmo

nope they need to move into the headquarters sleep should not be a option there should have been massive end game content already out for this game why else are people dumpin this game faster then they can click unsub ... this game is goin free to play cause bioware failed to keep the mmo community happy ... keepin players happy through content and gee here's a grand idea END GAME content .. people would stay and build on the game itself ..

So if reading i'm reading past your ridiculous demands correctly, your saying that this game and this game alone should have its employees (specifically those in the dev dept) chained to their desks and made to live and sleep there to develop content because they failed to keep the vocal minority happy in an MMO, that as much as i like was the last of the dying breed of hotkey based MMOs, despite any other and every other MMO in the past having never done anything like the release schedule your proposing with your brilliantly disguised undertone of sarcasm.

Lemme think...... geee if i act like a entitled little kid and reiterate stuff thats already been beaten into the ground i might just get what i want?.... maybe i should put more spaces filled with dots and add more stupid demands too.... HM?

gw2 is coming wow exp this game will be nothing but 10 year olds playin cause its free and mommy wont let them use her credit card for wow

ea invested millions in this game and you would think content and keepin the player base happy would be the top of the agenda but alas it hasnt cause they sat back and took a huge loss in all the money they invested in this game and announced well were goin free to play cause we have no clue how to run a mmo

I think the producers were quoted on how long it would take people to grind out story line without realizing that the time frame they were projected wasn't accurate as well that people would enjoy the dynamics of the voice overs they sunk all there eggs into it without much consideration towards the end product and they probably also thought the legacy system would add the time sink to keep people subbed, however in that aspect it wasn't entirely what people wanted to do for replay ability.

I dont see us getting something every 6 week.

Event was our content after last update

6 weeks from event 'F2P'

6 weeks after F2P new update.

my 2 cents

If they give us the new raid + warzone by the end of next month, as they have said, then that'll be the 6 week content.

More accurately:

Event

6 weeks later: New raid + warzone

6 more weeks: F2P/Makeb(?)/HK(?)

If they give us the new raid + warzone by the end of next month, as they have said, then that'll be the 6 week content.

More accurately:

Event

6 weeks later: New raid + warzone

6 more weeks: F2P/Makeb(?)/HK(?)

Umm, they actually said that the Warzones would come "soon™" after Terror. So they probably mean:

Event

6 Weeks after: New raid

6 Weeks after: Warzone

6 Weeks after: F2P(+ Makeb or HK, both they will charge for)

6 Weeks after: New items in the cash shop.

6 Weeks after: More items in the cash shop

6 weeks after: EA announces that more people have quit and the game is not as profitable as they thought. They continue to PR spin the reasons why the game is failing, instead of admitting they just failed to make a decent MMO. >.>

This isn't Anet this is Bioware, don't hold your breath.

^This.

The developers are very experienced at making an MMO. They're just not experienced at making good ones. They have plenty of experience running MMO's into the ground though. *coughwarhammercough* :rolleyes:

Edited by Katsuragisama

@ OP: If the past is any indication BEAware won't even be able to meet the 6 weeks for new content goal.

It will appear that they can, at first, because of all the content they are holding back for after F2P. Pretty sad that, after 9 months time, we only got 1 real content patch.

It will appear that they can, at first, because of all the content they are holding back for after F2P. Pretty sad that, after 9 months time, we only got 1 real content patch.

Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the community begged for features instead of content.

Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the community begged for features instead of content.

So, its the communities fault right? The community is the reason that this game went downhill fast. Ever stop to think that if you built a good game then people would support it? Other games can do features and content, at the same time. They do both with much better quality.....and guess what..... have not even half the staff or budget that ToR had.

Im sorry that you want to blame the consumers. Its not the consumers fault that EA/BW have ****** management and ****** developers.

The story is great.... mission accomplished. MMO it is not. If all they can do is story then they should have just made it an offline single player game. They would have made much more money.

So, its the communities fault right? The community is the reason that this game went downhill fast. Ever stop to think that if you built a good game then people would support it? Other games can do features and content, at the same time. They do both with much better quality.....and guess what..... have not even half the staff or budget that ToR had.

Im sorry that you want to blame the consumers. Its not the consumers fault that EA/BW have ****** management and ****** developers.

The story is great.... mission accomplished. MMO it is not. If all they can do is story then they should have just made it an offline single player game. They would have made much more money.

^ This. Heck the features that they have had to stop everything and add in are features that most MMO's have at launch.

You sound like you know how development works, please tell us more

Nice one Fay, but Storm does have a point, they did write a pretty big check and missed on a little short of half. To Fay's point, Storm, 6 weeks is pretty a aggressive schedule. Frankly, given EA's ability to follow through on their commitments, I don't believe it for a New York second. But it does make those, who don't know any better, feel better about SWTOR. I'm here for the BioWare people who have toiled tirelessly, given the red tape and rediculous barriers set up by EA.

I salute you code monkeys! Keep up the fight!

Umm, they actually said that the Warzones would come "soon™" after Terror. So they probably mean:

Event

6 Weeks after: New raid

6 Weeks after: Warzone

6 Weeks after: F2P(+ Makeb or HK, both they will charge for)

6 Weeks after: New items in the cash shop.

6 Weeks after: More items in the cash shop

6 weeks after: EA announces that more people have quit and the game is not as profitable as they thought. They continue to PR spin the reasons why the game is failing, instead of admitting they just failed to make a decent MMO. >.>

^This.

The developers are very experienced at making an MMO. They're just not experienced at making good ones. They have plenty of experience running MMO's into the ground though. *coughwarhammercough* :rolleyes:

This is a little cynical, but I think more correct than not. Don't expect things to be put out after the advertised content is released that match its quality and that of the 1-50 leveling. TOR will remain live online, for new players to experience 1-50 and purchase things in the cash shop, but there will be very little added that is up to par with what's in the game currently. BW simply doesn't have the staff allocated for it. The developers had their chance to make a great Star Wars MMO, but made more of an expanded KOTOR 3. It simply doesn't have the staying power of a real MMO.