Make Huttball a Spectator Sport

gpwarner

why not take it all the way??? its a HUTTball match, gambling is pretty much a prerequisite with anything hutt

let us make pregame bets on either of the teams, once our bet gets in , we get seated on the side of our team , add a rodian bookie on the fleet for it ! ;)

I would just like to add support to this idea. It fits with Star Wars.

Edited by Draekos

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an excellent idea. The arena should be in a public zone (Nar Shaddaa maybe?) where other players can come observe, and pvp queuers should just spawn to the starting zone and back to where they were when its over. Its a great idea actually. Edited by Karkais

Nothing wrong with the idea itself, but do you people really think it would be worthwhile for BioWare to implement after next Tuesday for the remaining <500k people?

Let him sell Spectator-Feature in the store... At least something worthwhile! :D

To avoid cheating how about more rewards for opening your game to the spectator arena so ranked teams would want to do it and would also know the risks of doing so.

It's not really hard to figure out where the ball is, only thing maybe is keeping track of players and tipping off if a stealth is in your endzone, which they would only know if they were counting players and couldnt find one really.

Edited by Jalal

To avoid cheating how about more rewards for opening your game to the spectator arena so ranked teams would want to do it and would also know the risks of doing so.

It's not really hard to figure out where the ball is, only thing maybe is keeping track of players and tipping off if a stealth is in your endzone, which they would only know if they were counting players and couldnt find one really.

guildwars had there matches recorded and only able to watch after the match was done, to prevent exploiting. You could disable chat and just about any form of communication, but you'd always have some ****** guild put spectators in the stands and report in vent what the other team is doing. And BW could not police that.

Put the matches on a time delay for spectators. I dont ever see gambling on these working though. Way too easy to throw a match that has guildies betting on the other team.

I am the guild leader of Huttballin on the fatman and i love this idea. I would enjoy watching sts and some of the other top guilds play huttball. It be great for me aswell to try and show people how to actually play huttball correctly. It really is a win,win. But this is bioware we are talking about so i doubt it would happen.

• New Huttball maps
  • Huttball rating per player/guild
  • Ability to queue for Huttball only
  • Spectator Mode

Add all of this soon and I would be a happy(still sub'd) pvp'r

Spectator mode issues don't matter so much in huttball, as people playing competitively should be aware of the field.

guildwars had there matches recorded and only able to watch after the match was done, to prevent exploiting. You could disable chat and just about any form of communication, but you'd always have some ****** guild put spectators in the stands and report in vent what the other team is doing. And BW could not police that.

Put the matches on a time delay for spectators. I dont ever see gambling on these working though. Way too easy to throw a match that has guildies betting on the other team.

I think this is the only way we are gonna get spectator matches. I think a good way to do this would be to select 5-8 of the closest huttball matches (or random, or whatever) and then have an arena where players could watch one of them every night. This would get players to congregate (always a good thing in an MMO) and would allow for some very fun watching.

The only thing is that betting or gambling wouldn't be allowed

I suppose it could be possible to have arena monitors that you click, and then enter the arena as invisible freely moving cameras that can't interact with anything. Thats how city of heroes did it long time ago. This is if the open zone observation isn't applicable. Edited by Karkais

15 to 30 second delay would eliminate any advantage of spectators, this could work.

Exactly. You want to spice up ranked matches and warzone pvp in general

1) Give us a few camera options to choose from. (free roam) (player follow) (sideline high) (end zone high). Put a 30-60 second delay on spectating. (You would have to change sideline high) and (end zone high) to (east node) (west node) (south/middle node)

2) Broadcast to all players on the fleet ala server maint. message "Ranked Match in Arena (A) (B) © (D)Starting in 120 seconds"

3) Change the VIP Lounge to give all players access to it. Keep the VIP Vendor and improve it for VIP's. Place terminals around the lounge that players can click and interact with given them access to spectate the Ranked Matches - Extending this further, each ranked match could be labeled Arena (A) (B) © (D). This way guilds could broadcast to the fleet what arena the ranked match is about to start in for those that like watching certain teams.

4) Allow for wagering on teams via Hutt Wager Terminals. Put a min and max bet in place, this way it could not be exploited for large quantities of credit farming. (Restricting the amount of wagers a player could make in one 24 hour period might also help prevent that) All wagers are divided equally among winners. You could even increase/decrease the min/max bet for VIP's.

5) Other time sink games that players have been asking for could be included in the lounge to include not only pvp players, but also pve and rp players. This could include pazaak, swoop racing(wagering on these would probably be popular as well) and many other time sink games.

7) Establish a second floor(different instance) that includes a dualing arena so players can dual on the fleet. Making this a second floor/new instance would help keep lag down in the main instances of the fleet.

8) Stream the SW cantina song non stop with version of Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes on stage :D (This is an absolute MUST!)

I know I know, wishful thinking... This would no doubt be an absolute hit tho.

Edited by Brool

I like the Idea of Huttball and all PvP having spectator option. I also like the idea of the VIP lounge/Cantinas having terminals to access it or Screens that stream it. Having a 30 second or 1 minute time delay on the stream would prevent cheating from spectators. Gambling would be fun too. This game needs more social spaces where players get together other than standing next to bank boxes or GTN terminals.

Since Bioware wants F2P then having spectator mode on pvp would be a great hook to get people to think about subbing or using cartel coins to purchase additional pvp matches.

I like the Idea of Huttball and all PvP having spectator option. I also like the idea of the VIP lounge/Cantinas having terminals to access it or Screens that stream it. Having a 30 second or 1 minute time delay on the stream would prevent cheating from spectators. Gambling would be fun too. This game needs more social spaces where players get together other than standing next to bank boxes or GTN terminals.

Since Bioware wants F2P then having spectator mode on pvp would be a great hook to get people to think about subbing or using cartel coins to purchase additional pvp matches.

As fun and awesome as this would be it is my honest belief that this is just wishful thinking. I put this post in the suggestion box, and its already on the 3rd page without a single response.

And that's all the more reason it will never happen on this game.

I just couldent see the development staff looking into that because they wouldent want server lag issues, But I could see if they wanted to be able to observe the match and control a camera or be stuck to swapping characters

I just couldent see the development staff looking into that because they wouldent want server lag issues, But I could see if they wanted to be able to observe the match and control a camera or be stuck to swapping characters

If done properly and using instances it would cause no more lag than having another warzone running. Using a ghost mode type of camera you wouldnt be rendering more characters or attack animations. Lag wouldn't/shouldn't be an issue with this. Then again we are running on the hero engine so you never know.

Getting them to actually put the work into developing it is the problem with it. You think for a 200 million dollar MMO, this isnt somthing that could be done?